Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 31st, 2007, 12:22 PM        Ron Paul
The internet and my mommy loves him, and from the videos I've seen he seems like a bit of a doddering old man with some cuh-raaazy ideas, but at least he did have the cajones to stand up against the rest of his party at their debate and tell them that the U.S. was largely to blame for creating the hostilities that led to the 9/11 attacks, and to tell a reporter afterwards that he was running away from Bush as quickly as possible. He was also the only republican senator to consistently vote against the war in Iraq and supports an immediate withdrawal.

He wants to cut out most government departments, including the departments of education, homeland security, and to a lesser extent Unicef. He wants to eliminate the income tax and reduce government spending back to year 2000 levels or before, and feels that the U.S. shouldn't have an international priorities before domestic priorities. He's pro-life but thinks that it should be a state's right to decide whether abortion is an illegal practice.

Idealogically - for the most part - I agree with him, but I don't understand how the country could operate without our government organizations, and I don't understand how the government gets enough funding to exist without income tax. That's about all I know, I'm hoping some of you could better explain him to me (and others).