Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old May 18th, 2010, 06:24 PM       
If I remember my Hockey lingo, the Power Play comes when a player from the opposing team is in the penalty box, giving the team with the power play the advantage of numbers.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 23rd, 2010, 09:13 AM       
I thought it meant your goals count as double or something. Or maybe you are allowed to aim for the face. That's pretty rubbish if it's that; just about every other game has 'power play' too, they just don't call it that.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old May 23rd, 2010, 12:44 PM       
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old May 23rd, 2010, 03:35 PM       
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old May 23rd, 2010, 05:56 PM       
This kid I know from Chicago hates hockey yet is bandwagoning on the Blackhawks like a motherfucker with every new facebook status

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Fucking Finland
Old May 24th, 2010, 09:01 AM       
Quoting myself from Jun. 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaNkeri View Post
07 - Ducks
08- Red Wings
09 - Penguins

I bet 10 € that Thrashers or Black hawks win in 2010
History will be made
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:35 PM       
You're halfway there, dude.
You may already be there.
Fucking Finland
Old May 24th, 2010, 04:47 PM       
Now that I think about it, the name Flyers would also go well with the theme of recent SC winners

Last edited by RaNkeri : May 24th, 2010 at 05:50 PM.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old May 24th, 2010, 08:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
I thought it meant your goals count as double or something. Or maybe you are allowed to aim for the face. That's pretty rubbish if it's that; just about every other game has 'power play' too, they just don't call it that.

I wish that were so, it would be way more interesting.

I was just at the Blue Jackets store and I'd like to know why, even though they never made it anywhere near the playoffs this year, they still have the gall to put $35 pricetags on t-shirts.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old May 24th, 2010, 08:39 PM       
Never buy t-shirts at a game.

As for the Flyers, they seem to have things well in hand so far. Looks like they are going to the finals
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old May 24th, 2010, 09:14 PM       
This wasn't even in Nationwide Arena. They have a store at the Tuttle Crossing mall in Dublin, I go there a few times a year. It's weirdly posh for a hockey-and-hockey-accessories store.

Actually, I wanted to get a jersey for my kid and that ended up being ridiculous, so I walked off with a(n?) "I'm a Blue Jackets Sweetheart" tshirt for $15 (actual manufacturing price about $1, I'm sure).
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old May 24th, 2010, 09:42 PM       
CUP FINALS BABY! WOOT!
Fucking Finland
Old May 25th, 2010, 03:39 AM       
So what are your expectations? Flyers have huge momentum, but I don't think it's enough to overcome Chicago.

I'd say Hawks win 4-1 or 4-2.

However seeing what Flyers did to Boston, I wouldn't be too surprised if they'd be able to win the series.

Either way, the cup is coming to Finland
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old May 25th, 2010, 11:44 AM       
Rooting for the blackhawks vs flyers. Hoping for the blackhawks to win though

.....fucking hate the thrashers.
teacup of sunshine
Old May 25th, 2010, 03:32 PM       
I never mustered an opinion about the thrashers.

I'd pick blackhawks over flyers.
after enough bourbon ...
Old May 25th, 2010, 08:23 PM       
Unfortunately, If I was a realist, I'd probably agree with you all.

But I'm not Flyers in 6
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old May 25th, 2010, 08:32 PM       
I gotta go with the Colonel on this one.

We doubted the Flyers before and then they did something done only 3(?) other times in hockey history

But I was on the Flyers have some talent train for months
after enough bourbon ...
Old May 25th, 2010, 09:42 PM       
On paper the Hawks are a better team.

However, on paper, Washington and Pittsburgh should have pounced all over the Habs, and the Flyers should have been bounced by the Devils.

Funny game, hockey, eh?
teacup of sunshine
Old May 26th, 2010, 10:08 PM       
I think hockey took up three whole pages in Sports Illustrated this week. Four if you count the blurb in the table of contents.

Lookin' good.
after enough bourbon ...
Old May 27th, 2010, 09:27 AM       
dbl pst

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : May 27th, 2010 at 09:30 AM. Reason: feckin' dog slow cnxn
after enough bourbon ...
Old May 27th, 2010, 09:29 AM       
Usually it's only takes up a few paragraphs on a page with soccer, water polo and women's fencing.
SKATASTIC
Old Jun 4th, 2010, 10:44 AM       
Nice job for the Flyers OT victory the other day.

My roommate rushed home to watch the end of the game. It was tied 3-3 with a minute left. I was like ".....I'm gonna play Super Smash Brothers, there's only like 1 minute left in the game. Its basically over anyway."

Boy was he mad.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jun 4th, 2010, 02:12 PM       
I'll be tuning in briefly tonight, no more than 5 minutes at a time. :superstition