Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 31st, 2004, 09:26 AM        Thank GOD these guys are our allies!
I also really greatful that the adminstration is chock full of oil guys who know how to deal with oil isssues, and I'm perticularly grateful for the strong ties the Bush family has with the Saudi's. I mean, otheriwse we'd REALLY be up shit creek.

OPEC to Cut Oil Production by 4 Percent
AP

VIENNA, Austria - OPEC (news - web sites) agreed Wednesday to follow through on an earlier pledge to cut its oil production target by 4 percent starting in April despite recent high prices of crude, several oil ministers said.

The Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, which pumps about a third of the world's oil, will reduce its output ceiling by 1 million barrels per day. A recent surge in oil prices had led some of the group's 11 members to suggest postponing the cut, but OPEC's most influential oil minister, Saudi Arabia's Ali Naimi, prevailed in his effort to press ahead.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 31st, 2004, 02:12 PM       
W.House Stops Short of Criticizing OPEC, Draws Fire

By Adam Entous

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House said it was concerned about rising gasoline prices but raised no public objections to OPEC 's decision on Wednesday to cut oil production, fueling an election-year battle with Democratic challenger John Kerry over prices at the pump.

Huh. I gotta say. that's a big surprise, what with the Bush family being in the oil business and being such close pals with the Saudi Royal family. I mean it's not as if really high gas prices benefit people in the oil business.

Oh, wait, that's right, they kind of do, moneywise.