Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

KidneyStone is probably a spambot
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 09:35 PM        Can the war on terror be won?
This is an article i submitted to my school news paper.

The war on terror cannot be won the way it is currently being fought. United States, Australia, Britain, Poland,Japan, and Italy just some of the allies in the war on terror are all focusing their strengths on fighting the the terrorists in the terrorist organizations. The terrorist themselves are not the most threatening factor in the war on terror, it is the ideas supported by the terrorist that possess the most danger. These ideas give the terrorists reasons to believe that it is right for them to kill various groups of people in the name of there cause whether it be land or religion. These ideas are even more dangerous when terrorist organizations use death and the belief of martydom as a recruiting technique for there organizations, by making the death of one of their own to be a glorious thing in which posters of him or her are put up to recruit more to their cause. If killing the terrorist in the organizations doesn't stop terrorist beliefs and makes more people answer the call of the the terrorist propaganda then fighting the terrorists with out fighting the ideas is adding fuel to the fire.One example of how the allies in the war on terror can help stop the spread of the ideas and ultimately terrorism itself is by preventing situations such as the Chechen terrorists from selling video tapes of their terrorist acts to the public for entertainment, this spreads their ideas,funds their attacks, and needs to be stopped.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 10:02 PM       
I hope you edited it first.

Old Nov 4th, 2004, 10:10 PM       
they have editors.....
I know it is messed up but grammar isn't what i want you to reply to.
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 10:14 PM       
To steal a Terry Jones joke, you can not win a war on a proper noun.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 10:19 PM       
I don't think stopping video tape circulation will end the war on terror.

Old Nov 4th, 2004, 10:25 PM       
that was just an example of how they are spreading ideas....

Old Nov 4th, 2004, 10:31 PM       
spreding of the ideas needs to be stopped not only video tape circulation.

Mr. Oysterhead is probably a spambot
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 10:33 PM       
You think crazies can't come up with ideas without help?
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 10:34 PM       
I understand what he is saying, albeit a little incoherently. You cannot fight an ideology, because ideas always suvive the people that carry them. Look at racism here in our own country. If we go out and shoot all the members of the KKK today, that would not end the KKK, because the children have had the ideology put into them. What do you do then? Kill the children? Even if they ARE racist, that is still disgusting. We didn't even kill the Hitler Youth back in WWII, and yet we are killing people who just don't like us, even children. Ours as well as theirs.

If you want to argue for the war, now is your chance. Tell me how this war is justified, how Bush did the right thing going after a country that posed no threat, and that he will keep his promises. Ideas live long after the holders of them die. Religious ideals last even longer. Let's just hope this doesn't go nuclear on our asses.

Old Nov 4th, 2004, 10:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oysterhead
You think crazies can't come up with ideas without help?
not as many people would have that same idea or take action on it without propaganda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Goat
If you want to argue for the war, now is your chance. Tell me how this war is justified, how Bush did the right thing going after a country that posed no threat, and that he will keep his promises. Ideas live long after the holders of them die. Religious ideals last even longer. Let's just hope this doesn't go nuclear on our asses.
I think that the war on terror is the right ,but i don't think that the way it was gone about was right that is why i wrote about how i think it needs to be fought.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 10:53 PM       
Stupid. You don't kill the idea. You kill the reason for thinking that it's a good one.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 10:56 PM       
Exactly my point. That is why this is not the right war. We need to form alliances, not drive everyone away with our "AWESOME SUPERIORITY". What we are doing is wrong, and Bush has no idea how to make it right.