Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 12:50 PM       
Egg and Spoon Race:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWad76Ipyuw
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 12:53 PM       
I'm enjoying those alot.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 12:57 PM       
She has a lot of good characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNQMyMLnakc
teacup of sunshine
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 01:00 PM       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkxkoksCK8E

"Homo-lulu, is called. All-a boys a love Homolulu, eh? Lots of pretty boys."
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 01:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivore Is God View Post
I've had great luck with I-Mockery members, no one's creeped me out yet. Yahoo Chat about 8-9 years ago gave me my only bad experiences with meeting people from online.
Here we generally have good people though. I even have a very high opinion of my ex who used to post here!
Five people who I don't know in the least have informed me that I creep them out in the last two weeks, hordes of fat mothers inexplicably glare death at me whenever I stop by the high school to give my little brother a lift, and people start walking clear on the other side, in the gutter, well before I pass them on the sidewalk, so I can safely say that I give off a serial killer vibe (and my newest passport photos confirm this)

On the brighter side, mock meets have gone the way of King Arthur, so anyone's chances of meeting me is nil and my counterpoint proves invalid
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 04:11 PM       
ESS TEE AY ELL KAY EE ARR
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 04:17 PM       
WEST COAST MOCK MEET 2009
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 04:58 PM       
Back from London.

We went to see the Tate Modern, Natural History Museum and Science Museum.

Tate modern was kind of suck. Perhaps I'm just a philistine but I cannot understand the vast majority of modern art. My main criticism is that I find a lot of modern art-particularly performance art-indistinguishable from parody versions of itself. You could show me a video of Paul Macartny punching himself in the face with a boxing glove and I wouldn't be able to tell you if it was legitimate "art" or a joke (fyi, this was a legitimate performance art piece in the gallery). Meh, not my cup of tea at all.

The Natural History museum is great for looking at dinosaur bones and stuffed animals and they've got a big Darwin exhibition at the moment as it's like Darwin month or something in the UK. All in all it's a cool place to go, and worth checking out if you get a chance.

The Science Museum is really cool too. It's huge and they've got a lot of good stuff. The V2 rocket they have was the stand-out thing for me because it was so much bigger than I thought it would be. They had all the gyroscopic targeting mechanisms out on show as well which was interesting. There was also a V1 and a few war planes which were good to look at but not as cool as the V2.
They also had a whole floor on the history of computing and mathematics with several versions of Babbage's Difference Engine kicking about. Nerdy stuff indeed.

The journey home was kind of a hassle because my MP3 player's battery died on me and I had to listen to a screaming toddler directly behind me on the coach and an incredibly stupid sounding woman on the phone directly next to me, across the isle.

I don't know what the fuck her problem was but she kept phoning and being phoned by presumably the same person and then talking to him (I assume it was a him) for about 5 minutes each time using only four fucking sentences (or more accurately, sentence fragments/words). She'd say "HI... YOU ARIGHT?..OKAY...YOU ARIGHT?...OKAY...YOU ARIGHT THOUGH?..I'M ON A BUS. A WHITE BUS". I'm not exaggerating. I heard her say "YOU ARIGHT" at least 20-30+ times in 5-6 phone calls. And "I'M ON A BUS" almost as much. She also did this weird thing where she'd take the phone away from her face mid-sentence and look at the screen for about 5 seconds then put it back to her back and continue talking-"okay... yeah..."-as if she'd been listening to whoever she was speaking to.
It wouldn't have been so bad if she wasn't speaking so fucking loudly or if she'd actually spoken in real sentences that I could eavesdrop on.

All in all it was a decent day out.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 05:02 PM       
I'LL REMEMBER THAT THE NEXT TIME I AM IN LONDON.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 05:03 PM       
That looks long, should I read it or watch tv?
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 05:07 PM       
watch tv
teacup of sunshine
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 05:15 PM       
I'm sick dammit
The Unicorn
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 05:15 PM       
I HATE FEBRUARY
Fucking Finland
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 05:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
Back from London.

We went to see the Tate Modern, Natural History Museum and Science Museum.
Too bad you didn't get to visit Imperial War museum, that place is kick ass awesome
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 05:21 PM       
man i am glad i didnt fly into new york
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 05:22 PM       
Are all the good museums only in London? I wanna see Great Britain and go to the museums, but I don't want to be in London.
Fucking Finland
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 05:25 PM       
I've heard there is an awesome war museum in Washington, I'd love to go there one day.
That, and Chicago Natural History museum.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 05:26 PM       
BTW MM, that lady was running away from her life to meet up with a man who is leaving his wife to be with her.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 05:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
man i am glad i didnt fly into new york

You would have been fine. We're nowhere near NYC.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 05:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaNkeri View Post
Too bad you didn't get to visit Imperial War museum, that place is kick ass awesome
I'm going there at some point in the future, thing is I was with my girlfriend and he's not really into that sort of thing. Girls

Tadao: Unfortunatly the majority of good museums are in London, but it depends what you want to see. If you're into Tanks or Aviation the best places are scattered across the countryside. The same goes for Roman Briton, medieveil forts etc.

But it is definatly worth visting London for atleast a day or two.
Fucking Finland
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 05:49 PM       
I spent a week in London with my dad between the London bombings. We pretty much spent every day in museums.One day isn't enough to go through British Museum, we were approximately able to see only 1/4 of the stuff there. HMS Belfast was cool.
The most memorable thing I remember from our trip was however the moment of silence that was held for the victims of the terrorist attacks, we were at Westminister Abbey at the moment and it was quite touching. We also witnessed the gathering on Trafalgar Square.
teacup of sunshine
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 05:58 PM       
Rankeri: the Field Museum?
teacup of sunshine
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 05:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
You would have been fine. We're nowhere near NYC.

My dad flies into Buffalo all the time, I'm glad it wasn't one of his weeks to visit that factory :/
Fucking Finland
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 06:00 PM       
Yeah, that one. I've wanted to visit it ever since I saw The Ghost and the Darkness when I was in elementary school
teacup of sunshine
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 06:06 PM       
lol.

I love the field museum. I used to know someone who curated a big exhibit there. I was offered to come for an after-hours special tour, wink wink, but I turned them down :/ I'm reasonably sure there would have been attempted fucking and that grossed me out.

The field museum is really cool, but my preference has always been the Milwaukee Public Museum 45 minutes to the north, where they perfected the art of the diorama.