Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 01:42 PM        Stealing jokes?
Jay Leno, the Italian-Scottish American host of the "Tonight Show" and NBC Studios have sued editor Judy Brown and her publishers in U.S. District Court, claiming that her published collection of joke books have made profits of the backs of hard working stand up comics illegally.

Leno, who was raised in Massachusetts, and comics Rita Rudner, Jimmy Brogan, Diane Nichols, Sue Pascoe, wife of the late comedian Ronnie Shakes are all seeking unspecified damages and a permanent injunction against Brown's whopping 19 compilation books, jokes by comedians including Joan Rivers and Jerry Seinfeld, according to the lawsuit. They claim intellectual property theft on a mass scale.

"Her books credit the comedians who wrote the jokes, which only serves to make the copyright violations more egregious: The books sell precisely because they include jokes by famous comedians," the lawsuit states, reports CNN.

"Ms. Brown has even sent representatives to comedy clubs to record comedians' routines, so she can then copy the jokes into her books and profit from the original comedic works of others," according to the lawsuit.

Andrews McMeel Publishing, one of the publishers named in the lawsuit, declined to comment to CNN.

The lawsuit, filed Wednesday of last week, says the plaintiffs contacted Brown and Andrews McMeel Publishing in the summer to halt publication of any past and future "infringing works."

"We never heard back from her," said Theodore Boutrous Jr., attorney for the plaintiffs. Reported CNN.

I'm sure everyone has stolen my material on this site
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 02:12 PM       
I heard that Dane Cook also steals other comedians material.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 03:12 PM       
I don't know, I'm inclined to believe there's not really too much "original" material out there in the first place -- especially when it comes to gay fartinmowler jokes. You see people using the same jokes over and over anyway. In this case it's kind of fucked up I mean making it obvious that you're purposely stealing it is slightly arrogant. Just because there's not "original material" doesn't mean you should mercilessly steal other people's shit.
I think it's different if you come to someone's joke/intellectual material through your own means.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 03:32 PM       
I agree you can be the funniest comedian and still not pull off my jokes.

I would think it would be frustrating to see someone like Dane Cook or a crappy celebrity like Dustin Diamond using someones material only for the fact they don't deserve or lack the balls to ask permission.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 03:35 PM       
Quote:
Unfortunately, he wasn't able to steal their ability to make anything funny.
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 07:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo Electrolux
That Ive heard but he denies that hes heard their stuff.
ˇOlé!
xbxDaniel is probably a spambot
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 08:31 PM       
Well no shit.
Ass Happy
Yggdrasill sucks
Old Dec 11th, 2006, 09:01 PM       
He must of read all those comedy books zelda. If he can read.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 08:32 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspadowsky
Quote:
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks he's a hack
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 08:44 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo Electrolux
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspadowsky
Quote:
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks he's a hack
Same here. I've never understood why people think he's so funny.

Also, I don't understand why the article had to point out the fact that Leno is Italian-Scottish. What point does that serve in the article?
I b Willies Cookie Tester
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 09:05 AM       
Allright, so aparently this was supposed to be a political statement about people stealing other peoples ideas, which is quite the norm. But yet I noticed while everyone bitched about comedians who seem to do this quite frequently, everyone failed to mention the movie 'the aristrocats' , which was based on the same joke, but told and added on too a little by the next comedian, yet only to be the dirtiest joke in history, and fuckin surprise, bob saget is the one that makes it the dirtiest... Interesting how shiesty people can be .. ??
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 09:15 AM       
Lenor, I've tits read your post four tits times, and I still tits can't make sense tits of it.
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 09:16 AM       
ok.. thanx ... now stop lookin at my boobs .. awesome!
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 09:18 AM       
Lenor rhymes with whore too, I know what James is doing right now
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 09:21 AM       
awesome.. now go bitch to someone who actually has that name.. SUPER!
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 09:30 AM       
are you going to keep doing that? :/
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 09:36 AM       
I do have a goal, its to try and help this board not be so damn lame, and the same idiocicrency's (sp) .. tend to piss people off so they actually might come back with something more interesting then 'ohh look that grl has boobs, wow, lets make fun of the grl with boobs' I left Highschool along time ago.. its not really that funny! It never really was, and get over it!

SO with all that.. if you people would come up with something more interesting then I wouldnt be persistant in attempting to annoy the fuck outta u!

allright? SUPER!
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 09:56 AM       
Super awesome boobies :/
Stone Pants Rabbit
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 10:01 AM       
Did Lenore have boobs before? I can't remember...
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 11:17 AM       
OMG ... AMBER GREW UP!! WOW!!!!
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 11:56 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenor
Allright, so aparently this was supposed to be a political statement about people stealing other peoples ideas, which is quite the norm. But yet I noticed while everyone bitched about comedians who seem to do this quite frequently, everyone failed to mention the movie 'the aristrocats' , which was based on the same joke, but told and added on too a little by the next comedian, yet only to be the dirtiest joke in history, and fuckin surprise, bob saget is the one that makes it the dirtiest... Interesting how shiesty people can be .. ??

Gay movie.

Oh wait, you were talking about the joke. It's not really a joke... it's more of a game between comedians that's been going since vaudeville. It's not stealing in any sense, and it's certainly not sheisty.
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 12:05 PM       
In what way did I imply that the joke was shiesty? And ha your funny on that disney movie, old..

No what I was attempting to get across is that its a common thing for comedians to run off of each others jokes, as it was well shown in the movie.

But maybe I might not have to repeat myself, If one day people relized that communication can cause problems between people that dont live in the same area, especially being when im from NY.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 12:14 PM       
Quote:
In what way did I imply that the joke was shiesty?
Quote:
but told and added on too a little by the next comedian, yet only to be the dirtiest joke in history, and fuckin surprise, bob saget is the one that makes it the dirtiest... Interesting how shiesty people can be .. ??
Oh gee, I fucking wonder.

Quote:
No what I was attempting to get across is that its a common thing for comedians to run off of each others jokes, as it was well shown in the movie.

But maybe I might not have to repeat myself, If one day people relized that communication can cause problems between people that dont live in the same area, especially being when im from NY.
I didn't realize that New Yorkees spoke in a blathering and incomprehensible fashion.
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 12:19 PM       
actually yeah.. sorry.. ever heard someone from brooklyn? damn you cant understand shit that they say! sure, I could do the grammar and the spelling shit right, but I have college for all that bullshit. With 18 page papers on human behavioral or my thoughts and reflections on some journalist I have to study, who usually died along time ago and obviously isnt doing anything for me, but helping me relize how in all actuality, diversity is the best thing!

And besides that, sorry but your just not that important enough for me to spend that much attention on .. and i just dont GIVE A FUCK! .. k ? did ya understand that?
Ancient Mariner
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 12:23 PM       
She's a tactical mastermind.