Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jul 16th, 2005, 12:25 PM       
Yeah, i thought most of the dialogue was horribly written. Everyone was giving commands to everyone else, but no one listened. Dakota Fanning was annoying, too, but damn near every little girl with a starring role in a movie pisses me off :-/.

Lye is probably a spambot
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 09:03 PM       
I thought the movie rocked.

at the end everyone in the audience was like "wtf?"

I read the book in 6th grade so Iv always known the ending and it didnt surprise me at all, but i cant understand why everyone hates the ending so much.

the guy in front of me made a comment of how it was the worst ending ever, and it didnt make any sense and he wanted his money back, even though the narrator explained what happend.

It might be just me but I liked the ending the way it was. the movie was about survival not about fighting aliens.

I liked the book because it was from a first person perspective of a normal person trying to survive in a dangerous situation. the movie threw in kids, but it was the same thing. It wasnt a play by play of how the aliens invade every city, the reader only knows what the narator knows.

the "happy ending" didnt bother me that much, and I think most people disliked the ending because there wasnt a climax, but that didnt bother me either.

I dont know, i liked the movie.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 01:03 AM       
Well see, I liked the ending too. I think it's completely reasonable, but you can't deny that it was abrupt. There was no real falling action, just destroying a church, force fields go down and UHP they're dead.

I hated the kid coming back because the movie basically made you forget about him. He wanted to go and fight, he tried, and you're supposed to believe that he's dead. There's a huge explosion, and you don't hear from him again. And then he finds his way all the way to Boston on his own, and gets there faster than the other two. I guess I saw it coming, but I didn't want to, and when it happened I got pissed.

Lye is probably a spambot
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 01:52 AM       
yeah, the movie was 2 hours of running from huge aliens, and then out of nowhere they all die, everyone lives a happy life.

and the kid coming back was dumb. I knew it was coming too, but after the movie being about how horrible the aliens were, that scene in the beginning where cruise is running and every other person got cooked gave the movie a feeling that it was going to show the sad reality of how humans were being killed off. then at the end all the main characters live and better yet have come together because of it. it makes sense that he would have made it there first though, since tom and the girl were chilling in that guys basement for a while.

the part I didnt get was why the aliens buried those machines a million years ago or whenever they did. why wouldnt they just take over the planet while they were here the first time. were they in a hurry to take over other planets and thought to themselves "hey lets leave the stuff here, and after we make our rounds, we'll come back and THEN take over the planet. Awesome"

And if the machines were here the whole time, then that means the aliens were here before, which means they would have breathed the air before. i thought the point was that the bacteria killed them. theres no way they were here before there was bacteria, so it should have killed them all the first time they were here.
the aliens just landed from space in the book so it makes sense, but they never give us a reason for it in the movie. one of the most memorable scenes in the book, movie, and radio broadcast was the scene where the farmers go out to the crash site to try and greet the aliens and are melted.
I wonder why they changed that?

also that scene were tom kills tim robbins was wierd.