Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 09:30 AM       
update

Dramatically YouTube is hosting a six minute tape of the now infamous KDND radio competition “hold your wee for a Wii” that resulted in the death of Jennifer Strange in California January 12. An autopsy on Strange showed that the drinking of a large amount of water lead to her experiencing headaches and finally expiring at home.

The Audio is an eerie experience with many conversations between the on air announcers and the now deceased competitor, the excerpts include a female contestant querying the announcers “Can’t you get water poisoning and like, die?”

Joystiq is also running a story that quotes Roger Dryer, lawyer for the family of Strange that has subsequently sued the radio station. He has not ruled out including Nintendo (manufacturers of the Wii game console) in the law suit. Dryer stated that KDND had been “pushing an irresponsible, ill-advised contest”.

If Nintendo were involved directly in the competition they “might” also be named as a defendant in the suit.

KDND subsequently sacked 10 people for their involvement in the ill fated comp.

You can Sue for making good products? Everyone at Sony is safe.