Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 10:24 PM        New TMNT vs. Old School TMNT
In case you all have been living under a rock for the past few months, the Fox network has started a new TMNT series on Saturday mornings. When I heard this, I jumped for joy. Finally, I could see my favorite mutant reptiles battle the evil Foot clan once more with April by their side. Sadly, this is not the case. Instead of battling the Foot, they now fight a clan called the "Purple Dragons", and April, who of course is SUPPOSED to be a reporter, starts out as a girl that was fired from a science lab that worked for Shred-Head. Oh, and by the way, they BARELY EVER MENTION PIZZA!!! I know they tried to make the characters more bad-ass in this series, but come on. It's entertaining, but it's not the TMNT i remember so fondly.

Grazzt is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 10:33 PM       
I love the old series except for the cowabunga and insane pizza cravings. Those parts were so fucking unfaithful to the comic it's not funny. I like how the Foot or whatever they're calling them now aren't robots, that part also sucked.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old May 1st, 2003, 01:45 AM       
Well, as much as I do enjoy the older ones, as I did grow up with them, at least the newer cartoon is more true to the old comic.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old May 1st, 2003, 11:14 PM       
Do they still have the collections of the older stuff still in release?
Asspunch McGruf
Old May 2nd, 2003, 07:06 PM       
Unfortunately, they're hard to find, but they do still have all the videos from the old cartoons floating around. I'd even be compelled to sell them but they are old, they have been watched several times and aren't really high quality anymore.

But yes, they still have 'em. I've got a few of the rarer ones (the ones you had to get directly from Pizza Hut) and they still work reasonably well.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old May 2nd, 2003, 07:31 PM       
I've seen the new one, but I don't really like it that much. The theme song is terrible, and the show gets boring after 10 minutes of watching it. I liked the old ones better. The new one is like the old TMNT combined with any other kid show on Fox...

Grazzt is probably a spambot
Old May 2nd, 2003, 08:37 PM       
Yes, the theme song is probably the worst ever... Try downloading episodes off a file sharing service, if you have a high speed connection.

Professor Cool is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2003, 01:07 PM       
Did anyone get the the 4 tapes at Burger King, i got all 4, but lost one of them.

As for turtles, the old cartoons were good, pizza time or not, the comics were beyond great, and the action figures were awesome. The new turtles are okay but compared to to the past stuff, it's not amazing.

Oh how I hate the new theme song.
Mocker
Mike is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 11:52 AM       
Old school TMNT was so awesome but this new stuff just doesn't cut it. I think giving TMNT to the new generation of kids is great, since kids are getting cheated out of the really cool stuff nowadays. I think they should show reruns rather than try to make new ones.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 01:50 PM       
i dont want to watch teh new one cuz the theme song is so terrible. if they kept or changed the old one then id be werth a haf an hour of my time. hey anybody remember the movies where they go to china and places like that. yup those were the days...
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 04:35 PM       
You don't watch it because of the theme song? That is retarted, you should watch cartoons for the plot.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 06:10 PM       
you watch tmnt for the fricken plot...

SLjimbo is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 06:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Cool
Did anyone get the the 4 tapes at Burger King, i got all 4, but lost one of them.

As for turtles, the old cartoons were good, pizza time or not, the comics were beyond great, and the action figures were awesome. The new turtles are okay but compared to to the past stuff, it's not amazing.

Oh how I hate the new theme song.
I remember getting one of the BK tapes, it's the episode where the museum guard believes Michelangelo is a leperchaun.

The new TMNT show is not going to reach the countless numbers of old TMNT episodes. However, at least the new TMNT is way much better than the short-lived live action TMNT show on FOX.
Space Viking Repo Man
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 12:07 AM       
Shit, I nearly forgot about the live-action series. Now I can go back to forgetting.
Mocker
The Retro Kat is probably a spambot
Old Jul 13th, 2003, 12:32 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazzt
I love the old series except for the cowabunga and insane pizza cravings. Those parts were so fucking unfaithful to the comic it's not funny. I like how the Foot or whatever they're calling them now aren't robots, that part also sucked.
Nothing's really faithful to the comic, even the way they were drawn. The comic made them look fucked up and scary.
Gas and masturbation are highly unlikely to be connected with each other. Have you tried to stop masturbating? Has the gas subsided as a result? Perhaps you could try the same experiment by increasing the times you masturbate daily. Do you notice that the gas is increasing?
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Jul 13th, 2003, 09:30 PM       
I have "Leonardo Lightens Up" "Michealangelo Meets Bugman" and "Heroes In A Half-Shell"

Should I sell them on E-Bay? :/

Gåte is probably a spambot
Old Jul 20th, 2003, 10:54 PM       
Even though I miss some characters like Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady etc. I really like the new TMNT, much better then I expected

Location: I AM NOTHING BUT A PROGRAM...I MUST CONTACT MY USER!
-Gor is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 09:01 AM       
The New TMNT are designed by some of the creators of HEAVY METAL.The old ones could drown the new in pizza puke
hdofu is probably a spambot
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 09:05 AM       
You can still find the original cartoons in video stores (in the childrens section if they havent updated lately) and in the front of some grocery stores
Space Viking Repo Man
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 12:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gåte
Even though I miss some characters like Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady etc. I really like the new TMNT, much better then I expected
They don't have Krang or any of the original bad guys? What the hell do they do then? Pretend they're teenagers like that godawful X-Men: Evolution bullshit?
Asspunch McGruf
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 07:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gor
The New TMNT are designed by some of the creators of HEAVY METAL.The old ones could drown the new in pizza puke
Interesting sidenote: Kevin Eastman, cocreator of the original TMNT, not only is responsible for Heavy Metal 2000, but is also married to the chick they modeled the main character of HM2K after.

Ain't that about a bitch?
Space Viking Repo Man
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 07:13 PM       
Not really, Julie Strain is beautiful only if you squint.

NIGhtMAre is probably a spambot
Old Aug 21st, 2003, 05:44 PM       
normal Tmnt is way better. I cant even watch fox any more all tat anime shit like ultimate muscle or whatever.
BaronVonBoner is probably a spambot
Old Aug 21st, 2003, 07:55 PM       
I think I used to have ultimate muscle toys.
zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old Aug 30th, 2003, 11:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
Old school TMNT was so awesome but this new stuff just doesn't cut it. I think giving TMNT to the new generation of kids is great, since kids are getting cheated out of the really cool stuff nowadays. I think they should show reruns rather than try to make new ones.
No fucking way dude. :P I had two of those tapes. Lost one. Actually, I think my mom sold it at a yard sale. *shakes fist* The one I have is with the snow in the museum. I watched it a couple of weeks ago, and wondered why I loved TMNT so much. :/