Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

James sucks
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 03:23 AM        Soul Calibur 2
AKA: What's the big fucking deal?

I just played a demo of it, and I don't see what's so great about it. It's fun for a little bit, but the play mechanics seems incredibly simple (more than Mortal Kombat and Tekken), and it gets boring.

So what exactly am I missing here? Fighting with weapons. Oooh, big deal. Honestly, can someone tell me what makes this game so great? I might rent it and give it a real chance, but for now, it seems like an overhyped fanboy's game.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 05:19 AM       
MY demo came with glue on the bottom. Again.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 06:00 AM       
That happened with my Splinter Cell demo.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 06:09 AM       
Splinter Cell sucked ass anyway. I thought that Soul Calibur 2 was okay. I don't like the out of bounds thing though. It's annoying as fuck.

Zero Signal is probably a spambot
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 09:21 AM        Re: Soul Calibur 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
it seems like an overhyped fanboy's game.
This sounds like an overhyped fanboi's thread.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 04:14 PM       
The first one was the best fighter ever. I haven't gotten my hands on the demo yet.

It better not fucking suck. I reserved it for xbox

And to all you stupid dick heads, no, not for spawn.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 05:27 PM       
OK. So I am now convinced that this game is shit, because nobody's been able to say otherwise.

Really, it's not even on par with Tekken. The weapons don't even really provide anything special. It's just thwap, slash, spinny spin. Just seems really boring. Combos and attacks seem rather slim, as well. I'd much rather play Tekken or Mortal Kombat, or even the over-complicated Virtua Fighter.

The only thing it's got going for it (according to reviews), is it has pick-up-and-play capability. But that's a cop out. What's so great about being able to mash buttons and stand a decent chance?
MY DAD
MrAdventure is probably a real personMrAdventure is probably a real person
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 05:34 PM       
I've put around 150 hours on SC.

SC2 has been out in arcades for almost a year, but I haven't tried to play it yet. From what I hear, the main change in the engine is in the 8WR, which is tweaked to make the game play faster than original SC.

But the thing that sells me on SC2 is Weapon Master Mode. I'm itchin' to kick the shit out of my friends with a tambourine wielding Voldo.

EDITS: P.S.: SUPER COOL IMPORT INFO ON SC2. http://www.felixmcli.org/sc2-main.html
Mocker

James sucks
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 08:55 PM       
OK, so we're establishing that Soul Calibur WAS a good game for the Dreamcast. But we're talking about SC2.

I guess I'm not going to get an answer right away, aside from one man's love for tambourines. I thought most of you had played this game in arcades and whatnot.

Anyway, if one of you rents/buys it, can you please tell me what makes this game better that Virtua Fighter, Tekken, or Mortal Kombat? I honestly could not see anything worthwhile. But then again, it was a demo.

Everyone's been making such a huge deal about this game, and I want to know why.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 09:06 PM       
Mostly because SC was such a fucking great game

It's not easy to explain. It was fun, yet simple...

Does SC2 really suck that bad? If so, I could have used those 50 bucks for something better
Mocker

James sucks
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 09:37 PM       
I just don't know. I've never play SC before in my life, and everyone I know was popping a boner for this game. It got high scores in reviews (perfect, to say the least), and everyone simply loves this game.

So maybe my expectations were just different, having had no first-hand experience. I wouldn't say it sucks. I just don't know what the big deal is.

Shentsuu is probably a spambot
Old Aug 8th, 2003, 01:22 AM        Been there, done that.
Hey, i spended pretty much money on SC2's arcade, it's totally awesome, there are more combos you can do than you think. Mortal Kombat is mostly based on violence and gore. I got easily bored of MKDA. On the arcade, what i liked most of all was Conquest Mode, letting you make a character and raise him to become the perfect fighter (as a CPU). The attacks are more smooth than tekken, there's no waiting between each attack. The quickest thinker will be the winner.

JackShit is probably a spambot
Old Aug 24th, 2003, 12:20 AM       
well if your only experiance with SC or SC2 is the SC2 demo then what the fuck do you expect? they arn't gonna let you in on every aspect of the game till you play the full version. I know i liked the first soul calibur because of the mission mode.... that was fucking great... if soul calibur 2 is half as good i'll be pretty happy.