Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2003, 08:06 AM       
I bring it up to either 1) help with a visualization of a person or 2) to make people look stupid. You won't hear me too freakin often say that "I can't be racist, some of my best friends are blah blah blah."

I could honestly give a shit less what the people I associate with are when it comes to skin color and ethnic background. Who gives a shit? Does it help me sometimes describe a person so a better visualization can be made in the head? yes it does, but I talk about it a lot less "in real life" than I do here.

And to jin, Achimp: It's amazing how I am supposed to be the asshole around here, but you don't see me spouting off the proclaimed "n-word" like its funny, like you all are doing.
LIVE @ THE GHETTO HILTON!
jin is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2003, 09:05 AM       
"I bring it up to either 1) help with a visualization of a person or 2) to make people look stupid. You won't hear me too freakin often say that "I can't be racist, some of my best friends are blah blah blah.""

I dont understand how mentioning the skin color of some people can make others look stupid? (point 2).

Ps. You forgot to mention that i also have a confederate flag in my sig, Yet I preach anti-homophobia and anti-racism.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 6th, 2003, 04:11 PM       
Vince, watch your blood pressure. You might give yourself a nosebleed, you're so worked up.

Here's what I find most amussing about that amazing hissy fit you posted. You still don't understand what I'm making fun of about. Yes, I think you are bigotted, but in a fairly harmless way. But your line about Black Women being 'shown; is only ironic in that respect, since of course I know that isn't what you meant.

It's that you didn't understand then, and clearly still don't, how bad that sentence was. It isn't always the case that people who write as badly as you do are stupid, but that's certainly how a reader will percieve them.

"Look at the beautiful black women that have been shown in our culture for years."

1.) In context you didn't mean the reader should speciffically look at individual black women. Your describing a phenomena, so you want to say "Look at HOW" or "The Way" or "The manner in which". Your initial error is compounded by using 'That' which references particular beautiful black women as opposed to all beauftiful black women.

2.) 'Have been shown in our culture' is a very awkward construction. We, the culture, are the subject of your sentence and not the object. To make your point, you want your reader to look at the culture and it's perceptions, not the beautiful black women. Your point is about the culture.

3.) 'Shown'. You show a dog, you show a car, you show furniture or even paintings, you do not show people. If you don't want to convey objectification than don't use this word. Thats why Hallie Berrie is in X-men 2, or appears in x-men 2 or stars in x-men 2 and is not shown in x-men 2. That's why Phylicia Rashad was in the Cosby show or on a tv show and was not shown on tv. Its why you say I want you to meet my beautfiul black girlfriend and not I want to show you my beautfiful black girlfriend.

What made me laugh about that sentence was not tht it revealed you to be a racist. It was that in an atempt to prove you were not a racist you accidentally said something that if taken at face value was extremely racist, and you don't even know you did it, and I'd wager even now you don't understand it.

Words have meaning, structure is there for a reason.

Now. Please remember, the whole reason for this thread. YOU desribed yourself a 'someone who speaks in intelligent sentences'. I thought that was dlightfully absurd. Hence my two threads collecting your hysterical errors. You thanked me for doing this at one point. Have you changed your mind?
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old May 6th, 2003, 06:10 PM       
Quote:
It's amazing how I am supposed to be the asshole around here, but you don't see me spouting off the proclaimed "n-word" like its funny, like you all are doing.
It's amazing how you think that every guy thinks with his penis.

Old May 6th, 2003, 10:26 PM       
Examine this sentence, Max:

When Vince dies, people will care. When Max dies, no one will give a fuck.

Debunk that line, Kreskin.

Sergeant_Tibbs is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2003, 11:41 PM       
I think Max will care when he's dead.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old May 6th, 2003, 11:56 PM       
All the hot chicks will be lamenting the fact that Vince's penis, home to his mighty intellect, will remain forever flacid once he dies.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2003, 01:31 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
Examine this sentence, Max:

When Vince dies, people will care. When Max dies, no one will give a fuck.

Debunk that line, Kreskin.
I'm not Max, but I'm sure he won't mind if I debunk it instead.

I will care when Max Burbank dies.

There. Consider it debunked.

DonkeyMolester is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2003, 02:31 AM       
Aaah...thanks for the good read guys.
Makes a slow day at work pass by a little faster
Old May 7th, 2003, 09:51 AM       
Proto just debunked it so I don't need to.

But I'm pretty sure, 'debunked' was not the word you wanted to use. You meant I should analyze it the way I'd analyzed other of your sentences.

In that respect, your post was perfect. The verbs were paralell, as was the rest of the structure. I think what you meant, though, was simply 'fuck you', and I'd always recomend simplicity whenever possible. fter all, look how well you did when you kept it to two senntences.
Old May 8th, 2003, 11:05 AM       
73.) "Put up an article about "homeless" people and what we need to do with the situation."

74.) "I will be around tomorrow after I finish updating today."

75.) "I heard about a story yesterday from a co-worker about a class from Washington DC (I believe) that was going to New York City for 48 hours to live on the street."

76.) "The vast majority of "homeless persons" are drug addicts, the mentally insane, or alcoholics."

77.) "We see the images that are beamed into our house constantly about how they are all Vietnam vets or families that were kicked from their homes. They constitute the vast minority of bums on the street."

78.) "No one woke up today and chose to be a bum. It happens based on decisions made by those people in our society who are bums."

79.) "The vast majority of (voluntary) people on the street did so because they were not responsible enough to try to beat their vices or addictions."

80.) "Why should I want to help someone who was so stupid that they spent their money on booze, knowing full well that their rent was due the next day? As a Christian, I want to help this person by choice. As an American citizen, I am supporting them via tax dollars by FORCE."

81.) "If we want to truly lower the homeless problem, we need to take real actions that have lasting effects."

82.) "If someone is mentally challenged and does need assistance, we should help him with that assistance BUT put more emphasis on training these people to be able to help themselves to."

83.) "If they are able to help pay for some of their own needs, then that is less money needed for them, which can be distributed to others if need be or used for other purposes."

84.) "Once you are able to decrease the amount of money going in via tax dollars to these various agencies, you 1) lower the taxpayers burden, 2) give the mentally handicapped a build up of self-worth and 3) keep more people off the street."

85.) "They will sit there on the street, piss everywhere, beg for money (without going to get a job), and sometimes cause a disturbance."

86.) "If someone is on the street being a disturbance, causing a scene or being obscene in public, you put their asses in jail."

87.) "After jail, if it is revealed that they are bums, you put them to work to pay the state back for jailing them and wasting my tax money. Why can’t we put bums to jail to work?"
Old May 8th, 2003, 01:24 PM       
88.) "Bill took on my favorite talk radio guy last night and I can truthfully that I have never seen Bill "spin" something that bad in my life."

89.) "Neal came with the angle that the party was private and not sponsored by the school, thus no matter how "unethical" the party was, they students had the right to have it."

90.) "Bill came with the idea that since it was planned on school grounds, that it was a "prom" and thus the school should say something about it."

91.) "Go to the Neal'z Newz section today to find it and then later into the archives."

92.) "I tend to write from time to time to people that I read on the internet, newspaper, or magazines that have put out something that I disagree with."

93.) "It allows me to exchange my ideas with others and to find out what the "enemy", so to speak, thinks about certain issues."

94.) "I was going to post the entire correspondence that we had on here, but I decided it would be too boring and besides, I don’t have the first two letters I wrote."

95.) "Opportunity knocks when you least expect it and you have to jump on it."

96.) "There are very few that are born with a silver spoon in their mouth."

97.) "I leave you with a simple thought today: If you want to be successful, no one is going to hand it to you. "

98.) "Very simple, but like everything else in life, very true."
Old May 8th, 2003, 02:35 PM       
99.) "Did anyone in your organization secretly agree with you about what you were doing, or were they vocal in doing so?"

100.) "Do you have any desire of doing a political-type of talk show?"

101.) "To help out the country in our time of war, a struggling to flourish economy, and the worry about the world's opinion about us because of the course of actions we have taken, I have decided to help out in something that many of us have had to worry about since the beginning of time: If we are or we are trying to associate with an idiot."

102.) "You may or someone you may know may fall under one or two of these qualifications."

103.) "But do look around and others who are famous that do, and then judge for yourself."

104.) "Because if you honest-to-God believe that Bush is another Hitler and all he thinks about all day is putting Arabs and Muslims in big detention centers while Ashcroft plans out a quick and easy way to destroy them WHILE wiping his ass with the Constitution, then, and lets be realistic here, you do not deserve to talk with the big people are discussing grown-up things."

105.) "Save me the time for paying my taxes to support your professional-protesting ass."

106.) "Because it is pretty damn obvious that you were bent over in reamed in your education."

107.) "In the many jobs I have had in my life, there is the one thing that makes me want to come to work with a baseball bat and go to town, and that is when people RE-FUCKING-FUSE to speak decent English!"

108.) "I'm not a bigot by no means of the imagination, but dammnit, speak English when in my presence because I want to understand what is going on."

109.) "If you listen to NPR for anything else besides comedic value, then you truly are an idiot."

110.) "There is a difference between being someone who is an atheist or just someone who doesn't like religion and someone that goes out of their fucking way to be a jerk-off."
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old May 8th, 2003, 02:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
107.) "In the many jobs I have had in my life, there is the one thing that makes me want to come to work with a baseball bat and go to town, and that is when people RE-FUCKING-FUSE to speak decent English!"
... or type it.

Wherever you go, there you are.
The Goddamned Batman
Old May 8th, 2003, 03:47 PM       
I always had him pegged for a self-loather.
Old May 12th, 2003, 10:54 AM       
111.) "Second, if you went around and said that this position was your actual job, I am going use my magic 8-ball to see your chances of getting laid."

112.) "I've been on this real sex topic kick lately because of all the freakin' spam mail I have been getting lately."

113.) "I mean, I like to look at the ladies from time to time, but I don't think I'm THAT weird to set out to look for some person dressed like a devil doing 3 bi-sexual nuns!"

114.) "First off, where the hell do you sign up for this shit? Number two, why the hell would I sign up for it?"

115.) "That is why I always suggest to get an e-mail to sign up for shit to, so it can be fake and spam can be send there."

116.) "I am not trying to be the moral majority here, but shit people, get some decency."

117.) "Bukkake. Judging by how many people surf this site, the 3 of you know that know what it means are already laughing your asses off."

118.) "If you ever meet the "focal point" in a Bukkake "meeting", I strongly advise you to be against kissing such a person. "

Old May 12th, 2003, 11:19 AM       
Max, there is a hidden copyright on my site... so I suggest you start shelling out the dollars to copy my material.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old May 12th, 2003, 11:33 AM       
Quote:
Max, there is a hidden copyright on my site... so I suggest you start shelling out the dollars to copy my material.
If it's hidden, then it's not public (pause) You follow me so far? As such it can never be an enforceable copyright. Of course, you're probably kidding < LOL :/ my stomach hurts> but even jokes can be stupid. If you weren't kidding, then I have to get myself a "hidden copyright seller's license" soon because there's a whole new market of sucker's out there waiting to be milked.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Old May 12th, 2003, 11:43 AM       
Vinth, I must again compliment your skill at making yourself look stupid. Indeed, the more I look, the stupider you get, so congrats, big guy!

And since you already thanked me for the free advertising, where shoukld I send my bill?
The Goddamned Batman
Old May 12th, 2003, 12:53 PM       
Hi Vince! I just wanted to remind you that I debunked your statement.

Oh, and if there's any chance, do you think you could post that submarine letter any time soon?

Or maybe tell us the name of whatever horrible hive disease you have?

Or give us an actual example of a time when you used a weapon to defend your family?

Thanks,

Protoclown

Old May 12th, 2003, 06:21 PM       
1) its gone

2) it's just hives

3) its none of your business
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old May 12th, 2003, 06:46 PM       
1) "I lied"

2) "I lied BIG TIME"

3) "I'm the lyinest motherfucker that ever walked the face of the Earth; I'm so completely full of shit I cry myself to sleep at night because I'm not sure I even know my own name because I'm so COMPLETELY FULL OF SHIT I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE MYSELF!

Plus, I'm a huge lardass."
________
Vaporite Solo Digital Hands Free Vaporizer

Last edited by sspadowsky : Apr 18th, 2011 at 06:04 AM.
The Goddamned Batman
Old May 12th, 2003, 09:06 PM       
Quote:
2) it's just hives
Gee, that's funny. Because I didn't think "just hives" were usually classified as a seperate condition with a really obscure name that you can't be bothered to remember, even though your mother is a nurse.

Quote:
3) its none of your business
Then why keep bringing it up as you keep doing? YOU'RE the one that brought it up. YOU'RE the one that seems overly proud to regale us with your adventurous exploits. And suddenly when somebody actually tries to call you on something you get shy? I don't think so.

You reek of bullshit.

Old May 12th, 2003, 09:40 PM       
I said something about it once and then people keep bringing it up. I don't sit there and keep bringing up shit all the freaking day.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old May 13th, 2003, 09:23 AM       
Translation: "why can't you stop picking on me? I'm not that much more stupid than anyone else in my town!"

Edit: Freudian Slip