Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 02:28 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Fraiser
We aren't Mike here, McClain But if fighting with you will get me a title, why I am all ears.
Jesus Christ you're good. I can totally envision that post being said.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 02:29 AM       
They're putting a list at the Comedy Central site AS WE SPEAK

http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_show...est/list.jhtml

Now discuss.

Gallagher is 100
Louie Anderson is 92
Paula Poundstone is 88 (I only know her from Home Movies, I believe)
David Cross is 85 , one above Jay Mohr and one below Drew Carey
Jackie Mason is 63. Oy vey!

They haven't posted 60-41, but I'm sure I have witty comments about them.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 02:33 AM       
well considering the comedy deathcamp which is their panel of judges, no wonder nobody's in their proper place

-willie
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 02:34 AM       
seriously those people who are the panel : comedy :: Auschwitz : Jews

(i hope i did the analogy thing right and also spelt the deathcamp name )
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 02:36 AM       
I can see Colin Quinn being #1 according to them.

Then they'll unveil a huge framed photo of him with candles all around it.

I hate this special even more now for thinking of this.

Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 02:37 AM       
BOBCAT GOLDTHWAIT SHOULD BE HIGHTER !!!
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 02:39 AM       
#11 will be Bob Saget or something

#10 will be Dave Coulier

OH GOD
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 02:41 AM       
Quote:
Mario Joyner

Television
Late Show with David Letterman (Guest Performer)-CBS
proves nothing
Quote:
Chris Rock Show (Regular)-HBO
who watches HBO nobody
Quote:
American Dream-CBS Pilot
Chicks-ABC Pilot
Road Warriors-HBO Pilot
HEY THREE FAILED PILOTS, THIS SCREAMS FUNNY GUY
Quote:
One Night Stand-HBO Special
Curb Your Enthusiasm-HBO
more HBO
Quote:
Arsenio Hall Show (Guest Performer)-NBC
The Tonight Show (Guest Performer)-NBC
HAY MORE GUEST SPOTS ON TALKSHOWS IMPRESSIVE
Quote:
Seinfeld-NBC
whoop de fucking chirst seinfeld wasn't even funny
Quote:
Aspen Comedy Festival (Guest Performer)-Showtime
GUEST SPOT
Quote:
MTV Half-Hour Comedy Hour (Host)-MTV
standup on mtv is like watching someone try to suck their own dick
Quote:
Film
Pootie Tang:Supporting-Paramount
Hangin' with the Homeboys:Lead-New Line
Three Men and a Baby:Featured-Touchstone
Down to Earth:Featured-Paramoun
GREAT FUNNY MOVIES DOOD :hat
OH GOD
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 02:44 AM       
Quote:
Greg Giraldo

The New York Times has described Greg Giraldo as, "A talented comedian with a winning personality."
so in other words incredibly mediocre, but a nice guy
Quote:
One of New York City's top comedians and a headliner in clubs across the country, Greg consistently kills audiences with his hilarious and insightful act. Socially provocative and yet broadly funny, Greg has become one of the most versatile and highly entertaining comics working today.
hey i bet he wrote this shit
Quote:
His innovative material and energetic style made him a standout at the prestigious Montreal Comedy Festival in 1995. After Montreal, Greg, a graduate of Harvard Law School who was recently profiled in Esquire magazine, was given the opportunity to develop and star in his own sitcom, "Common Law," which was loosely based on his experiences an a New York law firm.
COMMON LAW OMG NOW I AM TURNED AROUND THATS MY FAV. SHOW
Quote:
He has since guest hosted the "Later" show on NBC. He appears regularly on "Late Night with Conan O'Brien." He's been on "The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn," "Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher," and starred in the CBS/Castle Rock pilot, "Drive." Greg has been a frequent panelist on "Beyond the News" and "The Full Nelson" on the Fox News Channel. He has been seen on dozens of televised comedy showcases both in the U.S. and abroad including Showtime's "Latino Comedy Festival," "Funny is Funny," Comedy Central's "Comedy Cabana," Louie Anderson's "Comedy Showcase" and "Late Friday" on NBC and "Live at Jongleurs" on the BBC (UK).
GUEST SPOTS
Quote:
Greg returned to the Montreal Comedy Festival in 1999 and performed at the Aspen Comedy Festival in 2001. A popular performer on college campuses, Greg was a 1997 NACA nominee for "Campus Performer of the Year."

His own half hour stand-up special, Comedy Central Presents Greg Girlado, is currently airing on Comedy Central. He lives in New York City with his wife and a baby boy he believes to be his own.
hahaha omg thats a funny joke guy funny funny

edit: dont forget hes on tough crowd w/ collin quinn and thats like a real comedy show on hte CUTTING EDGE
OH GOD
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 02:49 AM       
Quote:
Judy Gold

Judy Gold gets around. It's pretty hard to miss Judy these days. She's the saucy, gregarious host of HBO's "At the Multiplex with Judy Gold" and is a regular fixture on Comedy Central's "Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn" and "Hollywood Squares."
She can often be seen gabbing with the girls on "The View" and reminiscing about the past and counting down the greatest videos and celebrity moments on "VH-1's All Access." Judy's half hour special "Comedy Central Presents: Judy Gold" continues to receive high ratings as does Comedy Central's recent special, "Tough Crowd Stands Up."
wait all those things that are bolded are supposed to be things that mean she is funny? i do not understand :/
Quote:
And if you think Judy has forgotten her roots... think again. She was recently featured on the BBC and Comedy Central special, "The Heroes of Jewish Comedy," and her one-person show about Jewish mothers, "G-d Doesn't Pay Rent Here," debuted to rave reviews at The Empty Space Theatre in Seattle. Judy also co-starred in the off-Broadway production of "The Vagina Monologues."
lol
Quote:
On the small screen, Judy has appeared on a plethora of shows including "Sex & The City," "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno", "Law & Order", "Law & Order, S.V.U.", "The Drew Carey Show", and "As The World Turns", just to name a few. She also co-starred with Glenn Close in the CBS movie of the week, "The Ballad of Lucy Whipple."
GUEST SPOTS
Quote:
She is surely no stranger to awards, either. Judy won 2 Emmy Awards for writing and producing "The Rosie O'Donnell Show", and she won a Cable Ace award for her own HBO half hour special. She was nominated twice for The American Comedy Award's funniest female stand-up.
ROSIE ODONNEL SHOW FUCK YOU, UNFUNNY BITCH
Quote:
Judy lives in New York City with her family, and tours theatres and comedy clubs around the country. Look for her new CD coming out Spring of 2004.
NO
Ghost of Fraiser is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 02:50 AM       
HOW THE FUCK DID HOWIE MENDEL BEAT NORM MACDONALD.
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 02:52 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim

#10 will be Dave Coulier
I heard saget is funny now
OH GOD
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 02:53 AM       
Quote:
Dom Irrera

Hippest of the hip. Coolest of the cool. In the world of stand-up comedy, DOM IRRERA is the king of clubs. He doesn't just take the stage&he owns it&and audiences everywhere appreciate being in the hands of a master. "I like making people laugh," he says. "It's my job". And one he's been very successful at as his many credits attest.

IRRERA's the winner of two CableACE awards (cable television's highest honor), he's received six American Comedy Award nominations as Best Male Stand-Up, he's performed on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno", "David Letterman", "Conan O'Brien", "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart", "The View", and has made several appearances on "Oprah". Recent credits include an all-new stand-up special titled "Comedy Central Presents", which aired on the cable network this past summer. Coming up, DOM's been tapped to star in a new series based upon an idea by Bruce Willis that's now in development for 20th Century Fox Television and he just completed a role in the feature film currently in production titled "The Fourth Tenor", starring old pal Rodney Dangerfield.
hey guest spots and a RODNEY FUCKING DANGERFIELD MOVIE HOORAY
Quote:
IRRERA's course as a stand-up was set early on. Already a class crack-up in the first grade, a Catholic school nun thought she'd teach him a lesson by putting him on the spot in front of the eighth grade. The plan backfired though because IRRERA was funny. "I went up in front of the class-I wasn't even as tall as the desk-and I just talked and the kids all laughed," IRRERA remembers. "And, by the way, I worked clean because it was a Catholic school," he deadpans.

His keen eye - and ear - for observing the people around him were developed while growing up in a multi-generational Italian household in South Philadelphia with his mother, sister, grandmother, uncles and cousins all under one very big roof. A great-grandmother even lived across the street. Together there were three floors and four generations of family that helped provide fodder for the variety of characters IRRERA is so popular for. "Whenever my grandmother told stories she used to change voices, sort of acting out the characters, so it seemed very natural&I thought everyone did it," he says.
so basically he's funny because he's an italian
Quote:
A popular headliner, IRRERA has developed a following beyond the comedy club circuit through his many television appearances. One of his first big breaks - and he still gets recognized from it - was his performance on Rodney Dangerfield's "Nothing Goes Right" comedy specials for HBO. In 1989 IRRERA's own HBO "One Night Stand" earned him his first CableACE award for Best Stand-Up Comedy Special. In '95 he won a second CableACE for the Showtime stand-up series he hosted, "Full Frontal Comedy." That same year he received a second CableACE nomination in the writing category for his work on Comedy Central's animated series, "Dr. Katz: Professional Therapist." He also starred in a solo stand-up special for HBO in '92 titled "Command Performance."
doctor katz: boring unfunny cartoon
Quote:
In addition to his stand-up, IRRERA has branched out into other areas as well. An avid sports lover, he hosted four seasons of Comedy Central's irreverent football show, "Offsides", where he conducted hilarious on-the-field interviews with football greats. He also hosted Comedy Central's "Behind the Scenes at the American Comedy Awards: specials in '98 and '99. He was a series regular on the '98 mid-season Fox comedy "Damon" starring Damon Wayans and his guest-star credits include "Seinfeld" (he played an annoying prop comic needling Jerry in the memorable episode), "Becker," "Everybody Loves Raymond" and "King of Queens." His film work includes a featured role in Robert Townsend's "Hollywood Shuffle," a cameo in the Coen Bros. Film, "The Big Lebowski," and he played himself in the Rodney Dangerfield / Dom De Luise film, "The Godson." And he's found his voice much in demand in the field of animation. He made several appearances, as himself, on "Dr. Katz" and he voices Ernie, the demolitions expert, on Nickelodeon's "Hey Arnold."
these are some good guest spots
Quote:
But as much fun as he has with other projects, stand-up remains his first love. Following a three-year stint as a fourth grade teacher at Most Blessed Sacrament School in Philly ("I liked the kids..it was the hours that were killing me," IRRERA the night owl claims), he moved to New York in 1978 and began performing at the famed Improv, a mecca for the decided to stay. Again the Improv came into play. The staff was so enamored of him that they continually brought agents and talent scouts to share in their new discovery. "The Tonight Show" booked him right away and soon people like Bette Midler would call the club to ask, "Is Dom Irrera on tonight?"

Hollywood may seem like a long way away from his South Philly origins but to paraphrase an old saying, "You can take the boy out of the neighborhood but you can't take the neighborhood out of the boy" - and IRRERA has certainly found a way to bring it with him. Among the many colorful characters that populate his act are 'Fruitfly', 'Weasel', 'Joey Bag of Donuts' and of course his assorted uncles, cousins and other family members. Known for such catch-phrases as "Badda-boom, badda-bing" and "I don't mean that in a bad way", IRRERA's streetwise approach to comedy translates to other countries just as well. A recurring favorite at Montreal's prestigious Just For Laughs Festival (he's made more appearances there than any other American comic), IRRERA has also earned raves in Ireland, England, Australia and New Zealand.

The secret to his stand-up success is simple. Whether he's talking about the absurdity of celebrity or the craziness of family, IRRERA's humor is about comedy of the everyday. And every day that ends with him up on a stage giving his all is a good one!
"DOM IRRERA: FUNNY BECASUE HE'S ITALIAN"
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 02:55 AM       
God Dommit
OH GOD
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 03:02 AM       
they should have picked a panel of people who are funny but who AREN'T standups

-willie
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 07:23 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Fraiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim

#10 will be Dave Coulier
I heard saget is funny now
From what I hear, Saget is great. He seems to know he comes across as a complete tool in Full House and AFHV, and just keeps it that way while he cashes in the moneys. And I don't know why, but I kind of respect him for it. It's beyond and above selling out, in a way.
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 12:37 PM       
He does some appearances in movies where he has funny lines only because you wouldn't expect Bob Saget to say it.

Like in Half-Baked, he said something about sucking a lot of dick for cocaine.

And Dumb and Dumberer, he said "shit" about 20 times.

I don't recommend watching either movie though. At all.

EDIT- I completely forgot about my avatar. Oh snap :o

Mocker

James sucks
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 12:48 PM       
100. Gallagher - He should be higher. I think they lost sight that he's a lot more than a guy who smashes watermelons. I'd go as far as to say he comedy was very innovative, and he deserves more recognition than barely making the list.

95. Andrew 'Dice' Clay - Similar case. He had a very unique style to his comedy. And while it did create a lot of hate and controversy... Doesn't ALL great comedy do that? I bet some dumb bitches made this list.

76. Robert Schimmel - Come on. He should at least be in the top 40.

70. Wanda Sykes - Stupid black bitch is NOT funny. There's a total of 5 female comedians who are funny, and she's not one of them.

59. Gilbert Gottfried - As much as I like him, he should be lower. His comedy is just very stale and weak. While he is generally a funny guy with a great voice, and does a lot of excellent voicework (IAGO ), as a comedian, he's just not that great.

51. Lewis Black - Should at least be in the top 25.
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 12:54 PM       
61. Bobcat Goldthwait
62. Eddie Griffin - SUCKS
63. Jackie Mason
64. Richard Belzer - NOT FUNNY
65. Cedrick the Enter.
66. Shelley Berman
67. Kevin Pollak
68. Dave Attell - SHOULD BE HIGHER
69. Pat Cooper
70. Wanda Sykes
71. Red Buttons
72. Bernie Mac
73. Billy Connolly
74. Paul Rodriguez
75. Eddie Izzard - SHOULD BE HIGHER
76. Robert Schimmel
77. Paul Reiser - WTF?
78. Sinbad - RIGHT WHERE HE SHOULD BE
79. Dom Irrera - SHOULD BE HIGHER
80. Bobby Slayton
81. Dick Gregory
82. Howie Mandel
83. Norm MacDonald
84. Drew Carey
85. David Cross
86. Jay Mohr
87. Brett Butler - SUCKY BITCH
88. Paula Poundstone- NOT FUNNY
89. Kevin James - SHOULD BE HIGHER
90. Dana Carvey - OVERRATED
91. Jim Breuer
92. Louie Anderson - WTF?
93. George Wallace
94. David Alan Grier - SHOULD BE #99999
95. Andrew 'Dice' Clay - SHOULD BE HIGHER
96. Joey Bishop
97. Sandra Bernhard - DIE BITCH DIE
98. Louis CK
99. Janeane Garofalo
100. Gallagher
Hay Ladiez! Howzit going?
BlueOatmeal is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 03:36 PM       
OMG What about Rita Rudner!!!!11

CALL ME! CALLL MEEE! WHY DON'T YOU CALL THIS NUMBER NOW!678-416-3492 How about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
What the fuck are you talking about? He loves da ladiez.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 04:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie
Hell with that, how is Sinbad better than both of them? Or anyone for that matter?
I have lost all faith in humanity as of now.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 10:10 PM       
[Riotgrrl]Ellen Degeneres should totally b #1 cuz she is a lez nd so am I! I think she is RIOT![/riotgrrl]

Seriously, who fucking picked that list? Was it voted on by viewers?
OH GOD
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 10:27 PM       
i thought the "panel" were the ones who picked the comedians
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 11:00 PM       
Jeff Foxworthy shouldn't be on any comedy list that doesn't have the words "worst" or "untalented"
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 11:43 PM       
I actually watched today's edition.

Here's some of my guesses for the top 20:

George Carlin (Had better be #1 or I'll crash planes into the Comedy Central building )
Jerry Seinfeld
Richard Pryor
Robin Williams

Other funnies include Mitch Hedberg and Sam Kinison, but they probably won't make it.

And people I don't want to make it but probably will are Rodney Dangerfield and, like, Jimmy Fucking Fallon or something.