Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 02:28 PM        Meeshtur Mockuhree
I ordered Matrix Revolutions, and you said you wanted to know what I thought.

I'm very mixed on it. On one hand, it almost didn't even feel like a Matrix movie, and it DEFINITELY didn't feel like the second half of Reloaded like they set it up to be. The battle for Zion was interesting for a few moments, but then just got incredibly boring. How long can you just sit and watch mechs shooting little yellow lights at a spiral of squids? And while they focused on that, they would be ignoring other parts of the story for long periods at a time.

Agent Smith making it into the real world was a majorly missed opportunity to take the story in a much better direction. He just ended up never feeling like a threat at all in this movie or Reloaded. He's just kind of there, making copies of himself, and fighting Neo endlessly, because they're equally matched. And the flying/fight scene was just... blah. As one person put it, instead of being wowed by the action, you instead wonder what a new Superman movie would be like with this kind of technology.

And Merovingian and Persephone got screwed. They were the most fun new characters in Reloaded, and here they're just two putzes hanging out in a fetish club. Persephone only fucking says one line, for Christ's sake. And the new Oracle sucked. And I don't understand the point of having that family of programs. They didn't really serve any purpose, other than to tell a little bit about Matrix's "limbo," but it didn't fucking matter.

It was just a very different movie, and the direction of the story was just really shitty. They could have done so much more with it, but it all just kind of fell flat. As a movie, it's probably slightly better than Reloaded, because it's not filled with all the philosophical shit about choice (but instead, we get no insight at all). But it's a much bigger disappointment than Reloaded, mainly because I was hoping for a better end to the trilogy.

And a certain death scene went on for so fucking long, I was begging for the person to just die already, instead of feeling any sort of sadness for their death. And considering the bad storytelling from the last two movies, you weren't given any reason to care about them anyway, partly because you hardly remember they're in the film.

They should never have killed off Mouse in the first movie. He could have taken over for the character of the annoying kid, too.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 02:44 PM       
Heh figures...

Merovingian definitely deserved more screentime, no doubt about that. That was my first complaint about the film (right after the bad "happy ending") Persephone was nothing more than a "look at me and my big boobs! :o" character though, so I'm glad she was hardly in the film.

Smith was easily at his best in this film though, I love how he just becomes completely power-crazy and acts way over the top at times. And that final battle scene was just plain fun. It's also the one of the prettiest scenes to look at. I just love the colors of everything, and the rain is perfect... it was definitely worth the time they took to get the rain just right. Made the van-dammesque final showdown with the big bad guy all the more entertaining for me.

Speaking of Smith, I thought the guy who Smith toko control of in the real world actually did a pretty damned good impersonation of Hugo.

What'd you think of the CGI in this one anyway?
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 03:33 PM       
Yeah, the Smith/Neo fight was pretty good, but it just seemed kind of pointless. After every encounter before it between them, it just doesn't top them. I actually think what they SHOULD have done, was had Neo fight the Smith copies as the final fight, rather than having it in Reloaded. It would definitely have had more impact.

And the CG was pretty good too. The only complaint I had was a very unnatual-looking Smith during the flying fight segment.

And yeah, the guy who did the Smith impersonation did an incredible job. Was it Hugo dubbing over him, or was it actually the actor's actual voice?
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 10:07 PM       
Thae Flying fight reminded me of DBZ and sourd it for me
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jun 13th, 2004, 08:21 AM       
i just watched matrix revolution for the first time last night. aside from the plot, it is an amazing film. i enjoyed it more than i did with matrix reloaded. but one thing i'm certain is that nothing will ever top the first matrix film.

one question, though. why was the oracle being played by a different actress in revolution? whatever happened to the original oracle?? did she pass away or what???
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 13th, 2004, 08:44 AM       
She died. But instead of just keeping her out of the last movie, they recast her. That would have been fine, if the Oracle had ANY point in the last film, that they would have needed the character.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jun 13th, 2004, 12:00 PM       
The choice is yours to make the choice that you have already made.

That movie was fucked up
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jun 13th, 2004, 01:28 PM       
it was a trainwreck of a trilogy
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 03:41 PM       
But I'm Neo. Quizilla told me so.

You are Neo, from "The Matrix."
You display a perfect fusion of heroism and
compassion.
What Matrix Persona Are You?

In regards to the Oracle though, I thought it was pretty obvious that she was supposed to be in the last movie for a reason and while the original Oracle was definitely better, that new lady still did a pretty good job. But filling the original one's shoes was a damned hard thing to do since she was one of the coolest things about the trilogy.

Here... have a cookie and I promise you'll feel as right as rain.