Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Rev. Danno is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2003, 07:50 PM       
So Kaj. you are only dealing with retarded women? Sober or not I think women could see right through you suave factor...
Unless the women you know are really stupid, or don't mind setteling for less...
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 7th, 2003, 07:51 PM       
Yea, that's why my advice when someone asks, "How do I approach this. Do I just go over there and say "Let's fuck" and take off my cloths or do I try to be all smooth about it and be a lady's man, show up with roses, pump up the Barry Manilow, and pull out the flavored body oil?" BE YOURSELF. What a good answer.

How do I drive a car? BE YOURSELF
How do I send e-mail? BE YOURSELF
What's your screen name? BE YOURSELF
Do you have a kitty? BE YOURSELF
Hey, if your mother was beating your child would you turn her in to the authorities? BE YOURSELF
My girlfriend has rabies BE YOURSELF

I find it especially ironic that the name of the thread is, "my life is so cliche", and every single person gave the most cliche answer ever, just because they have no way of getting laid.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 7th, 2003, 07:54 PM       
No rev, it's my good looks, and my natural charm. The suave factor is just an addition. Some people get "Nervous" even if they WANT to do something. Alcohol can solve that problem. He sounded kind of nervous about it.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2003, 08:44 PM       
I'm not telling him to be himself for his sake. If being himself prevents him from getting laid, that's the gene pool sorting itself out.

The world would be a lot better if the assholes in it would 'be themselves' from the beginning. I wouldn't be left to encounter the shattered husks of people they leave behind.
BANNED

Old Jul 7th, 2003, 09:20 PM       
Please, everybody projects a personality or something that, "Isn't themself". And who is anybody to decide who is who? Whoever a person portrays themself as is who they are. Perception majeption.
You preaching people to, "Fall inline" is something that prevents change. Growth is necessary. Discriminate personalities are bullshit. Pretentious bastard.
You are one to talk with your latest, "Hello Kitty thrill".
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jul 7th, 2003, 10:11 PM       
The name is Bond. James Bond.

Now fuck me.
BANNED

Old Jul 7th, 2003, 10:17 PM       
lol
Old Jul 7th, 2003, 10:43 PM       
There are some times being yourself isn't the best plan, for instance...
I-Mockery would be kinda dull if we all our normal selves, or didn't put up some sort of front...
But come on, in a relationship, or in times of intamacy it's best to be yourself. If your not mature enough to do that, you desirve to be alone, & should not have sex. In some instances being yourself doesn't help (AChimp), these people need to have more self confidince. Some people try too hard, & can't even make friends (James). These people need to get some off-line intrests outside of their normal social groups, & develope people skills.
If some poeple like acting like 15 year old Japanesse girls (Chojin), & are happy... More power to them. I just say, be yourself, be happy, & just don't hurt anyone along the way if you can help it...
PLUR!!! *snicker*
BANNED

Old Jul 7th, 2003, 10:55 PM       
Being yourself is a construct of ideas and thoughts you pick to make yourself feel happy, in most cases you pick them to get attention. "YOurself" is also a construct of your enviroment and thusly what others think of you. So why not just say you can be whatever the fuck you want to be, and if I want to be a fucking asshole who just wants to stick his dick in bitches and never romanticize, and the bitches just want the cock, it seems like a healthy relationship to me. Specially when it comes down to two people who want the same thing but are too shy to take care of it.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 12:07 AM       
Kahl is right. I've been hearing people going "I could change this or that negative thing about me, but then I wouldn't be me" which is total bulshit. If someone is asking advice towards getting laid, it's a pretty safe bet he's not getting any by "being himself" so he ought to alter himself to do so. People's personalities are dynamic. There's no set demeanor you're given when you roll your six 3D6s to which you are tied to until you die.

It may cost you some XP penalties, but you can change
Resident Chimp
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 12:17 AM       
Some aspects of your personality are genetic and can't be changed, but you can learn to live with it.

Or you can get a Cloak of Charisma +6.
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 12:18 AM       
I guess my problem is my alignment... Or My Class...
Damn it when's Rog gonna make the Geek Speak Board?
BANNED

Old Jul 8th, 2003, 01:40 AM       
For sure, people always walk around saying how people should change and the World should change and shit, and they are afraid of people developing their own set of individuality. yet at the same time they want to say, "I HATE RELIGIOUS ZEALOTS WHO HAVE NO SENSE OF INDIVIDUALITY", or, I HATE SCENES and shit. They can do that all they like, it's just hypocritical.
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 01:51 AM       
Dude, what the hell was that... I don't know if you realized it... People are starting to agree with you, no need to start posting crazy shit...
I think I'm gonna start looking for that train, you know the one that's gonna hit you...
Mnetion somthing about D&D or you will be shunned by nerds...
BANNED

Old Jul 8th, 2003, 03:35 AM       
I know, and I re-re-agreed. To explain further my explaination.

And people agree with me because I'm crazy man. Crazy, I'm just crazy man. you never know what im gonna do.. Im crazy.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 10:22 AM       
Lil' fella needs shape shifter capabilities ... turn into "The Fonz" ... and what's "The Fonz" like ... that's right! He's cool ... be cool.

Wherever you go, there you are.

Old Jul 8th, 2003, 10:35 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
Whoever a person portrays themself as is who they are. Perception majeption.
Not even. For an example, I watched my best friend at the time manipulate tons of women, calling each of them by the same pet name, "love," while saving any online conversations with them so he could laugh at them later. You could argue he was 'being himself,' but the notion that he was the sum of his portrayal is moronic.

My advice to Lobster would have been better summed up by "figure it out" than "be yourself," but the latter seemed more charitable. Anything that someone does, obviously, is 'being [themselves]'. By default, by definition.

I think HK is cute. I like pink. I dress in these things sometimes. I like being cute. I like the attention, for one thing. So am I being myself or not? By your definition, who can say?

And everyone is a hypocrite. EVERYONE.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 12:25 PM       
some people are hippopatamuses instead
Resident Chimp
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 03:49 PM       
Shit. Hippos only have a CHA of 6. That's a -3 penalty.
Mocker
Mike is probably a spambot
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 03:50 PM       
So, what happened to LobsterMagnet and that chick?
Resident Chimp
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 04:07 PM       
They're probably still having teh seX0rs!
BANNED

Old Jul 8th, 2003, 08:28 PM       
"You could argue he was 'being himself,' but the notion that he was the sum of his portrayal is moronic"

That point was so moot, to the person he was talking to he was "Being Himself". I would like you to define what it is the individual is defined by? Social Class? Karma? Astrology? Dick size?

"I like the attention, for one thing"
You are doing it for attention, and thus for other people. You say doing something to get laid is "not being yourself", and it's just the "Gene pool sorting itself out". Maybe your lack of attention is there for a reason, but instead of accepting it you get pink shoes. You don't like encountering the empty shells of people, what do you do when you see yourself in the mirror? Besides put your lip gloss on.
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 09:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp
Shit. Hippos only have a CHA of 6. That's a -3 penalty.
[geek speak]That's true, but considering that they have a STR of 22, and a reasonable DEX as well, rape would be farily easy.

If you want my advice, Polymorph Self into a handsome guy with a 12 inch long penis.[/geek speak]
Resident Chimp
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 10:17 PM       

Okay, anyways, I have to agree with Chojin. Lobster should just be himself. I mean, this is his GIRLFRIEND that we're talking about here, not someone that he needs to reel in. The girl has already been netted.

Any relationship where the two people can't like each other for who they are is flawed. I mean, there's always a little aspiring to be the ideal self, with a little bit of twisting the self-image, but a person's true self is what you have to live with everyday.

I personally wouldn't feel right about screwing anyone who I didn't like for who they were, and vice versa.

Old Jul 8th, 2003, 10:46 PM       
Quote:
You are doing it for attention, and thus for other people.
No, the attention aspect of it is something that results in gain for me. But every human action is self-serving.

Quote:
You say doing something to get laid is "not being yourself", and it's just the "Gene pool sorting itself out".
Eh-eh. I said that being an asshole (and not getting laid) would be the gene pool sorting itself out. Meaning that your natural charisma should decide whether or not you 'get laid' instead of a bunch of pretty words.

I don't even get where you're trying to go with this, though; I just told him to be comfortable around a girl that's already 'his' and practically said 'I AM GOING TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU TOMORROW OMG.' I didn't contest the size of your e-penis or anything.