Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 11:07 PM        I HAVE A CONSPIRACY!!!

http://www.velvetrope.com/ubbthreads...e=0#Post901409

Here is my first conspiracy theory of 2007. Dick Clark is actually dead. That's right, he passed on shortly after accepting his lifetime achievement award at the AMA's this year. I think his whole appearance on this year's New Year's Eve telecast was a staged event... and ABC pulled it off one of three ways:

1) The Osama Bin Laden technique- You know how everytime Osama releases a new video through Al-Jazeera... the CIA spends hours analyzing the tape to see if it is authentic?? They have often tried to use the theory that Bin Laden tapes those things months in advance, and AL-Qaida releases them top the public when they want to give the US a good scare. I think Dick Clark taped all of his studio stuff around Labor Day... and wasn't even in New York for the show tonight.

2) The Weekend At Bernie's Approach- Dick Clark may have very well died after LAST year's Rockin' New Year's Eve.... and through the use of pulleys and marionette strings, they have achieved the "still alive and hosting" look. Why else would they put him in a TV studio and not out in Times Square onstage??? Because they don't want us to see Jonathan Silverman propping him up off camera...

3) The CGI approach- With all of the modern advances in film, I'm not convinced that it wasn't a computer generated version of Dick Clark that we saw tonight. I mean, Ang Lee produced a lifelike Hulk in his film adaptation a few years back. We also had a CGI Scooby-Doo in those movies with Srah Michelle Gellar. Why not pay someone to give Dick the same treatment??

No disrespect meant to Dick Clark.. who is a legend. But it's just really uncomfortable to watch
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 11:19 PM       
Stop it.

You're scaring me.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!