Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Oct 3rd, 2004, 01:26 AM        Nukes: Bush's favorite toy
http://www.bushflash.com/nuke.html
http://www.bushflash.com/pl_lo.html

Disturbing, but watch anyway.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Oct 3rd, 2004, 04:54 AM       
Well, we've known about this for a while now. Though I was plenty disturbed when the Bush administration refused to say that they would rule out the use of nukes in the Middle East.

As for the depleted uranium, there's an ostrich mentality going on there that defies any sense of human compassion. On TV, I've seen people taking geiger counters to places in Iraq where tanks have been shot with depleted uranium ammo, and there's massive amounts of radiation left behind, not to mention what the wind sweeps further across the land. All this because the Pentagon likes their bullets heavy. I desperately wish the international community would start investigating America's reckless use of certain weapons and take a stand against. If they need an incentive, it's not like there's only Iraqis and American soldiers trudging through Iraq.

I never like these Flash movies though. They try to woo you with numbers and scary pictures and that makes it little more than propaganda. I'm sure they have a very good point, I'm just not sure if everything they're saying is true. I like the combination of style (ignoring the subject) and music though.
Crying Baby Jesus is probably a spambot
Old Oct 3rd, 2004, 05:02 AM       
I think all the decent people in the US should be shipped up to canada then have the current united states napalmed to hell then wait 50 years then re build it.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Oct 3rd, 2004, 06:14 AM       
Wow that second one is fucking desgusting.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 3rd, 2004, 03:44 PM       
it's fucking true too :/
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 10:18 PM       
I'm horrified. And I thought harlequin fetus was bad

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 11:30 PM       
That's some hella strong wind.

(I said hella!)

DU's some heavy stuff to be blowing around. The fight against DU is essentially an attempt to accomplish the same goal as the fight in support of DU. The main difference is who dies and who lives to fight and how you value the motivations and lives of the parties involved. Either way, I don't think it's very likely that we'll find ourselves in a situation where our tanks are fighting some other country's tanks any time soon, if ever again, so it's sort of a moot point isn't it?

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 10:42 AM       
DU is just stupid to be fucking around with. It's a scientiffic bad alley. But then weapon science almost always is.

Mini nukes and bunker busters because they guarantee an arms race. The US ought to remember tht an arms race destroyed the soviet union and it could do the same for us. Plus it reduces the tiny scrap of credability we have left when we ask others to disarm or seek to stem proliferation.

Non nuclear, but equally stupid is 'star wars missile defense' because no one who actually works on the stuff thinks that it's in any way possible, ever. Fixes to thwart it will always be much cheaper and more easily engineered then any technology breakthrough could make it, AND there are far more secretive cheaper ways to stage a small scale nuclear attack, and small scale is all these star wars even hopes to be useful against in it's wildest dreams. The amount of money we have spent deploying a system prior to making it work could be used for actual homeland defense and create a lot more jobs. Plus, if any group is ever stupid enough to think we're getting somehwere with a 'nuke shield' it's a heavy incentive to 'use it or lose it' as far as whatever they already have.