Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 27th, 2004, 04:01 PM        NOOSE FOUND TIGHTENING IN WRONG COUNTRY!!!
Bin Laden 'alive and in Pakistan'

(CNN) -- Intelligence indicates Osama bin Laden is alive, Pakistan's president says, and the top U.S. military official in Afghanistan believes the al Qaeda leader is probably in Pakistan.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Sep 27th, 2004, 04:11 PM       
The ketchup lady implied that he was already locked down and that they were going to "capture" him just prior to the election.

Wherever you go, there you are.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Sep 27th, 2004, 04:15 PM       
Bin Whatnow? I'm sorry, it doesn't ring a bell. Was he involved in Saddam Hussein's 9/11 attack?
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Sep 27th, 2004, 04:16 PM       

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Mocker

Old Sep 27th, 2004, 04:30 PM       
:baglady

conus is probably a spambot
Old Sep 27th, 2004, 04:38 PM       
=======

Old Sep 27th, 2004, 04:47 PM       
WHY IS HE ALWAYS SO ORANGE?!?!

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Mocker

Old Sep 27th, 2004, 05:08 PM       

GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Sep 27th, 2004, 10:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preechr
Would you rather elect a corpse or a jack-o-lantern?
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women

Old Sep 27th, 2004, 11:07 PM       
Quote:
It's becase he's French.
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Sep 27th, 2004, 11:22 PM       
Is there really any "French look"?
=======

Old Sep 28th, 2004, 09:50 AM       
Matt Drudge follows me around the internet.

I'm sure of it...

Old Sep 28th, 2004, 10:38 AM       
"The ketchup lady implied that he was already locked down and that they were going to "capture" him just prior to the election."

Go read Christopher Hitchins latest flip out at slate. He seems to think that
A.) Such a thing is absolutely beyond the possible behaviors of this administration.
B.) It would require active collusion between Bin Laden and th Bush camp (though he in no way suppports this contention)
C.) This statement is such a beyond awful thing to say (as opposed to saying we'd be attacked by terrorists if Kerry wins or that Al Quaeda actively wants Kerry to win) that the Deomcratic party and Kerry himself should repudiate the statement.

If this former lefty drifts right any faster he'll blow Dennis Miller's doors off and go straight past Hitler to Ming the Merciless.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 11:19 AM       
The wierd part is, I've been saying it since last summer.

We got the bastard, the troops there are just gutting the rest of his organization. Team Bush is just going to unviel him in another 2 weeks or so to put the nail in Kerry's coffin.
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 11:30 AM       
See, that's what I'm saying about Hitch having gone off the deep end. I personally don't think we do have Bin Laden, but it's hardly what you'd call unthinkable, and it in no way requires collusion with him.

I wasn't a Hitchens fan when he was a lefty, he had the same self agrandizing style, but it was rar that he seemed so... out of his mind back then.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 12:49 PM       
Maybe I'm being naive, but I just don't believe they could keep a thing like Bin Laden's capture from immediately leaking. At the very least, I think there'd be big coverage of serious rumors while the administration downplays it as false.
=======

Old Sep 28th, 2004, 01:24 PM       
CAN A MOD PLEASE DELETE MY ABOVE POST SINCE I CANNOT DO IT MYSELF AND THAT PIC CAME OUT WAY BIGGER THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD AND IT'S SCREWING UP THE THREAD AND IT JUST WASN'T THAT FUNNY ANYWAYS THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!

=======

Old Sep 28th, 2004, 01:39 PM       
WELL CRAP I THOUGHT I COULD FIX IT MYSELF BY DELETING IT FROM MY SITE BUT THAT DIDN'T SEEM TO WORK.

Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 02:44 PM       
Replace the file with a smaller image, maybe.
=======

Old Sep 28th, 2004, 02:54 PM       
BRILLIANT!!!

Mocker

Old Sep 28th, 2004, 04:30 PM       
Afghanistan has seemed to have been conveniently pushed to the back of the papers. As a matter of fact, we really aren't getting the in-depth "embedded" news in Iraq so much lately, either. I mean, unless you really take it upon yourself to look and, quite frankly, sometimes I'm lazy.

Old Sep 28th, 2004, 04:34 PM       
Yeah, you really have to search for Iraq news. American deaths are rarely given much front-page coverage.
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

Old Sep 29th, 2004, 08:02 AM       
Who says that they actually have to have him captured to be able to produce him in a matter of weeks?
I mean, I know I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but haven't any of you played the latest Splinter Cell game?
Okay, okay, I know it's only a video game, but it's a very realistic video game that deals with the kinds of operations and issues going on in the world today.
The part that I'm at (which reminds me, I haven't picked up the damn thing since mid-July) details an operation involving a terrorist camp completley surrounded by our troops. The main antagnost (who's sort of a Guevera-type, god I wish I could come up with a photography joke at this hour) walks calmly and coolly around his encampment. He doesn't hide his head, and he doesn't take any extraneous personal security efforts.
Why?
Because he knows the troops have orders not to kill him. He knows that he's far more valuable to the US alive, and that making him a martyr makes him thousands of times more dangerous than a living man. "Bullets can't find me." is the direct quote.
Who's to say that we don't have bin Laden cornered in a cave?
I'd be willing to bet money that we've got him and a bunch of his goons surrounded, 100% blocked off without any way to escape. The troops have orders to sit on the camp. They don't know who's inside, they just know they're not supposed to let anyone come out.
Osama himself? Probably knows that he's surrounded. Very likely scared completely out of his wits that he's going to catch a bullet, so even though he knows we're surrounding him, he's not going to push his head up long enough to try and make an escape attempt.
Someone's biding their time and waiting to capture him.

However, the significance of his capture can be weighed in either direction.

Let's say they do snag him before the election. Kerry could jump into a press conference and say "Hey, wait. Mission accomplished. So who needs this fuckbag signing another Patriot Act?"
As long as he's still at large, Bush can still make the point that we've got work to do.
I don't expect a bearded Afghani to be pulled out of a hole in the desert before November, but it's certainly possible, and I don't think anyone can really hazard a guess as to how the American public would react.

The right wing will blow their horns, celebrate, and Cheney will have a massive coronoary.
The thing is, at this point, we're not looking for the most dangerous man in the world. Al Qaeda isn't even the biggest terrorist threat anymore.
Remember how worn-out and pathetic Saddam looked when we pulled him out of his hole? I'm expecting Osama to be in worse condition. And the Bush camp will still have a massive turgid penis to swing around.
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

Old Sep 29th, 2004, 08:08 AM       
Wow, I butchered the word antagonist.