Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 03:09 PM        David Kay's Advice to Bush
Kay calls on Bush to 'come clean' about WMD
Former weapons inspector says White House must admit it was wrong before US can move on.
By Tom Regan | csmonitor.com

In an interview with the Guardian newspaper published Wednesday, David Kay, the man who led the CIA's postwar hunt for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, said it was time for President Bush to "come clean with the American people" and admit that he and his administration were wrong about the presence of WMD in Iraq.

Mr Kay said that continued evasion would create public cynicism about the administration's motives, which he believes reflected a genuine fear of WMD falling into the hands of terrorists. He also said that if the administration did not confront the Iraq intelligence fiasco head-on it would undermine its credibility with its allies in future crises "for a generation". Kay says he now believes that any weapons that Iraq did possess were destroyed by 1998. Any programs that were continued, he added, were driven more by "corruption" than by "purposefully directed weapons programs."