Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Dec 4th, 2003, 11:50 PM        First gig
My band, Baseless, played our first show yesterday. It was an acoustic showcase put on by the campus radio station, and we (a hard rock group) were up alongside five singer-songwriters. We played a four song set with three originals and one cover (Audioslave - I Am a Highway).

And it really sucked. I never play acoustic guitar, and I only had four days to get ready for the show, so my fingers killed - aside from the actual missed notes, I just sounded like clumsy shit on the instrument. And since it was just me, a hand drum, and vocals, it should've been pretty easy for everyone to notice.

Fortunately, I had to give up the board to someone else for our set (I was running sound for the event too) and he mixed the drum way too high so it totally drowned me out - from the speakers, the audience must only have been able to hear the eight or nine real mistakes I made, so my dignity is a little bit less destroyed. And we were recording straight from the board, so all four of our tracks on the tape are really crappy so I can throw them out and no one will be able to hear them.

Just thought y'all might like to know. When we do a real show (with electric guitar, drums, and a full-length set) I'll post mp3s so you can all tell me how much you hate my music.

PS. If anyone actually wants to hear one of our songs or our Audioslave rendition at this point, let me know.