Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 11:59 AM        We made people disappear
Report: Al Qaeda suspects have 'disappeared'

NEW YORK (AP) -- At least 11 al Qaeda suspects have "disappeared" in U.S. custody, and some may have been tortured, Human Rights Watch said in a report issued Monday.

See, I think it's really, really, really important for us not to cross lines like this, no matter how few times and no matter how bad the bad guys are, no matter how great the risks.

Comments?
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 12:01 PM       
sometimes, the only way you can get them to tell you exactly what you want to hear is by torturing them....
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 12:32 PM       
I gotta go with Cosmo on this one. I think we WANT a government that will do bad things to bad people in order to keep us good folks safe, but we don't want to know it's happening so we don't have to feel responsible.

Well, when I say "we" I don't mean me and Cosmo... as far as I know he might want to watch. I meant we as in all of us civilized people of the West.

Keep in mind, too, that we are in a war and little items like this can always be leaks designed to scare the enemy. It could be that America is actually doing nothing wrong at all and stories like this and Abu Ghraib are concocted and leaked to make the enemy think we're really viscious animals that will stop at nothing to get their goats. Well, they actually have goats, so that was a poor choice of words, I suppose...

In fact, it's possible that all the bad stuff we've heard about Iraq and Afghanistan is just propaganda, designed to lure terrorists to what they think will be an American shooting range but which is really a trap. Maybe Fallujia is actually NOT the Terrorist Disney Land CNN makes it out to be, but instead it's one big sting operation. Maybe THAT's why Bush is so happy with Iraq!

It all makes sense now... Our soldiers really were greeted as liberators, and everything has gone swimmingly ever since. American Marines are probably stationed at every border crossing, effectively sealing Iraq off from intruders and capturing foreign terrorists by the truckload as we speak!

Wow. I feel sooooo much better.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!

Stark is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2004, 05:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preechr
I gotta go with Cosmo on this one. I think we WANT a government that will do bad things to bad people in order to keep us good folks safe, but we don't want to know it's happening so we don't have to feel responsible.

Well, when I say "we" I don't mean me and Cosmo... as far as I know he might want to watch. I meant we as in all of us civilized people of the West.

Keep in mind, too, that we are in a war and little items like this can always be leaks designed to scare the enemy. It could be that America is actually doing nothing wrong at all and stories like this and Abu Ghraib are concocted and leaked to make the enemy think we're really viscious animals that will stop at nothing to get their goats. Well, they actually have goats, so that was a poor choice of words, I suppose...

In fact, it's possible that all the bad stuff we've heard about Iraq and Afghanistan is just propaganda, designed to lure terrorists to what they think will be an American shooting range but which is really a trap. Maybe Fallujia is actually NOT the Terrorist Disney Land CNN makes it out to be, but instead it's one big sting operation. Maybe THAT's why Bush is so happy with Iraq!

It all makes sense now... Our soldiers really were greeted as liberators, and everything has gone swimmingly ever since. American Marines are probably stationed at every border crossing, effectively sealing Iraq off from intruders and capturing foreign terrorists by the truckload as we speak!

Wow. I feel sooooo much better.
haha you are teh stupid
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2004, 06:18 PM       
I believe that it's called irony. I know, it's hard to read over the internets.

Wherever you go, there you are.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2004, 09:00 PM       
Finally! SOMEBODY understands when I'm joking!

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!