Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Aug 9th, 2006, 12:27 AM        Cynthia McKinney is no longer a congressperson
This probably falls on the radar for a few of you. Living in Atlanta, it's closer for me. Politically, I am divided on the issue: My idealistic side says this is a win for better government... she was ineffectual and a general embarassment for the South... but my cynical side will miss her service as a black eye for the Democrats that so obviously need more loud-mouthed idiots like her as spokeswomen.

Either way, I don't live in the fourth, so I have only a third-person interest.

Sociologically, however, I find this development much more interesting. Despite being endorsed by Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and the NAACP, she was defeated. I can't help but wonder if this isn't a sign that Atlanta is growing up just a bit, shedding it's culture-wave of race-baiting and institutionalized victimhood that Cindy and her family so effectively rode for several decades. Maybe I'm a bound-for-eternal-disappointment-optimist, but I'm always looking for signs that the post MLKjr era is finally beginning to end for the African-American community.

I hope this is one of those signs. I hope this is another baby-step toward real freedom for the segment of our population that has managed to enslave themselves for so long after it was illegal for anyone else to do so.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Aug 9th, 2006, 12:36 AM       
She's scrappy. This is the second time this has happened to her.

The guy they ran against her is a good candidate, and she is crazy.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Aug 9th, 2006, 11:21 AM       
Thank God the mighty power of the lefty blogosphere wasn't brought into the fray. It can make people do anything. Brrrrrrr.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Aug 9th, 2006, 12:45 PM       
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Aug 10th, 2006, 09:27 PM       
Did you hear the Black Panther asshole at her rally? He was saying how the Jews sabotaged her.

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/20...-in-black.html

conus is probably a spambot
Old Aug 11th, 2006, 10:36 PM       
This is what happens in systems that allow the public to decide who governs. You wind up with Cynthia McKinney , George W. Bush and Hamas.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Aug 11th, 2006, 11:00 PM       
...As opposed to Stalin, Kim Jong Il, and various other holly jolly individuals?
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Aug 12th, 2006, 07:13 AM       
democracy is the worst form of government, with the possible exception of all other forms of government. kind of a catch 22.

But luckily McKinney is no longer a congressperson.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Aug 13th, 2006, 10:54 AM       
I don't know about the rest of you, but I find Courage's insights to be invaluable windows into the world around me