Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 11:33 PM        Woot
Pretty much.

I've always believed that the more words you use to describe something the further away from the meaning you get. I think that's why I like cliche's. Short and to the point. For the most part.

Sir Douglas Chapwire is probably a spambot
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 12:19 AM       
Avoid cliches like the plague; they're old hat.
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 12:31 AM        YAY
Okay....I'm liking you more and more
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 12:38 AM       
"So you don't think any religious literature is literal (i.e. god is actually the big bang/whatever happened at the beginning and not a big black man with white puffy hair in the clouds) ?"

I want chapter and verse of any scriptue which proclaims God is the Big Bang, or even equates one with the other in the loosest terms.

Genesis 1:1 does, however, states, "In the begnning God created the Heavens and the Earth" which, literally, defines the parameters of creation:

A..) Time ("In the beginning. . .")
B..) Space (. . .the Heavens. . .")
C.)) Matter ("and the Earth")

But not the means of that production. Maybe I'm just an ignortant yokel, but never in my readings have I glimpsed anything which could possibly encompass the manner of creation, aside from He spoke it and it was. Bubba, not to be insulting, but you obviously have no idea what is in the Bible, and quite possible no other religious text out there. Until you get an adequate background for this discussion, why not simply drop it?
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 12:50 AM        Yikes
To be fair Ror, I think he is basing that on a very simplified version of what I have been saying. Though the comparison you made is pretty similar to mine. Again, just substituting one referrence for another.

It just goes past most people when I say that God / Universal Conciousness / The Great Spirit / Allah / I could go on....is just a cultural and linguistical difference. I end up having to let them argue the point with me saying the same thing 20 different ways until it makes sense. That would be some of my own irony.....I keep saying that the words cover the meaning, but I end up having to say the same thing 20 different ways until the meaning clicks for people.

I don't want people to accept my view.....the singularity concept....just accept that if we were all pointing at that special something and all yelling out our word(s) for it, would it really change what that something was? Or would we just keep arguing about who gets to name it?

I think the "and God said let there be light and there was" describes the same thing as the big bang theory.

Personally I see nothing wrong with religion as long as people hold onto the meaning. Ror, you and Italian are good people (at least from what I can tell) that too me is holding onto the meaning that all religions encompass. I respect your faith...even though I am sure that Italian doesn't see it that way and would often like to reach through the computer and throtle me. But the honest truth is that I think that if more people listened to the words, but kept the meaning in their heart then the world would be a better place.
Like I said, it was the Christian faith that was the missing piece for me. I used to be so adamantly against it that I would hear none of it. But when I stopped being a pagan twit I learned a lot. And the puzzle really started to take shape for me. I know it probably means very little, but though I don't accept the wording, I do accept the meaning. Simply because I believe that the meaning of God or which ever name you want to give it (not a derogatory term) is what is important.
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 12:52 AM       
i.e. god is actually the big bang/whatever happened at the beginning and not a big black man with white puffy hair in the clouds) ?

Besides. It wasn't MY idea Ror. It was Vibes. Can you read? I don't even agree with Vibe as of yet. I'm merely trying to find out what she is trying to explain to me. Jesus you're eager to insult me. Be patient, the time will come shortly I'm sure, but it makes you look like a moron when you jump at me at innapropriate times.

Ok. Anyway. So No religious literature is literal. Would it all simplify to simply "something started everything" or is it any more complex than that in your opinion?
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 12:58 AM       
No I can't. My posts are the miraculous result of hitting random keys.

Now lets test your reading comprehension skills. By asserting WHATEVER ELSE HAPPENED you are, by ommission, admitting you have no fucking clue. I.E. you are not well versed on this subject, otherwise, you would be able to add a rebuttal against her statements. And before you say something else predictably lame, like you didn't want to take the time, didn't have the interest what have you, don't bother, noone cares.

People like you really make me reconsider my stand on the ban issue. Maybe proof of a high school diploma should be a prerequisite to posting at the Mock. . .
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 01:01 AM       
"I also dispute your contention that few people believe in a 6000 year old earth that was once covered by floodwater"

Six thousand is certainly unrealistic, I'm pretty sure that some of the history of mankind(not necessarily recorded, but by artifacts and paintings and crap like that) dates around then. Plus wasn't the egyptian crap around that time?
However, the idea of the earth being completely submerged in water near the begining isnt at all intolerable, imagine gravity playing a slight effect on the surfaces of water with dirt sand and other matter that has collected at the top of the water. Dead corpses and such as well. Crap that gets scraped off the bottom of the sea and gradually builds up.

God slowly creating the heavens and earth isnt so impossible either, after the big bang shit didnt come together. It took a while for the heavens and earth to become heavens and earth, they didnt just miraculously pop out of the spigam splosion as the universe all structured(antropy I believe it's called).
To sum it up into the form of a great man's poetic(almost prose) philisophical fantastic words:

"transcedent echoes, reflecting each and own.
the paradox of so called war
wretched and worn, the wicked battles before
Frustration marks dawns daily stride
the perilous times above; the earth and the moon true celestial foes
begining of an unspoken wrath, borne of century ravaged empties
marked begining, ends, dust and eclipse
times began to ache, when the dust began to speak and gather
Erupted in this streaming vacuo of gold and silver
Interaction became the remedies to disease
Empty spaces were more deliberate then
seemed to tell the tale of betrayal
we named it change, discarded for a mirror and a vase
the energy, lustful and unified; tasteful agony
as the weak gravitated in the wake of ancients
now this light and dark we came to know
the gods afore-everything else was to remain in cruel shadow
negated sanctity for spites upon the soul
they were caged in a sea of worry
a new entity had appeared among the stars
accumulation became the insidious plot of the unified
assimilation from the mist, into the sea of wholes
the darkened battlefields lie above, where torn and ravaged scars remain
earth is the victor, in this cruel sport of souls"
xXxASPERGERSxXx
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 01:01 AM       
I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT SHE IS TRYING TO TELL ME. I AM EXPLAINING MY INTERPRETATION OF HER WORDS. I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT IF MY INTERPRETATION IS WRONG. I HAVE NOT STATED MY OPINION IN THE LAST FEW POSTS EXCEPT WITH REGARD TO YOUR INCOMPETENCE IN READING MY POSTS. KINDLY ALLOW OUR CONVERSATION TO CONTINUE OR MAKE AN ATTEMPT TO ADD RELEAVANT INFORMATION.
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 01:02 AM        Ack
Please go back and read my post I edited it during your last couple.....bad vibe....no biscuit
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 01:03 AM       
Hey, I don't have a highschool Diploma
xXxASPERGERSxXx
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 01:06 AM       
Thx for clearing that up. If all religion is just a cultural and figurative way of explaining creation then sure, I get it.

What I'm more looking to figure out is those that adamently believe that its litterally true.

BTW I still think its hilarious how every single comment by Ror has been based completely on scathing misenterpretations of not only my own statements, but, such as in the latest case, misenterpretations of conversations. You're trying too hard sweetie. Calm down and wait for the right moment.
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 01:07 AM        LMAO
Kahl...you spew such beautiful peacful Buddhist ideas with such vehemence I often have to laugh.......you are also a big part of my irony-to-learning cycle.
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 01:10 AM        HA
Those are the ones who have gotten caught up in the words but in many cases have lost the meaning.
My goal is to get people back to the point where the meaning is what is important.
BANNED

Old Aug 16th, 2003, 01:11 AM       
I like to cuss alot when I try to sound smart, it throws people off because I replace words like Joyful, serene, serendipity and all those smart words I like to use with masticate and fuck.
That fucking wedding had lots of fucking cake I had to masticate myself because the fuckers wouldn't fucking give me anymore cake. But what I really mean is, that was such a wonderful wedding, it had lots of deliscious cake, I had to watch my apetite because there wasn't too much cake (those cocksucking bastard motherfuckers with not getting enough cake)
BANNED

Old Aug 16th, 2003, 01:16 AM       
I think every culture kind of had a little strife. You see, in order to learn and grow, there's always little fights(they are key pro quo existence insert other per se quoting latin words to sound smart ad hhominem. Basically confliction and interaction is necessity to any form of existence, see, for example, quantam mechanics). So every Culture might have had three different dickheads with somewhat similar or even completely different ideas on creation, and a few things could have happened: People could have accepted the happier more joyful one that brings their hearts peace, or the more powerful that allows them to feel like super beings. The king could've decreed, or the others lost faith or just fell to the victor in some other manner. So basically, all the bullshit going on now a-days with the arguments and the not knowing what's going on is just a result of the "Melting Pot" scenario and communication on the rise. We should find the new truth soon. It's science! WEIRD SCIENCE.
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 01:16 AM        LOL
Yeah if I remember correctly that was how our argument started......now that I get you I find it funny as hell. And I've learned a lot from you. So take that you Buddhist Bastard.
BANNED

Old Aug 16th, 2003, 01:19 AM       
I'm not actually buddhist, I just know stuff. Stuff that's buddhist.
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 01:21 AM        So
So Bubba....do you see why I went the way I did? Letting you go over the 20 or so different ways I said the same thing? In the end you found the one way that that made sense to you.
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 01:32 AM        LOL
Hey Kahl...you do realize that that is what Buddhism is right. Knowing stuff and understanding said stuff generally without being taught. knowledge without learning.......but hey I understand not wanting the title. I have started claiming it so that people will listen. People like classifications.....easier to understand.
BANNED

Old Aug 16th, 2003, 01:33 AM       
I don't like stupid people understanding me anyway. They will twist it and fuck it up when they try to sound smart with their friends. I just say I'm a Philosophist.
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 01:36 AM        Yeah
That is all Buddha was too. But I get ya.
BANNED

Old Aug 16th, 2003, 01:37 AM       
Buddha was sober though, and he wore expensive rings. I only wear shiney rings. His ruby ring wearing puts him in a different class.
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 01:46 AM        LOL
That's my birthstone
BANNED

Old Aug 16th, 2003, 01:47 AM       
I'm an amethyst I think, I was going to change my middle name to my birthstone just cause it's better. My first name was going to be some other crazy concoction.