Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 08:57 AM        Why I Love Blizzard
112,000 Diablo II accounts closed for cheating

Blizzard closes a large number of Battle.net accounts tied to use of cheat programs.

On its Battle.net Web site, Blizzard has announced that more than 112,000 Diablo II accounts have been closed as a part of its aggressive campaign to prevent cheating on its online service. These closed accounts were tied to the use of a hack or cheating program, and the CD keys associated with the accounts will be disabled in the case of repeat offenders. Blizzard also noted that it has identified accounts that have used a third-party map-hack program, and these accounts will be closed if use of the map-hack continues. Blizzard asks Battle.net players to report instances of cheating by sending e-mail to hacks@blizzard.com.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/diabl...s_6029797.html
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 10:20 AM       
People still play diablo 2?

it is nice to see them try to stop cheating at least.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 10:24 AM       
Now if only they could make a decent CD key protection scheme. I stopped playing W3 online because half the time my key was in use and we never gave it to anyone.
MY DAD
MrAdventure is probably a real personMrAdventure is probably a real person
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 01:13 PM       
i still play diablo 2, i been playin' for about three years, lol :/

Their semi-recent stance against people breaking the Terms of Service is nice, but it feels more as if they're trying to raise confidence in their ability to make World of Warcraft secure.

The realms are still fucked, the cause being people who are practically invincible due to hacked/bugged items, along with Drop/Trigger killers, and we've been waiting about a year for another patch (1.10) to fix this shit.

It's nice, but it's not enough. :/
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 05:02 PM       
Quote:
Their semi-recent stance against people breaking the Terms of Service is nice, but it feels more as if they're trying to raise confidence in their ability to make World of Warcraft secure.
Yea I am sure that is a big part. If there is one thing they cant afford it is for any cheats to work on World of Warcraft, I am sure alot less people will even try to hack it if they know blizzard is so strict on cheating.

I wish diablo 2 had a bit more mmorpg feel to it, limiting the games to 8 players and making it identical to the single player really ruined it for me, I saw no advantage to taking it online over playing on the lan with a friend or 2.