Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2005, 04:34 PM        I feel like such a pimp now (not a loveline thread).
According to a max calculator on bodybuilding.com, I have a 300 lb squat (225 for 10, and that wasn't even to failure). Yay!

Edit: You moved it anyway. You bastards.
noob 4eva
maggiekarp is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2005, 07:12 PM       
Do your muscles keep you warm at night and tell you how much they love you
adept_ninja is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2005, 07:18 PM       
what kind of squat? For box thats not that great but for par. squat thats aight.
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2005, 07:38 PM       
The fact that you're using an internet calculator to measure your physical strength is enough proof for me that your real name is Alf and you beat off to Sailor Moon.

Squating is for retards. So is maxing out. So is bodybuilding.com.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 03:49 PM       
I caught you a delicious creampie for your efforts.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 04:24 PM       
maxing isnt bad as long as you pyrimid up first. Doing your max first is pointless and max calculators' are worthless.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 04:38 PM       
Quote:
According to a max calculator on bodybuilding.com, I have a 300 lb squat (225 for 10, and that wasn't even to failure). Yay!
still a twat though, eh.
Aneurysm is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 05:20 PM       
It'll sure come in handy when you have to take a dump in a public toilet.
Archduke Tips is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 06:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm
It'll sure come in handy when you have to take a dump in a public toilet.
At first I read it as, "I'll sure come in handy when you have to take a dump in a public toilet." And I just thought, "Dude that's awesome."

Blaber66 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 08:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBubba
The fact that you're using an internet calculator to measure your physical strength is enough proof for me that your real name is Alf and you beat off to Sailor Moon.

Squating is for retards. So is maxing out. So is bodybuilding.com.
He does that to Invader Zim/Captain Planet crossovers, not Sailor Moon.
Mocker
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 09:47 PM       
Quote:
Squating is for retards.
Squats are some of the best core exercises ever.

Quote:
So is maxing out.
Many programs use % of 1RM to describe how much weight to lift in set.

Quote:
So is bodybuilding.com.
Certainly proved useful to me.

As for the type of squat, it's a box squat to the parallel. What the hell is the point of the box if not to force yourself to get low?
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 10:21 PM       
I'm going to eStrangle you to death
xXxASPERGERSxXx
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 11:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only...
Squats are some of the best core exercises ever.
Squats can do serious long term damage to skeletal structure and pose serious risk of severe tendon damage. There are safer excersises just as effective and far less blatently homo-erotic.

Quote:
Many programs use % of 1RM to describe how much weight to lift in set.
Fuck programs. Save that shit for CPSC 110 motherfucker. Maxing out is another aspect of bodybuilding reserved for insecure homosexualites who post about weightlifiting online.

Quote:
Certainly proved useful to me.
Based on what? How long have you been lifting weights? Is there any proof that their methods and nutritional suggestions have done anything for you? Do you know any gains you've made aren't due to the mere fact you're in perhaps your first year of serious muscular training of all the muscle groups? Have you tried anything different for a period of months?

Websites and magazines like bodybuilding.com (which is affiliated with about 1,000 supplement organizations) exist to perpetuate the myth that bodybuilding is a sport of gods that requires intense dedication in order to make people believe they need supplements. Try finding a scientist around who will back up "CREO-X PROTEIN NO2 POWDER MIX" SCIENTIST X's claims that you need to consume, well, what is it now? 1.5g of protein per lb of bodywieght? Yea you keep on truckin budy.
Archduke Tips is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 11:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidKraut
I'm going to eStrangle you to death
I hope the robot police take you to space prison.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 12:04 AM       
least I'll get to go to space :D
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 02:43 AM       
Well, I'm all for anything that causes your blood to boil until your head explodes.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT

Dragoon is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 12:53 PM       
My internet buff > your internet buff.
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 02:20 PM       
What is the point of just the Box? Well it works the quads and the calfs if you do them properly.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 03:03 PM       
i can squat more than you and i don't ever work out...and i'm fat. BITCH
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 04:03 PM       
His quads are abnormally and freakishly large and make his overall muscle distribution look stupid ... most analagous to Popye ... I seent it on the internets.

Wherever you go, there you are.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 04:46 PM       
Seriously, guys. Why are we talking fitness?

Oh, and OAO, quit bragging. Really.
Mocker
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 04:56 PM       
Quote:
Squats can do serious long term damage to skeletal structure and pose serious risk of severe tendon damage. There are safer excersises just as effective and far less blatently homo-erotic.
Are you smoking crack? Maybe I'll give you that front squats or deadlifts are potentially less dangerous than standard on-the-back squats, but in the vast majority of cases, damage results from improper form. And squats as a whole are very effective and difficult to substitute - it's works so many muscle areas in the movement.

Quote:
Fuck programs. Save that shit for CPSC 110 motherfucker. Maxing out is another aspect of bodybuilding reserved for insecure homosexualites who post about weightlifiting online.
That doesn't even make sense. Periodization of lifting programs and consistency within the period are practically necessities for today's pro athletes. That's why they are so much stronger and faster than they used to be.

Quote:
How long have you been lifting weights?
Around 8 months now, I think.

Quote:
Is there any proof that their methods and nutritional suggestions have done anything for you?
Well, I did gain a lot of muscle and strength.

Quote:
Do you know any gains you've made aren't due to the mere fact you're in perhaps your first year of serious muscular training of all the muscle groups?
Calisthenics didn't work well for me.

Quote:
Have you tried anything different for a period of months?
I'm lifting on my school's program now, which combines explosive plyo sets with heavy sets. At first I didn't like it because the volume was very high and I never finished the workout, but now it's growing on me since we dropped volume while upping the intensity. My only real complaint with it is exercise variation; I wish we would do more direct ham, arm, and middle back work. Of course, I never get to my supersets at the end, which are supposed to work these areas...

Quote:
Websites and magazines like bodybuilding.com (which is affiliated with about 1,000 supplement organizations) exist to perpetuate the myth that bodybuilding is a sport of gods that requires intense dedication in order to make people believe they need supplements. Try finding a scientist around who will back up "CREO-X PROTEIN NO2 POWDER MIX" SCIENTIST X's claims that you need to consume, well, what is it now? 1.5g of protein per lb of bodywieght? Yea you keep on truckin budy.
That's simply not true. While bodybuilding.com certainly does have sponsors and sells products, many of it's articles are of decent quality. More importantly, the best source of info is from other bodybuilders themselves - which is why I used the site's forum and discovered Westside for Skinny Bastards.

There's no doubt that you can make gains without supplementation. All I use are a few sparing protein shakes and vitamins. However, from the vast majority of bodybuilders I've interacted with online, I have found that in their experience they made greater gains on certain programs, certain diets, and certain supps.
xXxASPERGERSxXx
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 05:17 PM       
Listen to me. Listen hard.

You have been working out seriously for maybe 8 months.

Nothing you have done or heard or gained means anything right now. Its gonna take you maybe a year or two to figure that out if you keep on excersising that far into the future. You like math right? Think good and hard about how many thousands of variables factor into biological muscular growth. Weightlifting takes periods of YEARS to see growth after your first 6 months or so. Putting that together one cannot logically attribute any particular dietary plan or excersise routine to one's growth unless you've been doing tjhe same one for about the entire span of how long you've been working out.

And mark my words. Supplementation is largely unnessecary for most people with a regular diet plan consisting of a good amount of fiber, omega fatty acids and protein. No supplement will help you in the long run and none of them are worth the exorbitant prices they charge for them. You do not need anything more than probably .8g of protein per lb of bodyweight. Most people can get that without some foul shake that cost 4 dollars.

Just working out for a long time on a split routine program changing your routine roughly every 2.5 months or so and eating well is enough.
Aneurysm is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 06:07 PM       
Only idiots care about athletics this much. Why waste your time building your muscles up and competing and looking like a fag when you could be getting a fucking job?
xXxASPERGERSxXx
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 06:43 PM       
You're right. My eyes have been opened.

I now see that having a fit and muscular body does in fact make me appear as a fag. I am shamed to belong to that shameful demographic.

I must be an idiot. Only idiots get Bs in Topology in their sophomore year of college. I have no concept of logic or reason and will probably fail out of high school after I've graduated college.

Sadly I have to say I am falling behind in the job area with a measly 2 jobs. I could be doing so much more work.

From now on I wont waste about 2 hours a week being healthy. I'm going to go out and write letters to my congressman about outlawing faggots from the the local swimmin hole and get me a respectable job down at the mine where I can bring home an honest wage to my fat disgusting whale of a wife. But at least she doesn't waste time excersising.