Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 03:02 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
I've always been curious about how much it costs a theater to get old film reels to screen. You know, say an independent theater wants to screen Big Trouble in Little China for a midnight movie... how much does it cost them to get that film reel and screen it to the public for one night? Anybody know?
What happens is you make a deal with the film company. Like say a brand new movie can only be played in a certain radius. So multiple movie theaters make a bid on the movie along the lines of (I'll give you all the ticket sales for the first 3 weeks and then 75 percent ticket sales for the next 2) and another theater might even give them all the ticket sale for all 5 weeks just so that they have the movie. Cause yes, the only money a movie theaters makes is really of of the concession stands. I know, I was deep in the business.

For an old movie? I suppose they would offer like 25 percent ticket sales or something. One one hand there wouldn't be a bidding war for the movie, but on the other hand there might only be a few prints and they ship it all over the county.