Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 11:00 AM        Countdown to war with Iran
"My hope is that we can solve this diplomatically," Bush said in a TV interview broadcast Monday. "We are working our hearts out so that they don't develop a nuclear weapon, and the best way to do so is to continue to keep international pressure on them."

Pressed on whether he would allow Iran to build a bomb, Bush said: "No, we've made it clear, our position is that they won't have a nuclear weapon."
-W, yesterday.

Sound familliar? I think the decision, like the Iraq war decision has already been made. If W. is elected we will institute reginme change in Iraq. We won't need a massive buildup. We'll probably wait until the Iraqi elections, and just move our forces over the border. We didn't finish the mission in Afghanistan, I don't see why anybody would think we'll see it through in Iraq.

Here are the problems as I see them. Iran is an actual threat. I don't believe they'd have pursude such a bold, in your face nuclear policy is the US hadn't alientated it's alies, detsroyed it's own credability and expended so much money and equipment, so many lives in Iraq.

If we send Colin Powells replacement before the UN with sattelite photos that look like a bunch of buildings and we say they're nuclear weapons sites, who won't recall sattelite photos of supposed 'mobile WMD labs'? But going it alone is not something this administration minds. Ho har is it going to be for W to get a serious UN resolution when the last time we got one, we claimed it meant the UN said we could go to war, even though the head of the UN to this day says it was a criminal act to do so? I think the security council may be a little cautious in their wording if W. stays at the helm.

But I don't think any of these Neo con bastards care t all about any of that. They had a vision of 'democratizing' the middle east one nation at a time, and by god, one country overthrown is not enough. The fact that nothing has worked out they way they thought it would doesn't matter because you never admit mistakes, and you never change course.

Future historians are going to look back and call this Americas Lemming Period.