Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 12:23 PM       
Yes indeed, nothing could possibly go wrong if we collide particles together.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 12:29 PM       
Particles naturally collide hundreds of millions of times a day in our atmosphere and with energies that dwarf the LHC by comparison. So unless the world has already ended and I didn't get the memo, I'd say we're going to be just fine.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 12:32 PM       
I have already stated that nothing could possibly go wrong. Take me off ignore.
Mongoloid
Cedar is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 12:37 PM       
it's happening until october
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 12:51 PM       

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 02:08 PM       
MORE LIKE LARGE HARDON COLLIDER
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 02:22 PM       
Also, CERTAIN PEOPLE claim that this is a scientist working on the project currently.

I have a hard time believing this but what an uncanny resemblance!
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 03:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
Particles naturally collide hundreds of millions of times a day in our atmosphere and with energies that dwarf the LHC by comparison. So unless the world has already ended and I didn't get the memo, I'd say we're going to be just fine.
THe difference is that those collisions happen after a huge amount of distance, plus passing through the atmosphere, which weakens the reaction a huge amount. We're making this reaction where little to no energy will be lost since it will have a relatively short distance to travel.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 08:40 PM       
Personally, I want them to create "strange matter" which is a theoretical particle with one "strange" quark as part of its makeup. Theorists suggest that matter of this ilk could potentially absorb other particles while not changing its "singular" nature. The more matter it absorbs in this fashion, the more stable it could become. It could be a major source of "free energy" or could potentially destroy the planet.

Carpe Diem!
You may already be there.
Oozes machismo
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 08:48 PM       
They need to hurry up and flip the switch on this thing. If there's a grizzly apocalypse around the corner, I'd like to know so I can get a head start on building a thunderdome.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 10:03 PM       
They're doing this on a wednesday...in Europe. So it's a Tuesday for me. I don't even get to enjoy my day off if they blow the world up.

Going to have some fun on sunday then.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 10:34 PM       
It should be in 5 hours if that clock thing was correct last night.
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 11:34 PM       
so how much longer til the LHC is turned on? Website has been down for awhile.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 11:48 PM       
UH
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 11:56 PM       
I KNOW
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 12:46 AM       
they're only gonna start testing one section of it on the 9th they're not gonna even gonna do collisions until probably oct-nov YALL GOT SOME TIME I THINK
Oozes machismo
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 01:58 AM       
Aw, hell naw, willie! I didn't buy a crowbar, a crate of canned beans, 40 gallons of water, and some road flares just to have 'em sit around till October.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 03:43 AM       
i think you should quit with the half-life references and start making out of this world/another world references since that game actually starts with an accident w/ a particle accelerator rather than some nebulous scanning device
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 03:54 AM       
Guys, if the world ends because of this you won't even feel it, stop being faggots.
OH GOD
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 04:01 AM       
idk if they made a stable micro black hole the earth would prob. take a while to collapse into it

and that whole strangelet conversion thing might take a while too idk i'll leave that to the science dudes
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 09:31 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by BABALITY PANCAKES View Post
so how much longer til the LHC is turned on? Website has been down for awhile.
http://public.web.cern.ch/Public/Welcome.html

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 11:52 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
Guys, if the world ends because of this you won't even feel it, stop being faggots.
ignorance is gay
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 12:03 PM       
I think the vacuum bubble one is my favorite.

Quote:
The possibility that we are living in a false vacuum has been considered. If a bubble of lower energy vacuum were nucleated, it would approach at nearly the speed of light and destroy the Earth instantaneously, without any forewarning. Thus, this vacuum metastability event is a theoretical doomsday event.
Oozes machismo
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 03:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
i think you should quit with the half-life references and start making out of this world/another world references since that game actually starts with an accident w/ a particle accelerator rather than some nebulous scanning device
I bought the crowbar to open the beans
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 06:18 PM       
I wish someone would grow the balls to say they haven't the foggiest understanding of what those scientists are really doing, instead of playing armchair physicist. :/