Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

KurokiKaze is probably a spambot
Old Mar 1st, 2003, 11:54 PM        What the hell is Cartoon Network smoking???-EVANGELION
Most of the time, when i allow my little cousins to come into my room when they come over the house, i sit them in front of the ol' televison and let them enjoy the happiness that only Cartoon Network can bring. Rotting away in their minds are millions of brain cells because of this wonderful programing ( hey it taught me English). This is not the point. This Tuesday i turn on the television and i let them sit in front of the tube and go off the fetch some delicious Polish cookies and other treats ( yeah im Polish).
I come back and my little cousin starts yelling-- Peter, Peter, the Eva is coming to beat up the Angel! I almost crapped myself as i jumped up to switch the channel. The Eva, or Evangelion is a powerful ""robot"" ( no spoilers here) from the japanese animation EVANGELION. Being the uber geek i am i have watched the entire series several times and i stupidly thought that Cartoon Network was running a un-censored version of it. Stupid me. i should have realized from the get- go that Cartoon Network would never show a uncut version of Evangelion.
The thing that scared me was the american dub, now called my friends and i as "Eva-crapped-on". The way that Cartoon Networks " Toonami" butchered poor Evangelion is unforgivable. The Second episode revolved around the main character, Shinji, battling a monster in a Eva, and losing his memory from the expreience and regaining it at the end of the episode. During this episode he moves in with a new care taker, because he and his father, whom "created" the Eva's could not live together. This care taker- named Misato- is a whore/ alcohol high ranking military personel. Cartoon Network cut out all the scenes that involved her drinking beer ( all of her time in the house), and the one they did leave in they put an ugly blue ring around the can so it looked like water.
This basically makes the story terribly pieced together, and doesnt show any character development or foreshadowing like the original version of the show had.
The next part of the show that angered me was the battle between the evangelion and the angel. Angel means big ugly monster-- but the big ugly monster was sent by God, who wants to kill all of humanity for disabaying his laws ( so it seems, but again, dont want to ruin the good part of the story).
The Eva gets it ass kicked. The Angel breaks its arm and pierces a hole it its head. Shiji loses consciuosness and the Eva goes insane, and kills the Angel by first kicking it, breaking its defenses and ripping its chest open with its bare hands and stabbing its heart with its own chest bones. Of course Cartoon Network realized they couldnt show this so they cut most of the ripping and blood out. The Angel then self destructs because of its loss and almost kills the EVA.
My question to Cartoon Network is- why did you take a Japanese Anime that is based on God trying to kill us- that includes Nudity and sex in almost every episode ( no, no hentai- the nakedness is always used as symbolism) , that has more blood that the Red Crosses blood banks- ands try to make it suitable for 4 year old children to watch?? Cartoon Netwok only aired the first 2 episodes because in episode 3 or 4 the main character goes to a girls house and finds her naked coming out of the shower- and she stays naked for the remainder of the show. Shinji even falls on top of the girl while she was naked. How dare Cartoon Network even think of showing this kind of show to my little cousins. I love EVANGELION, but i feel that if the program cannot be changed for little children, similarly to how Card Captor Sakura was changed to Card Captors, or YUGIOH was butchered but still appropriate for children.
Cartoon Network has to learn that it must either show the animation for what it is- an mature, symbolistic show made for people with enough sense to know whats going on, or not show it at all- because there is no way to make such a program, no matter how great it is, appropriate for children.

And yes i have gone overboard.

Please tell me your opinion of this situation.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 1st, 2003, 11:57 PM       
Welcome to the boards. And what better way to say "I am a competent and valuable new member to the community," than to make a ridiculously long post in the wrong forum?
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2003, 12:05 AM       
Evangelion is so gay. So are yugioh and Card Captors. Go Home.
MY DAD
MrAdventure is probably a real personMrAdventure is probably a real person
Old Mar 2nd, 2003, 12:14 AM       
Q: Why did the Polak cross the road?
A: He couldn't get his dick out of the chicken.

Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 2nd, 2003, 12:27 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavenom
Evangelion is so gay.
NGE was the first anime series I ever tried to watch, so I had no standards with which to compare. I enjoyed watching it, so when I went to visit my kids (who watch such things & were the reason I wanted to get in to the genre) I innocently mentioned that I watched the show, they laughed for an hour.

Damn stupid people & their crappy programmes, should give us other stupid people some sorta warning that their show is regarded to be crap.

pissed off salesman is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2003, 01:04 AM       
Anime sucks