Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 09:32 AM        Yasser Arafat: Am I Dead?
So apparantly he is seriously ill and may not have long to live. I've heard he's in a coma or clinicaly dead, and I've also heard he is perfectly fine. Whatever the situation is, it's clear his days are numbered.

He is disliked by many Palestinians for his role as a collaborator with the US and the Israeli state, and many blame him for not having stood up firmly enough to the continuing Israeli onslaught. But he is also seen as the embodiment of the Palestinian people's struggle for national liberation, and he gets mad respect and the like.

Arafat, however, has not prepared his own succession. Fatah’s various components have always been kept together by the figure of Arafat. The old guard within Fatah, people such as former and current Prime Ministers and the heads of the various security agencies, are not likely to form any viable collective leadership. There might be an internal power struggle of some sort - who knows. What will happen is the weakening of Fatah.

In the short term Hamas is going to be the winner in this process. It is going to play even more of a central role in the leadership of the Palestinian nationalist movement than it has done up till now. I would say Hamas is preparing to at least fill part of the gap that will be left by the departure of Arafat.

However, its gains will not last for ever. By being forced to play more of a central role, Hamas will also have to show what policies it stands for. Not only the fundamentalist line, but also as a reactionary force and a collaborator to imperialism. The limited narrow, nationalist outlook of Hamas will be exposed. This will give the genuine revolutionaries among the Palestinian population new opportunities to emerge and spread the ideas of the class struggle as opposed to ethnic conflict.

It will be like in Iran. The Islamic fundamentalists hijacked the revolution and then formed a new regime. Once in power the fundamentalists clamped down on the working class. Now the Iranian workers and youth are beginning to mobilise and this time it is against the fundamentalists. The same will happen among the Palestinians.
imported_I, fuzzbot. is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 12:02 PM       
Your Source: Yossi Schwartz]

I agree that he did not work hard enough for Palestine. He did not work with other Middle Eastern leaders. They have done nothing but stand by him and donate hundreds of million dinars for Palestine's reconstruction and to this day they don't know where this money went.

Apparently his brother, Fathi Arafat, has a huge castle in Switzerland. Too bad his health's shit too, he has terminal cancer and is being treated in Egypt.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 03:37 AM       
"He is disliked by many Palestinians for his role as a collaborator with the US and the Israeli state, "

Funny, I thought he was disliked because he was a dictator who appropriated all their money, and negotiated under a false pretense that delivered neither land nor peace. There's plenty of real reasons to dislike him, one which is that he's Egyptian, not Palestinian.

He comes from Nazi Party lineage. His entire political career is an extension of the Muslim Brotherhood. These are the very same roots that Hamas, and the other PLO linked activist groups derive from... Arafat IS the Popular Liberation Front/Palestinian Liberation Organization.

Good riddens. Now let's hope the PA can have free elections, and a return of assets to their people.

P.S. it's AIDS according to wild rumors.