Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Nov 29th, 2006, 02:50 PM        Place your bets: Bush to declare martial law in '07?
Bush signed military commission act, democrats are about to assume role in house and senate in 2007, investigations on wmd lies, nsa spying, cia secret camps, 9/11 pre-warnings, gitmo abuses, halliburton are suggested, media outlets starting to use the term "civil war", impatience grows on the wars, global warmings, etc, etc.

Why not? Plus I know who would love to see this happen...*cough*cheney*cough*

Remember, Hitler declared dictatorship after he was denied majority by the germans.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Nov 29th, 2006, 03:01 PM       
Wanna put real cash down on it?
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Nov 29th, 2006, 03:13 PM       
If you're going to get all creepy, don't forget the Shadow Government, which sounds all sci fi, but is a matter of public record. It was created shortly after 9/11 on a rotating six month schedule, and there was never any announcement they stopped doing it. Wonder how much that puppy is costing the tax payer?

But no, I don't think W. will do any such thing. Germany was a country in collapse with the potential to support fascism. I don't think we are either. Plus, to pull off something like that, you need many powerful friends, and W has fewer friends every day.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Nov 29th, 2006, 03:13 PM       
"2007 is the year conspiracy theorist everywhere will be finally vindicated!!!!! The illuminaty freemason Heebs will be exposed! Big Brother world destruction anarchy is near!!!" is Geggy speak for "have a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year. Seasons Greetings".
Old Nov 29th, 2006, 03:19 PM       
THIS is what you bother to show up for? What, did some other shooting fish in a barell convention get cancelled?
BobDole is probably a spambot
Old Nov 29th, 2006, 03:27 PM       
I have a hard time believing that Bush will attempt to declare martial law, as doing so would completely and utterly destroy any confidence anyone may have in him anymore, if anyone still does have any such confidence in him anymore. I'll freely admit that, when he first took office, I was dumb enough to trust him to possibly do a good job. As his term(s) have gone on, however, it's become painfully obvious that he's far to inept to due even a mediocore job.

That being said, I still doubt he'd shoot himself and his party that badly in the foot. As if the Republican party needs any more problems/pitfalls in regaining some form of power in the government....
say what now?
Old Nov 29th, 2006, 03:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
If you're going to get all creepy, don't forget the Shadow Government, which sounds all sci fi, but is a matter of public record. It was created shortly after 9/11 on a rotating six month schedule, and there was never any announcement they stopped doing it. Wonder how much that puppy is costing the tax payer?
:ahem The 300-page patriot act was introduced to congress by none other than john ashcroft within a week of the 9/11 attack.
Mocker
Old Nov 29th, 2006, 03:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore
?
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Nov 29th, 2006, 03:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
:ahem The 300-page patriot act was introduced to congress by none other than john ashcroft within a week of the 9/11 attack.
Actually, it was well over a onth and the Attorney General doesn't introduce bills beofre congress, spambot.

And I'm with Kevin, can we get some money down on this?
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Nov 29th, 2006, 03:47 PM       
So what Geggy is saying is that Bush is insane and will declare Martial law like some kind of Action movie Villian? Well, just hope that the lower half of the United States doesn't flood when he attempts that.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Nov 29th, 2006, 03:49 PM       
He'll just keep ignoring your question until he HAS to confront it, at which point he'll just spout nonsense and shove it aside.

Remember when he was asked as to why the Bush government didn't just hire Iraqi hijackers? Classic.
Mocker
Old Nov 29th, 2006, 03:55 PM       
Its sad. He used to hang in there and try and debate. He'd cut-n-paste furiously to answer us.

then, he would cut-n-paste articles and stories that had nothing to do with the topic. Hell, once i na while, they actually proved the point of whoever was arguing with him.

Now, he just posts an article with no opinion of his own and refuses to follow up. Its like he turned into a spambot.

Geggy, just admit it. you don't actually believe this crap. You are just a sad, little, lonely man who needs to feel a part of something and this little cult makes you feel special.
say what now?
Old Nov 30th, 2006, 08:47 AM       
What makes you think I want to debate with someone who defends a nazi affilitate and smear JFK/RFK, both whom had potentionals to be great presidents?

It is a fact that in the past 6 years starting with patriot act which was already planned before 9/11, bush has signed numorous laws that gives him unprecedented powers to declare martial laws in an emergency situations such as a '92 L.A. riot-type scenrio, terrorist attack, unruly anti-war protests, hurricane or anything of that nature. After recently implementing the john warner defense authorization act of 2007 along witht he military commissions act, he is only a signature away from trashing both the insurrection acts and the posse comitous acts that would allow him to declare martial laws in certain sections of the US and give him control of the national guards and the military enforcement. That means anyone who deemed an enemy combatant to bush administration, they have the power to throw those who refuse to lick their boots in halliburton detention camps. The immigration/terrorism emergency is a ploy, and the fictional foiling of terrorist plots is not only the reason of political expendiency, but a reason to implement police state in preparation for "emergency crisis". When the shit gets thick for the bush admin, I believe they won't go down without a fight.
Mocker
Old Nov 30th, 2006, 09:19 AM       
I'm willing to wager money that it isn't all about expendiency.
Old Nov 30th, 2006, 10:17 AM       
Go back to your original bet, about marshall law. I'm pretty sure you can't prove intentions.

And Geggy is an alarmist, but that doesn't make him wrong about everything. The W has assembled a pretty scary arsenal of powers. I think howvere, his feasible window of pulling off something really ugly with any hope of success at all passed with the mid terms.

If you want to get paranoid, look further ahead to whomever the big monied interests who backed Bush chose as their official hood ornament for the next presidential. That president will inherit all the powrs W amased for the office.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 30th, 2006, 11:43 AM       
" halliburton detention camps"

You are right Max. He doesn't speak fiction.
Mocker
Old Nov 30th, 2006, 12:24 PM       
Quote:
What makes you think I want to debate
I never said you want to debate. You just like to rant and rave and show how inside you are with your special information. If yoo try debating, people just see how full of crap you are.

Quote:
with someone who defends a nazi affilitate
When did I ever do that?

Quote:
and smear JFK/RFK, both whom had potentionals to be great presidents?
You know shit about the Kennedys. Want be to tell you about their scumbag father? Or how they started this unofficial war we've had with Castro?
[/quote]
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Dec 1st, 2006, 06:47 PM       
Quote:
Quote:
?
what kinda odds are you offering me? Cause i don't really think it will happen but if my odds are good it's worth a fin over paypal.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 2nd, 2006, 01:49 AM       
it's all true, geggy. the government WILL declare martial law in order to protect themselves and keep certain information from coming to light. if anybody knew that there is actually a 32nd flavor, the results would be CATASTROPHIC.