Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2004, 11:49 PM        Is Bush really going to try to ban gay marriage?
I personally don't think so. I came upon this revelation when I remembered one of my religion classes in High School before and after the gay marriage announcement. Before, the teachers, and many Christians in general (if they weren't already tainted by Busheyes) thought very little of the man due to the fact that he went to war as a first response, not a last, as Christians like to preach as right. However, after he made the gay marriage statement, thery were back on his side and completely forgot about the unjust war.

Now, some people may argue that he was going to announce it anyway, but I don't think so. Any politician will tell you that an ammendment such as one that he proposed is unconstitutional and will be shot down by the supreme court immediately. It would be wasted effort. And Bush may not be considered the brightest, but I think that is an unfair assumption. Bush isn't stupid. He is a very crafty, sly dishonest person. It is just that the facade of stupidity keeps him from having to be responsible and be chastised for his boldface lies.

What do you guys think? This is just my theory, btw. There is no actual documented evidence to support my claim, just like there was no (reliable) documented evidence that has supported anything involved in Bush's four hell-filled years of office.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 25th, 2004, 02:45 AM       
Bush knows it will never pass. Even his vice president is agaisnt it

its just for votes
Crying Baby Jesus is probably a spambot
Old Sep 25th, 2004, 02:50 AM       
he should get drunk and sing ist raining men!
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Sep 25th, 2004, 11:18 AM       
The fact that the national government is using the amendment system to take away civil and states rights is ironic. The reason that the Constitution even had the original "Bill Of Rights" is because the individual states were afraid of a big federal government that would take away their civil and states rights and would not ratify it in it's original form. Now, it's gotten to the point where they're using that same amendment process to slowly chip away at those same civil and states rights. It doesn't matter what issue it is, as soon as the government gets their foot in the door by taking over rights/laws initially allotted to the states, it's bad news.

Wherever you go, there you are.