Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 6th, 2003, 03:48 AM        X-Men 2 names on computer
Taken from darkhorizons.com

Meanwhile, many have been wondering what were the mutant names seen on Stryker's database list in a brief scene in "X2", well here's the list for hardcore fans - Keniucho Harada (Silver Samurai), Garrison Kane (Kane), Remy LeBeau (Gambit), Eric Lensherr (Magneto), Artie Maddicks, Jamie Madrox (Multiple Man), Xi'an Coy Mahn (Karma), Pietro Maximoff (Quicksilver), Kevin McTaggart, Danielle Moonstar (Mirage), Ororo Munroe (Storm), Paige Guthrie (Husk), Samuel Guthrie (Cannonball). Thanks to 'The Outback Pirate'

---
The scene wasn't long enough for me to look for any names besides gambit and magneto's, but I know I would've recognized a few of those. Oh, and for those who didn't know, Kevin McTaggart is Proteus and I don't know why they didn't include that.

That was very funny. Well done.

FS is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2003, 05:51 AM       
I've only seen small appearances of the Silver Samurai in the comics, but is he even a mutant?
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 6th, 2003, 06:54 AM       
The Silver Samurai

Real Name: Ishiro Tagara. Or maybe it's Kenuichio Harada; hard to tell when someone's had a lot of aliases!

AKA: Spider-Man calls him "Sammy." Isn't that sweet?

First Appearance: DareDevil 111

What's His Problem? The cousin of Japan's champion Sun-fire, the half-brother of Wolverine's long-time fiancee Mariko, and the current leader of Clan Yashida, Tagara resented never being acknowledged as clan heir by his father. In a bid for his father's attention and respect he became a modern-day samurai-for-hire, eventually becoming affiliated with various terrorist organizations like the Red Army and HYDRA. Although he's settled down somewhat since becoming clan leader, the Silver Samurai is oath and honor bound to the nihilist Viper, and therefore likely to go off on a terrorist spree with her at any given minute.

Powers: Tagara is a mutant capable of generating an energy field composed of tachyon particles. He uses his katana as a focusing point for this energy. Charging the blade permits the katana to slice through any substance short of adamantium. Presumably he can generate the field without using the sword, but he seems disinclined to try that little trick. Oh, and he has a teleportation ring he often shares with Viper that he ... well, he got it from John Belushi during a live broadcast of Saturday Night Live, okay? (And it wasn't even Assistant Editors' month!)

Favorite Quote: "You will not find me lacking in courage, gaijin." (To Wolverine in Uncanny X-Men 173. They didn't have a lot to say to each other after that!)

Heroes He Keeps Running Into: His original DareDevil outing introduced the Silver Samurai to the Black Widow; his later confrontations with S.H.I.E.L.D. made her a recurring foe. For a while, it seemed as if Spider-Man couldn't interrupt a mugging without tripping over the Samurai's energized blade. In recent years, however, Tagara's association with Clan Yashida have kept him tangled up in X-affairs, especially when Wolverine's around. The New Mutants weren't crazy about the guy, either, although since their evolution into X-Force they've managed to avoid any confrontations with the Samurai.

People Who Don't Think He's So Bad: Although he started his villainous career as a Mandrill flunky, the Silver Samurai hasn't seen his simian-featured boss in many a year. As leader of the Japanese cadre of the radical Red Army, Tagara has repeatedly worked with HYDRA and other world-wide terrorist organizations. Ishiro is fiercely devoted to Viper, one-time leader of New York's HYDRA base, now a free-lance anarchist determined to bring about world annihilation. Viper, who is otherwise about as self-centered as they get, will take on pet projects of the Samurai's, as she did when they worked to prevent the wedding of Mariko and Wolverine. Mariko Yashida often stepped between him and Wolverine, even at the risk of her own life, eventually earning a sort of begudging respect from her half-brother. The death of Mariko means that the loyalty of Clan Yashida now belongs to the Silver Samurai.

Most Despicable Act: As a terrorist and anarchist, the Silver Samarai is inclined toward violence on a global scale. He was instrumental in the nearly-successful assassination of the United States President and the assembled Congress (Marvel Team Up 82-85). One of his least honorable moments, however, was trying to behead an unconscious Spider-Man (Marvel Team Up 57). Luckily the Black Widow happened to be cruising by in the Champions' air car!
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2003, 02:26 PM       
Jamesman... are you taking that out of a book, or is it a website? Either way, tell me your sources. I've been looking for something like that.
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 6th, 2003, 03:52 PM       
It was off a geocities site. Not much on there as far as database purposes. I, too, search for something that will give me extensive information on the Marvel worlds and characters. I don't have tens of thousands of dollars to buy all the old comics, and I don't wanna wait how-many years for new books to come out.

Anyway, more info about the computer in X2, from darkhorizons.com:

"Listed there are files for Project: Wideawake which is the Sentinel Program, a file on Omega Red - the Soviet's answer to Weapon X/Wolverine, the Muir Island mutant research facillity home of Proteus and his mother Moira, and lastly there is a file on Franklin Richards the son of Reed and Sue Richards of "The Fantastic Four" (which is also set up at Fox) who is acknowleged as one of the most powerful mutants in the Marvel Universe"

Location: one shot, right between the eyes, just for old times sake
Bennett is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2003, 04:40 PM       
When I used to read comic books they had an alphabetized appendix that I think was simply called: "Marvel Universe"
They were some of my favorite comics even though they were more of an encyclopedia than anything. I don't know if they still make something like this, or how hard the old ones would be to find.
They used to cost about $1.50 and they were three times the size of a normal comic... i guess it's been a while since I stopped buying.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 6th, 2003, 05:31 PM       
You forgot Jizzy Mcfanboy (the Pearlescent Puddle)
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2003, 05:49 PM       
I wasn't really wondering, but it is nice to know anyway.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 6th, 2003, 06:06 PM       
Chimp posted this is another thread and it's really good:

http://24.191.192.76:8000/a.html

Capn: Why did you reply just to say that?

That was very funny. Well done.