Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ass Happy
Yggdrasill sucks
Old Jul 30th, 2005, 08:06 AM        Happy Family
Ok i'm really drunk and high right now. I know it's not fun to read long explanations so I won't go into lots of detail. Uhm so my father dropped a bunch of mind blowing and informative facts on me today about why he abandoned his family 7 years ago, why i'm such an asshole because I had to grow up so fast etc. Until this school year I had been isolating myself from people for a number of years and I finally just decided it would be ok to have friends and do things with them. anyway I want people's help but i'm not at home with all my friends so i'll ask here. See I have to make an decision to affect the rest of my life;

For one, I could choose to stay in Idaho where all my friends are and everyone knows i'm gay and all that. It's where i'll feel i'll belong but i'll always be working my as off because Idaho is a deathtrap and if I choose to stay i'll be there forever.

On the other hand I could move to Memphis where I would not only be financially supported but also have many opportunities that I would otherwise never get in Idaho.There are(supposedly) good colleges here. Also all hell would break loose if my father and step-mom were to find out I was gay, not to mention people here in Memphis pretty much think the same way as them.

So basically I have to choose this.

1.Acceptance, friendship, family, and all the while going nowhere in life
2.Career, other family, most likely more isolation

I have no idea what to do and I really need opinions. Sorry about the whole opening up thing but i'm really unsure of what to do and my father told me a huge amount of stuff that I did not know i'm trying to cope with it. I can't even stand up.