Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 9th, 2006, 02:52 AM        JUST DESERTS! for rapists
The just deserts come in about halfway through the first story. I'm going to post two because the first one has literary timing whereas the second one ecompasses a sociological point that is fairly obvious and I have tried to stress many times.

Also how the hell do you confuse an 11 year old with a 19 year old.

Man charged in rape of girl, 11, expresses regret
He says she looked '19 or 20,' and several other adults were present
By DERRICK NUNNALLY

The oldest man charged with participating in the gang rape of an 11-year-old girl last week said Sunday night she was a stranger to him before the incident, "looked like she was 19 or 20" and was videotaped having sex with several people.

"She looked grown to me, man," said Freeman Gurley via telephone from the Milwaukee County Jail. He said he's sorry he got involved and didn't do anything to stop what was going on in his house.

Gurley, 40, faces a felony count of first-degree sexual assault of a minor and contacted the Journal Sentinel to describe the incident in detail. His identity was confirmed by an inmate known to a reporter, and Gurley gave details of the incident that have only been described in court records, including his date of birth.

He said that prosecutors' account of the assault in criminal charges filed last week is correct and that there were several other adults present during the rape. Officials have said as many as 19 might have participated. So far, one 18-year-old man, a 16-year-old girl and a 15-year-old boy have been charged, in addition to Gurley.
Arrived home around 9 p.m.

Gurley said he got home from his job as a butcher at about 9 p.m. Sept. 4, used some cocaine, put the rest of his chicken dinner in the refrigerator and began drinking Milwaukee's Best beer. He went to a locked bedroom in his house in the 3700 block of N. 6th St. where he heard "moaning" from inside and eventually was let into the room, where he saw "12, 13 or 14" other men and teens present. He said the girl was freely having sex with several men during the hour he was present, but another man in the room had told her not to have sex with Gurley. She eventually acquiesced, he said, at someone else's urging. The criminal complaint says that person was the 15-year-old boy who is charged.

"I thought she was a boy's girlfriend," he said.

He said that he never spoke with the girl and that he didn't think about using a condom. The police officer who arrested Gurley broke the news that the girl was 11, and he later learned the girl had been born with HIV. (JUST DESERTS)

Gurley said he has resigned himself to believing he now has HIV and that he's sorry about participating - and allowing the incident to go on - now that he knows her age.

"That's terrible, man," he said.

According to court records, the girl told police she went to Gurley's house to visit the 16-year-old girl now charged in the case. That older girl suggested the victim perform sex acts with several boys in the house, the victim told police, and she did so, sometimes with more than one person at a time. Some records suggest the older girl directed the victim; the 16-year-old denied such a role.

Police looking for the 11-year-old, who had been reported missing Labor Day, found her at the home Tuesday and learned of the assaults.

Is HIV a dehibiliting disease that would cause developmental problems? Because to me it seems as though it would, though I suppose it could depend on the actual developmental history of the person such as what other types of sicknesses she was exposed to, and that it would make an 11 year old look starkly different than a mostly developed adult woman...
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 9th, 2006, 02:54 AM       
This second post just stresses that fucked up people have fucked up children who do fucked up things. I really think the 16 year old should be charged worse than she is but whatever :O also look how easily the 11 year old girl was take advatage of if she didn't have such a shitty father/childhood she may have had enough self-esteem to blow it off but i won't speculate that far. Still it's obvious she had some issues from having a shitty childhood.
Mostly though I liked the account of the other involved juveniles' histories because when you read this story you just can't help but think, "How fucked up are these people?"

11-year-old victim of gang rape had suffered earlier sex assault

By Mary Zahn

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

(MCT)

MILWAUKEE, Wis. - Sad and scared.

Those were the words an 11-year-old girl used five years ago in describing how she felt about being sexually assaulted by a relative.

One can only imagine her feelings now, after she was sexually victimized by up to 19 men on Labor Day in a north side Milwaukee house.

Court records portray a motherless girl who longed for a mostly absent father and who tried to do the right thing even when it hurt.

Her mother died of AIDS, leaving her 18-month-old daughter infected with HIV, records state.

The "secrecy and shame" issues associated with such a diagnosis are confusing and complicated for a child, prosecutors wrote in 2002, in an attempt to explain the girl's feelings at that time.

The reports note that the girl has lived with her grandmother most of her life. After the earlier sexual assault, which took place during a family visit, the girl feared she would not see her father again if she told of the abuse because the abuser lived in her father's household, records state.

"Her contradictory need to tell trusted persons and to seek protection from the accused juvenile makes sense," an assistant district attorney wrote to explain the girl's angst and stress.

She persevered with her grandmother by her side and testified against the 14-year-old boy, who was convicted of first-degree sexual assault and sentenced to one-year of probation and intensive treatment. The girl's father, records state, aligned himself with the boy and did not believe his daughter.

In the latest assault, the girl told police that she had a crush on a 16-year old girl and went over to her house to visit on Monday. The older girl then directed her to have sex with three teens and a 40-year old man. When the 11-year-old later went to the basement, she told police, she was confronted by up to 15 other boys and men and performed various sex acts with them.

Police looking for the 11-year-old, who had been reported missing, found her at the home Tuesday and learned of the assaults.

The 16-year-old girl has been charged with party to the crime of four counts of first-degree sexual assault. Her mother was a cocaine addict, had mental health issues, served time in prison and is now deceased, records show.

A 15-year-old boy has been charged with two counts of party to the crime of first-degree sexual assault. Records show he was placed on one year of probation in October 2004 for possession of cocaine. In August he was placed on one year of probation for auto theft and possession of marijuana.

His mother, records show, is a long-time drug addict who has served time in prison. A relative who became his guardian said that in the past the boy was "living on the street and moving from home to home."

On Friday, two adults were also charged with participating in Monday's attacks.

Freeman C. Gurley, 40, and Darnell M. Chaney, 18, each face counts of first-degree sexual assault of a child and up to 60 years in prison if convicted.

According to a criminal complaint, the victim told police she went to Gurley's house Monday to visit a 16-year-old girl, who said the younger girl should perform various sex acts with several young males who were there. The 11-year-old agreed to do so, according to the complaint. As that was going on, Gurley came home from work about 9 p.m., and the victim was persuaded to have sex with him, according to the complaint.

According to the complaint, the girl told police two people held her legs as Gurley engaged in intercourse, and at the same time, Chaney had the girl perform oral sex. Chaney told police he had been outside with his girlfriend when he heard that a girl inside the house was "flippin'" or performing sex acts, so he went inside.

In a news release, District Attorney E. Michael McCann said his office will prosecute as many adults and juveniles as the evidence allows. He called the role of Gurley "particularly reprehensible" and noted that an 11-year-old cannot give "legal consent for the atrocious sexual conduct alleged in this matter."

Police continue to seek the identities of other participants, many of whom were known by nicknames. Ald. Michael McGee called their behavior "animalistic" and announced a $2,000 reward for information leading to more arrests and convictions in the case.

Meanwhile, health officials also got involved because of the possible widespread transmission of the HIV virus.

"This assault was a horrific event, and we have horrific concerns," said Bevan Baker, Milwaukee's Health Commissioner. "However, a sexual assault of this nature is exceptionally unlikely to cause an outbreak in Milwaukee."

Baker said that the health department routinely recommends HIV testing for anyone having sexual contact with a HIV-positive individual and for those who have engaged in other high risk activities.

The agency is currently working with the DA's office regarding HIV testing of the assailants, he said.

Testing for other sexually transmitted diseases, such as chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis is also likely, Baker said.

According to CDC's Youth Risk Behavioral Survey, many young people begin having sexual intercourse at early ages: 47 percent of high school students have had sexual intercourse, and 7.4 percent of them reported first sexual intercourse before age 13.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Dec 9th, 2006, 03:14 AM       
I didn't really read it (yet), but HIV isn't a debilitating disease. It isn't a disease at all, it's just a virus. AIDS is the disease to which HIV culminates, but even AIDS has few (and mostly innocuous) symptoms. It's mainly an issue that once you have AIDS, you WILL get a fatal bout of pneumonia or some other infection. The point where AIDS has a real effect on you is at the point where you're months within death; HIV lingers in the body for several years before then. So no, it doesn't have any real effect on development under normal circumstances.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
BANNED

Old Dec 9th, 2006, 03:21 AM       
oops! I meant virus but you know what i mean. but thanks for the answer. "Human immunodeficiency Virus". I was just curious because I thought it would cause developmental problems and make her look even younger (or at least smaller).
So is HIV completely subtle and just allows for getting AIDS? I thought it actually made your immune system weak and could allow you to catch other diseases/viruses, or is that solely the work of AIDS? I know aids does that too and that's primarily how you die, I just never understood the whole HIV thing. You don't really have to answer if you don't want to maybe I'll take a cursory glance at wikipedia or something.
Wikipedia didn't really help me understand HIV other than reminding me that HIV is often contested because it is misunderstood. Seems so strange to me. Is AIDS actually the culmination of HIV or are they technically two seperate things that coincidently help eachother out. What a weird disease/virus combo. I wonder if there is alot of other disease/virus combos such as that.

lol also have you ever heard of the SUPER AIDS CHILDREN who were born with aids and gained the super power of immunity to all diseases? That's actually a story I've heard before put forward with a certain amount of sincerity.
From the same sincerity I heard that aids/hiv is a creation of the american government designed combining the virii/diseases from cows, chickens and pigs and that some guy brought this before a un health board or something. lol. He also said that cancer could evolve and become contagous (the guy who took it before the un is different than the other guy).
derrida is probably a spambot
Old Dec 9th, 2006, 05:21 PM       
AIDS is the condition (medically defined in terms of t-cell counts) of a highly suppressed immune system that occurs during advanced HIV infection. (HIV replicates by getting engulfed by white cells (t-cells) then (like most virii) using an enzyme to transcribescribe it's own RNA into DNA, which is then used by the cell to create multiple new copies of the virus, which eventually become so numerous that the cell bursts)

AIDS isn't by definition caused by HIV, just by an extremely low t-cell count. Non-HIV AIDS cases are extremely rare to nonexistant, however.
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Dec 9th, 2006, 11:05 PM       
this, like the duckbilled platypus, is proof that God has a sick and hilarious sense of humour. or at least ironic justice.
BANNED

Old Dec 10th, 2006, 12:58 AM       
not to be a jerk about what happened to the little girl but I wish stuff like this would happen more often.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 10th, 2006, 02:01 AM       
Why so HIV can continue being spread?
BANNED

Old Dec 10th, 2006, 03:17 AM       
so rapists will get HIV.
most of them are in jail.
Old Dec 10th, 2006, 10:54 AM       
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the odds are that the guy didn't contract HIV. One of the other, unnamed (and presumably uncaught) rapists probably did, though. Even given a high viral load it's still well under 1 in 10 unless he's uncircumsized and has open sores, which will bump the risk up to about half.
BANNED

Old Dec 10th, 2006, 01:29 PM       
living in fear of having HIV or aids is enough. Regretting decisions you've made is pretty good too (maybe im the only one who wants criminals to regret decisions they made though and consider the consequences). Chances are he probably does have open sores if he's a coke head. Usually that kind of stuff ends up drying out your penis but maybe that's just me. SCABBY PENIS SYNDROME.
Can't HIV also remain dormant and undetectable for like 10 years sometimes? My bubble is really not all too bursted

Unnamed and uncaught rapists are more likely to get HIV than named, caught rapists. In the future if I'm worrying about HIV I'll have to remember to confess my sins and give my name to everyone. Dude you should totally bring these findings before the american health institute or something, you could be help anonymous potential victims worldwide.
Old Dec 10th, 2006, 04:23 PM       
no ducko, i was saying that at least one of the 15 or so total rapists contracted the shit

...youre just taking the piss, arent you?
BANNED

Old Dec 10th, 2006, 04:41 PM       
The phrase "No ducko" is awesome :O

if taking the piss means joking/fucking around, then yes.

Doesn't mean i wasn't partially serious though just so you know.