Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 12:46 PM        I-Mockery's major site overhaul begins soon!!
Welp, I've been talking about moving to a new server for a long time, and now it's finally happening. I just signed up with a new host (ServInt, the same people who host Fark) and within a few months I-Mockery will be loading faster than you've ever seen. No longer will there be worries of getting 'farked', we'll have all the bandwidth we need and then some. It's absolutely going to rule.

I have another programmer on board (a friend of Zug's) and he's going to be helping out with getting ALL of I-Mockery converted from .asp to .php . Yes, that's right, almost every single page on I-Mockery has to be recoded... it's one hell of a project, but it will be worth it. Whoreable also has a lot of .php knowledge and he'll be helping out when and where he can too. AChimp is also around to help answer questions about php if needs be. So we've definitely got all grounds covered for this project.

I won't actually transfer the domain over to the new host until we have the new site up and completely functional. So don't expect any downtime for I-Mockery while we're working on this. The site will continue to be updated 'n all that good stuff.

One thing I'm hoping to do, since the entire site will now be coded in .php, is to have your accounts here on the message board be able to interact with other sections of the site too. But more on that later.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know because this is really exciting for me. The thought of not having to deal with the site getting slowed down to a crawl any time one of our big pieces is featured on a major news site is just awesome. Now the site will be able to continue to grow like I want it to.

This is gonna be a good year for I-Mock indeed.

-RoG-