Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 01:30 PM       
I don't watch TV, but I do wake up to the radio every morning, and those commercials are actually worse.

I really hate two right now; One starts off with:

Did you know that the average income of a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer is now over $70,000 a year? *SCCASRARARTCH* Of course you do. After all...you've probably heard this commercial more than a...few times before.

Really, I fucking hate anything with dramatic pauses in it. It makes me pay attention to it to mentally guess the exact moment they'll start speaking again. And it's gay.

The other one I really hate is new and it's talking about winning $100 from something gay I don't know and one of the annoying talking heads is rambling on about how his aunt Edna looks like Benjamin Franklin and how patriotic she is.
Daphne is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 02:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Skellington
THANK YOU!

Me and my friends have been bashing those fucking things since the first one. "Do you think you really waaaant a clo-one" "No way!" .

AAARRRGGGGHHHHH! What annoys me the most is that there's like 5 different ones now. That one where the fucking ugly bitch is dancing is the worst
that made me feel so much better reading that! It's nice to know others out there feel the pain we feel.

I HAVE to find a pic of her! She's such a fucking mutant that it honestly bothers me when i look at her. How would look at that face and want to give it money? Unless it's to make her go away or get a nose job!
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 03:32 PM       
Yep, she's actually gross to look at. She looks like a cross between a camel and skeletor. I'm scared

That was very funny. Well done.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2003, 02:20 AM       
Since Chojy brought up radio commercials...

The only ones I can think of offhand are of course the Geico commercials (at least on TV, they TRY to be funny) and anything with Rush Limbaugh giving the whole hearted support. The only thing Rush Limbaugh should be pitching are Tums, Preparation-H and perhaps the company that makes the little cushions that fit on your toilet seat.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 11:17 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbu Manowar
Another one: that stupid Coca-Cola Girl who imitated all the voices. What I wouldn't give to have a Hell's Angel beat the hell out of her with a length of copper tubing.
Good Lord...I know...I fucking hate that one too!
Queen of the Beasts
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 11:22 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbu Manowar
Yup. The kid with the black background behind him and spouting dialogue that's just too PC for a kid to speak it.

And here's another that's a strictly Detroit one for this law firm: at this junkass convenience store, a kid asks for a candy bar. The mom grabs this kid and screams "I CAN'T, WE DON'T HAVE THE KIND OF MONEY!!" Then she goes up to the cashier and says in a perfect calm voice: "I'd like $100 worth of Easy Picks Lotto Tickets, please."

This apparently is a commercial for gambling addiction. But it comes off as the woman is a completely abusive retard who honestly thinks $100 worth of Lotto tickets--not the scratch off but the actual ones--is going to make her hit it big. This isn't gambling addiction, this woman is bone stupid!!

AHHHHHH!! Oh, my head hurts now.
You would simply be amazed at how often things like that happen in real life. Personally I am in favor of contraceptive laced blow-darts.
Queen of the Beasts
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 11:25 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulhedface
There's another commercial I can live without: The Girls Gone Wild commercials. ESPECIALLY those fucking "Doggy Style" ads. If you wanna know what I mean, try watching Comedy Central ANYTIME past midnight, and check the commercials. Sure makes watching The Critic and Duckman a pain in the arse.
I FUCKING hate those Girls Gone Wild commercials. Why, oh why, do my fellow women DO THESE THINGS?!?!?!
Queen of the Beasts
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 11:26 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Squid
The commercial that I hate the most are the one for Suncoast Video with that guy that acts like a retard because he can't remember the title of the movie that he wants so he tries to act out the movie for the video store clerk. God this fucker is more annoying than Jared from Subway.
Ahhh! That happens in real life too!
Queen of the Beasts
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 02:47 PM        Destroying the enviromnent!
I just saw a commercial that enraged me. Picture this:

The American prarie. Bison. Coyotes. Prarie Dogs. Unspoiled wilderness.
Suddenly....a rumble in the distance! The animals look up, nervous...
The rumble grows louder! The coyotes run! The prarie dogs hide! The bison stampede!
In a cloud of dust appears...A CAR! A male singer begins to croon, "Like a rock...ooooohhh..like a ROCK!"

Now what the hell is up with this?! Wanton destruction of the environment?! Disturbing nature?! This is supposed to be the sales pitch?!

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 03:16 PM       
I hate those mattress commerials where they talk about how their mattress is made from crap that NASA came up with.

They have a woman who says the mattress, "feels like it's forming its own glove to me." What the hell is that supposed to mean? Is the mattress cutting off the blodd flow to your brain, lady?

And then they show how a glass of wine set on the mattress won't tip over if a woman jumps on the bed. That'd be a great feature to have if I ever decide to serve drinks off of my damned mattress.
Asspunch McGruf
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 06:09 PM       
Can this be expanded into infomercials? If so, I'd like to include anything that has the suffix "-Master" in it, e.g. ThighMaster, Ab Master, Ass Master...
Asspunch McGruf
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 07:13 PM       
As much as I hate those Verizon commercials I found this funny as hell: