Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 01:21 AM        I am quiting my school-time job tommorow
Ok here is the back-story to why I am quiting.

For one, I have too much crap to do and a loaded schedule and up-coming exams. Tommorow for example I am supposed to work a 7 hour shift in the evening but I know it will take me at least 5 hours to write a program due by midnight. I feel stressed out and its just not working. Sometimes I dont eat all day almost .

Ok now the part that makes me not feel so bad about quiting abruptly and with no warning: The kitchen is completely disgusting. There is grease, dirt, and chiken juice over every crack of the floor. When there are dead bugs IN the food Top yells at me when I take time trying to pick them off (yes i am not supposed to throw it away. yes I know. I'm sorry ). That brings me to Top.

Top is the only person in the kitchen besides me. He works two jobs and roughly 80 hours per week. He is a senile 60 year old ex-alcoholic chinese man who does not speak english well except for cursing. He has thus far thrown 2 oven dishes and 1 pair of tongs, or "hand" as he calls them, at me. He has hit me once because I put bacon on a sandwich on top of the cheese instead of on the bottom. He once got wasted and tried to get me to drink, knowing I am 19, and then proceeded to ask the waitresses to show him their "titties" while I stayed till 12:30am doing all the things that were supposed to be done. He calls himself daddy. Typically the only thing he says in any given 30 minute period is an order directed at me (which is fine I like staying busy as any manager from my other jobs could tell you), "MOTHER FUCKING SHIT I STICK MY DICK IN YOUR MOUTH MOTHER FUCKERS DONT WANNA DO NO SHIT THEY STUPID MOTHER FUCKERS", and sometimes he says "I wear the pants". I think he says it because he doesnt really understand what it means.

In addition I get no breaks. I am pretty sure that is illegal but I don't really care I just felt I should point it out.

So tommorow morning after my interview for being a desk aide/RA I am going to go give this note to the breakfast person to give to Top:

Hi Top. I’m sorry to say I won’t be working in your kitchen any longer. I met with my academic advisor today and learned that to successfully get a double major as I am planning I will have to take classes next semester that would prevent my working in the evenings. In addition I am becoming too busy to handle my end of semester work and I need more time to complete my final assignments and study for exams. I won’t deny that I also am usually very uncomfortable with the working conditions and the way in which you conduct yourself. It would not hurt to find a more kind and agreeable way to communicate with people in the kitchen. Despite all of this I am truly very sorry that I have to abandon you in this manner. I hope you will not be too angry with me and I wish you luck in finding someone as my replacement.

P.S Please mail my last check to the address printed on it but please change the zip code to 22401 when you do, as 23185 is actually my zip code back in Williamsburg. Sorry.

The Cosmic Fool! is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 01:47 AM       
mighty heartfelt story bubba.. i can sympathize with working a shitty job and going to school.

and yeah, working you without breaks is delightfully illegal.

best of luck
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 01:54 AM       
Dude you're ripped like the Hulk, go out in style and slide him over the counter.
Mr. Fugo is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 02:11 AM       
I'd take his pants
Marc Summers is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 02:43 AM       
Something tells me that he isn't going to mail you that check
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 11:08 AM       
Yea, I doubt he'll send you that check either. That's when you go in and threaten to beat the shit out of him and invite all the customers into the back to see the disgusting display.
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 11:19 AM       
Or I will politely call and ask that it be mailed because I am just like that.

my last check is only for 150$ but still.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 11:34 AM       
Yea, in all honesty I'd probably be polite too. It doesn't really matter how they feel about it, it's a legal matter. I might try to get some kind of proof, though, because I wouldn't put it past some people to trash your time card or something.

150$ can buy something like 1500 packages of top ramen. You could feed yourself for a year on that.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 01:36 PM       
He was probably throwing shit at the bugs running around you, you're large enough that anything thrown in your general direction's gonna hit one of your many muscles.
BANNED

Old Dec 7th, 2005, 01:37 PM       
Or it could've been caught in his gravitational field.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 02:26 PM       
Tell him that YOU wear the pants, and then walk out. The report the place to the health department for having bugs in the food.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 03:10 PM       
It sounds like bubba was the only one trying to serve bug food.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 06:30 PM       
If he's anything like you say bubba, he won't care what you do at all