Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 11:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Signal
"PETA does not endorse the physical assault of animal clinics, and "verbal" attacks means they argue their point with people, and challenge them on their assumptions, just as anyone else is free to do."

Talk about a non-denial denial. They give known arsonists money to continue their work and have a convicted felon as official orator.
Again, prove that one drop of that cash went to fire bombing clinics, and as for their "official orator," what position ddoes he hold?? I wasn't familiar with PETA's poet laureate, he must hold a very important position in the organization...

Quote:
"So how, as you said, can PETA take a policy stance that argues nobody should ever own pets, but then advocate ownership via shelters? Answer: Compromise. They obiously realize that they can't tell everyone in the world that to support PETA you must free your dog. That would be retarded."

Newkirk's explicit words were "total animal liberation". She said that, not me. Unless she is using doubletalk, that sounds to me like letting them go.
There's no doubletalk, just an unwillingness on your own part to use common sense. The people at PETA are smart enough to realize that just letting go of millions of domesticated pets would be stupid. They do however advocate buying from clinics as opposed to breeders, as well as private chains. Perhaps some members do have a "global emancipation of all domesticated animals," but that certainly isn't an active campaign. Baby steps, in their opinions I'm sure, are required. Once again, this is common for most interest group activism, nothing CrAzY or out of the ordinary here.

Quote:
"Right, and she's one person."

Correction. She is one person is a position of power in PETA and therefore and agent of their agenda, and engaging in an act that is contradictory to that agenda.
Right, and allow me to educate you on how PETA works, since you certainly won't take the time to do it yourself. People in a town, city, county, or state can affiliate and/or start up a PETA chapter or club. On college campuses, they'd probably become a "SETA" chapter. Once they pay the cash and affiliate, they get access to speakers, materials, etc. (most of this stuff may in fact be free, I'm not certain). Nobody in "a position of power" has to sign off on anything, nobody "in a position of power" approves letting these people in.

As for her own personal hypocricy, I never said everyone within PETA was normal. I however, getting back to the point, would encourage you to look a little deeper than simply Penn and Teller's earth shattering expose on PETA.

Quote:
"So, Zero, what's your opinion on Planned Parenthood as a whole, and for that matter, the pro-choice movement?"

If women want the physical and psychological aberrations involved in having an abortion, then so be it. I don't approve of it, but I am not going to prevent someone from being able to do it.
Not my question.

Quote:
"Zero Signal is treating it like gospel, and has sealed the book. That's b/c P&T merely pandered to what he already believes, he got excited, and rushed here to post it."

No, it just reinforced what I already see on PETA's own website.
Which you clearly haven't actually looked at, because you're making baseless assumptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Trix
I always love it when Kevin gets worked up over a PETA bashing.
Blah, blah, blah.....I don't care about PETA bashing. I do however care about people who already hate vegetarianism and animal rights activists looking for shit to indict merely one organization with, without even pursuing a full picture, mind you.

Quote:
I don't imagine anyone is going to be coming away with different feelings about PETA just cuz Penn & Teller made some cracks about em on their show. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but ZS wasn't a PETA supporter before watching the show, I'd wager.
Bingo.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 11:26 PM       
it says Kevin was the last person to respond to this thread, but it won't show up :/

edit: nevermind, there it goes
Mocker
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 11:41 PM       
...?
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 11:45 PM       
I was looking at it and it said you'd replied most recently, but every time I looked the last post on here was ziggytrix's. It wouldn't load page 2. It pissed me off. It's all good now
Mocker
Old Apr 7th, 2004, 11:51 PM       
Yeah, I noticed that, too. Anyway......

COLOR

Zero Signal is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2004, 01:03 AM       
"I do however care about people who already hate vegetarianism and animal rights activists looking for shit to indict merely one organization with, without even pursuing a full picture, mind you."

I never said I hate vegetarianism. I hate the ones that tell me what I shouldn't eat and get in my face about it.

I never said I hate people would advocate animal rights. I hate the ones that are nutjobs about it and harm other people in the name of liberation.

I said that, what, three times? Do I need to say it again for you to get it?

Not my question.

Um. Yes, it was.

"Again, prove that one drop of that cash went to fire bombing clinics,"

If someone gives money to Al Qaeda, do you even need to question how it will be used? Giving money to a known and convicted arsonist and member of the ALF then saying that at least some of it doesn't go to carrying out acts of violence is just priceless. Open your eyes.