Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

conus is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 09:58 PM        Support Our Troops
A marine corporal has apologised in a newspaper interview published today for singing a song glorifying the killing of Iraqi civilians on a video posted on the internet.

Joshua Belile, 23, who lives in North Carolina after serving in Iraq, told the Jacksonville Daily News that the expletive-laced song was meant to be humorous.

"It's a song that I made up and it was nothing more than something supposed to be funny, based off a catchy line of a movie," Belile said. The line was from the puppet film Team America: World Police.

"I apologise for any feelings that may have been hurt in the Muslim community. This song was written in good humour and not aimed at any party, foreign or domestic," he said.

The four-minute video titled Hadji Girl shows Belile playing an acoustic guitar on stage, wearing an olive green T-shirt with camouflage pants. The public can be heard laughing but is not seen.

"I grabbed her little sister and put her in front of me. As the bullets began to fly, the blood sprayed from between her eyes, and then I laughed maniacally," Belile sang.

"I blew those little fuckers to eternity. ... They should have known they were fucking with the marines."

The video was removed from the internet video website youtube.com, where it was originally posted.

The largest US Muslim group, the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) had called for an investigation after drawing attention to the video.

"We welcome Corporal Belile's apology and will leave it to military authorities to determine whether any disciplinary action is warranted," said CAIR executive director Nihad Awad.

"Our intent was never to target an individual marine but instead to address the larger issue of insensitivity to the suffering of Iraqi civilians," Awad said in a statement.

- AFP

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/...964637077.html
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 11:31 PM       
Yes.

I see.

We should defintely leave there then.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!

Old Aug 8th, 2006, 05:52 AM       
Quote:
I didn't say that we should. Or shouldn't. One thing about the tape that didn't surprise me is that the soldiers in the audience were cheering and laughing. These semi-literate little slobs found it amusing that their brothers in arms raped and murdered a 14 year old girl, then murdered her 5 year old sister to shut her up. It didn't surprise me that so many young uneducated Americans would feel this way, and I do understand the need for cannon fodder, but still it's a little shocking to listen to. Oh well, one thing about this war that has never really upset me is the U.S. death toll. Too bad for the parents, but it's hardly a loss to the world when these people die.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 07:40 AM       
What a lousy hack. Everyone knows Bob Dylan wrote that song.

Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 09:44 AM       
the song was based off of a real incident?

where is ur proof on that.

if it was then this is quite a grave, offense of a song to cite a human atrocity.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 09:50 AM       
Coincidence. Violent lyrics only lead to violent behavior if you're black.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 09:50 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by conus
Quote:
I didn't say that we should. Or shouldn't.
Ya, you tend not to say much of anything

Quote:
One thing about the tape that didn't surprise me is that the soldiers in the audience were cheering and laughing.
At a song meant to be a joke? Imagine that.

Quote:
These semi-literate little slobs
What makes you think any of that? Oops, wait, can't really call what you do thinking, can I.

Quote:
found it amusing that their brothers in arms raped and murdered a 14 year old girl, then murdered her 5 year old sister to shut her up.
Really? Where in the article does it say he did that? they sang a tasteless, insensitive song. It was wrong and they should be disciplined, but you also need to shut the fuck up with your drama bitch antics.

Quote:
It didn't surprise me that so many young uneducated Americans
what the fuck do you know about any of the soldiers involved?

Quote:
would feel this way, and I do understand the need for cannon fodder, but still it's a little shocking to listen to. Oh well, one thing about this war that has never really upset me is the U.S. death toll. Too bad for the parents, but it's hardly a loss to the world when these people die.
So, were you born a douchebag, or did it takes years of practice?

Old Aug 8th, 2006, 10:52 AM       
Ha, Ha, Ha! I did it! Five Bucks! That's five U.S. dollars, El Blanco and your post was the one that did it! It was touch and go there for a minute. The bet was that I could get a serious rise out of a redneck within five post responses. There was a brief argument regarding my response to Preechr counting, but there was no such stipulation! Have a nice day, y'all.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 11:44 AM       
Uh-huh.

So you won five bucks for being a scumbag.

And tards that use "y'all" need not accuse others of being rednecks.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 12:09 PM       
Singing about using a little girl as a human shield is fucking funny, where's you sense of humor guys?

Anyone who thinks it's wrong for a marine to joke about that is a pinko faggot.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 12:50 PM       
I don't know my guess is he was talking about that girl who was raped and killed then her whole family was killed afterwards including a very young child. I don't see how that has anything to do with the story though
I didn't read 'the page' itself, either, though.

Old Aug 8th, 2006, 01:14 PM       
Quote:
Uh-huh.
Huh?

Quote:
So you won five bucks for being a scumbag.
Yes.

Quote:
And tards that use "y'all" need not accuse others of being rednecks.
Je m'oppose! Why need we not?

Tard: From the word retard, used as an insult to describe someone born with a mental disability, frequently by people too stupid to spell retarded, or unaware of the original term.

Redneck: Mildly offensive term for a lower class white person from the southeastern United States. Derived from manual labourers who worked outside and so received a "red neck" from the sun.

Y'all: A colloquial contraction of the term, "you all," y'all is used primarily in the southeast, but is commonly known throughout the United States and sometimes used outside the region in a joking way, or for emphasis. I am from California, for example, and will sometimes use the slang "ain't," when what I mean, of course, is "is not."
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 01:22 PM       
So basically you came here to troll?
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 01:31 PM       
Quote:
will sometimes use the slang "ain't," when what I mean, of course, is "is not."
Wouldn't that be, "Am not"? I AINT NO REDNECK! I IS NOT A REDNECK! I AM NOT A REDNECK.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 03:47 PM       
What do you mean what kinda' accent is dis? It's a TROLL accent.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 03:48 PM       
I swear jamaican' meh crazy.

Old Aug 8th, 2006, 04:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
I don't know my guess is he was talking about that girl who was raped and killed then her whole family was killed afterwards including a very young child. I don't see how that has anything to do with the story though
I didn't read 'the page' itself, either, though.
thank you for your guessing.

as usual, your guessing hs panned out to total truth in the realm of media... or has it?

i just guessed the chances are that you guessing what the truth is is probably wrong.

good job.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 05:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulturkampf
thank you for your guessing.

as usual, your guessing hs panned out to total truth in the realm of media... or has it?

i just guessed the chances are that you guessing what the truth is is probably wrong.

good job.
Who exactly are you arguing with?

Are you arguing?
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 06:24 PM       
I'm guessing that KiKi is guessing that when khal said "he was talking about that girl who was raped" that he referred to the marine in the story, when it is unclear as to whether he refers to Conus, Corporal Belile, or even someone else, which is anyone's guess.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 07:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
Singing about using a little girl as a human shield is fucking funny, where's you sense of humor guys?
And seriously, can't we just execute these "red necks" already?

I mean, if you don't love al Iraqis, wel then clearly you raped a lot of them, which obviously means we cause terrorism and bad breath.

As Preechr said, we MUST leave.

And btw, Conus is awesome.

Old Aug 9th, 2006, 05:23 AM       
i still won it.