Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 01:34 AM        The Savage Nation
As I was driving across scenic central Missouri, I happened upon a station that was carrying Michael Savage's "show," for want of a better term. Now, I was well aware this guy was a first-class douchebag from the thirty seconds or so that I saw him on TV, but after about an hour of his radio broadcast, I'm honestly mystified: Can any of you who are more familiar with him please explain to me how this twit got on the radio at all, let alone ob a syndicated program?
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 01:39 AM       
He appeals to the same majority of racist morons who voted Bush into office.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 02:46 AM       
The same way Howard Stern got famous. By saying really outrageous shit that offends some tp no end.

And like Stern, a good chunk of his audience only listens so they can be disgusted even more.
Will chop you good.
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 09:40 AM       
Well, but at least Stern is funny. And who doesn't like naked lesbians?

FS is probably a spambot
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 09:47 AM       
demure sodomites?
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 11:16 AM       
Neo cons and fundies....which brings up another question. Is it normal for a heterosexual male to be utterly repulsed by a naked female form like the fundies are?
Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 11:36 AM       
Savage is no wore than Franken or Michael Moore and I don't hear you complaining about them....
Will chop you good.
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 11:51 AM       
Savage is far worse than Michael Moore and Al Franken put together, Raygun. It's not even debatable. I've listened to all of them. Savage calls for the deportation of the ACLU, for example. He honestly believes they should be kicked out of the country. As much as Moore and Franken both dislike the Bush administration, I've never heard them call for the deportation of the Republican National Committee, or Bush campaign workers. Savage is a racist, a homophobe, and, worst of all, a fascist.

They may as well feed a pit bull crystal meth and put him on the mic.
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 12:07 PM       
Hey Sspad, get Salon's Day Pass and read this. It pretty much explains Savage's bizarre background.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 01:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salon.com
Weiner[Savage] was also something of a dreamer, and he hoped to follow in the footsteps of his hero, the naturalist Charles Darwin.
This man is a fucking paradox.
Mocker
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 02:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspadowsky
Well, but at least Stern is funny.
Not that funny. I grew tired of his stuff a while ago. There are people who are doing it better than him.

Quote:
And who doesn't like naked lesbians?
A fuck load of good it does me on the radio.
Will chop you good.
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 02:38 PM       
Blanco, perhaps TV has just killed your imagination? Remember, soap operas and dramas got their start on radio. Until naked lesbians are likewise introduced to daytime TV, Stern is all we've got. MY GOD, MAN! HE'S ALL WE'VE GOT! :shock
Mocker
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 05:27 PM       
Dude, you never got to hear Opie and Anthony. They weren't revolutionary, but their stuff wasn't stale, unlike Stern.

In fact, they made the jump to satellite radio already.

Naked lesbians on the radio are useless to me. I have a ton of them on video on my hard drive.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 06:19 PM       
Savage was a nutritionist, go figure.

I don't know Spads, you seem to have a real pickem and choosem sense of humor. I find Savage incredibly funny...sometimes intentionally, often unintentionally. Deporting the ACLU is a JOKE dunderhead. Maybe it's a joke you don't like, or don't find funny, beause you know there's some truth behind his sentiments...but isn't that why most politcal humor is so biting and poiignant. So Savage is an idiot... the appeal is that he says the kind of stuff a lot of people believe, and then he takes it one notch extrememer so that you can feel better about yourself for feeling that way. "Wow, yeah I hate the ACLU, but I don't think they should catch HIV, this guys a nut! I'm not that bad, I just hate the ACLU!"
Will chop you good.
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 06:48 PM       
"Pickem and choosem," eh? I'd say that lumps me in with about, oh... I dunno, 6 billion other people, give or take. I find some things funny; others, not so much so. Kinda like... you. And everybody else.

However, I'll indulge your irrepressible urge to be a contrary prick for no particular reason, and clarify: First, I find Savage to be funny. He's a scream. Probably not in the way he intends, as you said, but he is indeed funny. More importantly, unless you were listening to his show yesterday, you didn't hear what I heard, and when he talked about deporting the ACLU, he was 100% dead serious. Or at least he purported to be on the air. Had he followed with, "I'M SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF MY FUCKING LUNGS BECAUSE I'M JOKING!" then, well, I might have given a chuckle, and said, "Mike, you wacky yuckster." But if there's some subtle turn of phrase or whatever, that only a joyful, laugh-a-minute character such as yourself would have noticed, it didn't come across as humor.

I say, wind him up and watch him go. He'll eventually go further and further out into space, until even hardcore Art Bell fans think he's a weirdo, and then he'll go off the air. I just wonder how someone with such drunken redneck barfly rhetoric got on the air in the first place.

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Nov 10th, 2004, 11:33 AM       
When you hear The Savage Nation on the radio, you are hearing freedom. Pure, unadulterated freedom, friends. That man is the 21st-Century version of Paul Revere.

(And before the troglodytes start screaming that I'm serious, I am joking)