Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Oct 27th, 2005, 11:26 PM       
I just got back from my second viewing. Its still just as bitching for me. Also watching trailers on various TV shows (AOTS in particular) I was a few parts in the FPS that werent in the movie. This hurt me terribly because they looked absoluteley awesome.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 12:44 PM       
going to see this today

should be goooooooooooooood
FPS :LOVE
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 10:08 PM       
o
m
g
f
p
s
fucking
rules
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 08:53 AM       
You guys are starting to really piss me off because I was looking forward to hating this movie.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 07:26 PM       
Oh, I still hate it, but the FPS part (the little I saw of it) was good.

I'd say I'd only demand $6.50 of my ticket price back.

FurankuS is probably a spambot
Old Nov 5th, 2005, 10:02 PM       
$6.50 for a ticket? Did the line the chairs in the theatre with rubies and whole nutmeg?
Ass Happy
Yggdrasill sucks
Old Nov 5th, 2005, 10:45 PM       
What the fuck were you trying to say?
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Nov 5th, 2005, 11:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurankuS
$6.50 for a ticket? Did the line the chairs in the theatre with rubies and whole nutmeg?
Yeah, as in "This movie only sucked enough as for my demand that you refund $6.50 of the $7.50 I paid to get in this shitty movie."

And I don't know where you're from, but seeing movies isn't cheap. I didn't go to the matinee (only losers take dates to matinees ).

By the time I paid for her ticket, mine, and a small Coke it pretty much ensured that we weren't doing anything except going home and watching TV afterwards.

I once heard a movie theater manager claim that the prices are that high because they're set by the movie studios and that the ri-god damn-diculous prices are set so as to keep the place afloat.

...but then if that were even half-true I'd suspect DVDs would cost about $75.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 03:53 AM       
Shit I paid $9
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 04:26 AM       
I pay 10.95, and I live in the same province, dammit. Cheap seats are up to 5 bucks now too I think god dammit
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 04:50 AM       
You have CHEAP SEATS!? We just buy a ticket and go wherever.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 05:30 AM       
Matinee is cheap seats.
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 01:25 PM       
i always go to the crappy cinema in my hometown as they got cheap popcorn and coke. thats its main redeaming feature

Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 01:20 AM       
I'm not sure what normal matinee prices are, but there's a theater that shows older movies for 5 dollars, and I think 3 dollar matinees.
EDIT: And by cheap seats I didn't mean like, nosebleeds or anything, I meant a different theater, I guess its a bit of a confusing term. Theaters are still general admission, the ushers at those places wouldn't be able to handle anything more complicated :snobbyusher
Whiter than Alabaster
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 08:03 AM       
local cinema here sometimes shows older movies, went to see back to the future and pulp fiction last year

Marine is probably a spambot
Old Nov 29th, 2005, 05:35 AM        Re: DOOM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid
I was actually impressed. I was expecting it to be cheesy but it wasn't as cheesy as I thought it'd be. Good action and no real complaints....Except for the "genetic experiments gone wrong" thing instead of portals to hell opening up.

portals to hell rules!!
Whiter than Alabaster
Old Nov 29th, 2005, 08:11 AM       
i agree, the portal to hell would have been cool

the uk is catching up, only a few more days until its out here

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 02:56 PM       
Just rented the DVD.

The special features are sorta ok, just the sort of shit you'd expect to see in a 5-minute clip of WHERE IS YOUR BELOVED ROCK NOW on wrestling. The monster makeup and design parts once against solidified the fact that they're the only people in Hollywood who know what they're doing. The fact that you can pop the DVD into your Xbox and play a level of Doom 3 is neat. The 'history of doom' one is hilariously biased and gives tons of insight into why id sucks these days: "We don't have a QA team because we're all gamers and we know what we want." Because all other gaming companies are actually staffed with robots and/or accountants. And on "A lot of people were really satisfied with Doom 3," I have never seen someone react so obviously to a lie in my life.

The extended parts were absolute shit. It ranged from petty crap like Portman crawling around trying to get a clip to outright ridiculous shit like a 3-minute scene with the one-armed female scientist naked and writing stuff on the wall in blood. The dialogue during that part is especially ridiculous and out-of-place. Oh, and there's a scene where Duke is hitting on Samantha that is absolutely bananas.

The DVD has made me hate this movie; Before I thought it was a sorta OK film, but it's clear that the editors were the ones with the true talent here.
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 03:05 PM       
I got a doom movie poster :cool
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 05:43 PM       
The extended features kinda made the movie not ok. The nakeed armeless girl scene was cut for good reason, and the Scene with Duke hitting on Samatha was cut because Duke doesn't make it so their budding relationship is useless. The only one I caught that was a good addition what the part where Portman tells the kid about wanting a little pussy.
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 10:20 AM       
im glad this was bumped cuz i dint wanna be the one that did it. i was really disappointed with this movie. :/ a freaking hour goes by without anyone shooting anything just blahblahblah did anyone tell them what the damn game was about :O not about some nerds relationship with his stupid sister is what.
Staxeon is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 02:49 PM       
I like the dvd feature where they show the actors training and such. Shooting, maneuvers, lingo, etc. Especially funny about not being able to keep their eyes open while firing.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 02:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mew barios
im glad this was bumped cuz i dint wanna be the one that did it. i was really disappointed with this movie. :/ a freaking hour goes by without anyone shooting anything just blahblahblah did anyone tell them what the damn game was about :O not about some nerds relationship with his stupid sister is what.
We miss you. Rejoin us?

That was very funny. Well done.
VolCanon is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 04:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurankuS
Uhhh... Don't the theatres in Japan cost $20 for a matinee ticket? (at least they do in Kantou, which is infinite better than Kansai).

Anyway the movie was alright, but I came expecting the demons of hell and such. There were only two monsters, no flaming skulls or giant tomato head guys. Thumbs down.