Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 10:27 PM        More Horrifying Love Stories!
Helm made a thread that would become internet gold almost two years ago. It's in thread backups if you're interested.

But two years have passed and even MORE horrifyingly true love stories have unfolded right before our very lives! It's time to contribute to the good of the board and keep a tradition going!

I'll start!!

Okay, so, if you read the old thread, I had this crazy girlfriend all the way in Massachusettes who was a really cool person but totally not my type, right? So um, after that whole escapade, we distance from each other for about a year and then she just randomly IMs me one day. We just start talking politely and I remember how smart and funny she can be, sometimes, sometimes. In a 2AM message on my home phone, she says something in a drunken haze about wanting to be with me again, even though there's distance. I don't drink or smoke, so I laugh it off, think of her as a lush, and go to bed happy.

We keep talking and I inexplicably deem it a good idea to visit her, all the way up in MA, for a week. She says I can't sleep in her house, so I say alright, I'll sleep in my car. I tell my parents I'm going on a trip with my friend and his family, and they say okay have fun without ever speaking with the family. I get in my big blue '93 Toyota Pickup and make a surprisingly short drive up to her place.

I get lost and she meets me at a local supermarket. We drop my truck off at her house, which I instantly remember and she tells me I have to hide my truck, because her parents aren't supposed to know I'm there. I don't know why, but I say okay and get in her car.

A few minutes of REALLY weird conversation and she tells me we're going to pick up her gay friend Phil. Now I have nothing against gay people, but I can't stand chronic whiners which is totally what this guy is. We end up spending the whole three days I'm up there WITH HIM AROUND ALL THE TIME, me feeling out of place and unwanted.

Worst of all, they're really, really unfunny. Usually I can just chortle off a few rounds to humor someone but these two with their laughing and kicking and a-hootin'-a-hollerin', I get fed up and just sort of remain quiet. The whole time I'm "hanging out" with these two, only because I'm saving the gas in my car, they're constantly asking "WHAT'S WRONG? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU? YOU'RE QUIET. WHAT'S WRONG?" and I try as hard as I can to mumble out a polite "nothing i'm okay" and they just continue on.

One night they decide to drink in her basement. They invite me along, only because I have nothing else to do in Asshole, Massachusettes so I oblige and she tries to make out with me but I hate making out with drunk girls because their skin is all warm and their eyes do this weird thing and i hate the smell of it and i don't drink so i don't know. So I sort of just shove her off the whole night, and then go and sleep in my truck at the end of the night.

A few days later I'm really, really sick of this whole not being wanted, spending all day with this two raging idiots deal. I decide to go back home early and she tries to kiss me goodbye and I just turn my head and like the Marlboro Man, climb into my pickup truck and ride off into the sunset.

You'd think it'd be a happy story, but, I was young and naive and my father hadn't taught me to properly take care of a car yet. Somewhere in Connecticut, my hood blows up on I-95; I can't see anything but the smoke blowing all around my windows and some green stuff blowing out of my car. I have no idea what it is. I manage to get off the highway before dying and try to repair it myself. I call my dad, a mechanic, and no-one picks up, so I decide to BE A MAN and take matters into my own hands.

I can only drive the car a few miles at a time, so I stop at every autoshop in the whole city, and they're all closed up before 3 PM, and it's 4, so I'm fucked. Eventually I push my car to a Pep Boys and they look at it and yeah, my engine blew up.

Long story short, we strip the truck and abandon it, I stay at a local Days Inn alone for the longest night of my life, my father has to drive 12 hours up and back to pick me up from Connecticut and I lose the only car that I've ever really wanted, all for these two bellowing morons and an expectation that people never change.

Now she still tries to talk to me and I remember that I couldn't even really be her FRIEND, much less a love interest, and I kinda chat back politely but in the back of my mind, I'm thinking, Oh my God I fucking hate you.
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Nov 4th, 2006, 01:05 PM       
I don't have anything to really add to this thread, I just enjoyed reading it. Totally shitty though man, sorry to hear about your truck. Did you get another one?
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Nov 4th, 2006, 01:40 PM       
I'm curious, why did the engine blow up?
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Nov 4th, 2006, 02:10 PM       
If I was a judge I would award you fuel money and a blow job from the gay guy for your troubles.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Nov 5th, 2006, 02:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundtest
I don't have anything to really add to this thread, I just enjoyed reading it. Totally shitty though man, sorry to hear about your truck. Did you get another one?
I really want another truck, but went for three months without a car before going nuts. I settled in a $2,000 Ford Probe (which is admittedly a girl's car, but my dad and I are natural hagglers and got the price down to $1,600). I someday wish to have another '93 Toyota Pickup like that one, or ANYTHING with a manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
I'm curious, why did the engine blow up?
I just got the car that last Christmas, and it was an old truck, which made it harder. My dad used to drive me in that truck when I was five or six years old, going up to West Virginia and I'd fall asleep in it, so I had extra emotional attachment. Anyway, he never really showed me how to take care of it and every time I'd tell him something was going wrong, he'd just give it a once-over and never think about it again, even though he's a mechanic.

On my way to visit Chojin once, the roof of the truck flew up on a crowded highway. I tied it back on with rope and some velcro strips. I never really thought to look at the meters, so it just overheated. I'm still not very knowledgeable about cars but I know it had something to do with a blown head gasket, something that would take thousands of dollars to repair apparently. I know it's mostly my fault but, honestly, as the son of a mechanic, you'd think I'd be more versed in the wizardry of automotive mechanics. He never showed me, my truck blew up and now I have a shitty little girl car with an automatic transmission.

I also forgot to add in my story that one of the nights I slept in my truck, a police officer confronted me. He tapped on the glass while I was asleep, scaring the crap out of me, and asked me what I was doing. I was able to think of something right on the spot (something about her house being "family" and I got there too late so they locked me out) so he didn't do anything, and I just drove away for about an hour and then came back and slept some more. I sleep with my shirt off though so I'm sure it looked weird :=

Anyway, I kinda wanted other people's stories ;(
adept_ninja is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 05:07 PM       
I dont have a new one to add but I think my story in the last thread with my crazy ass ex asked how to keep skin moist so she could keep it on the wall took the cake.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 05:39 AM       
I have had two girlfriends who had fantasies of me raping them, like a real rape fantasy with punching and everything. Just happened to be two of my longest relationships too.
adept_ninja is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 02:14 PM       
alot of women have that for some reason. Ugh reminds me of this nasty dyke who sat next to me in German and told me everything she did with her boyfriend. She explained to me that the "rape thing" was getting boring to her....gross bitch.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 05:04 PM       
To me having a rape fantasy is like having an fat fantasy. What a fucking insult.
GeneticRevolution is probably a spambot
Old Nov 11th, 2006, 03:21 AM       
I’ve been pretty lucky with relationships so far, though there was this one where I suffered two anxiety attacks because of the guy. Well, I don’t think it counts, as we were not so much going out as much as he was stalking me. Still horrifying though.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Nov 11th, 2006, 03:54 AM       
You sure are lady luck!

snowwhite is probably a spambot
Old Nov 11th, 2006, 01:50 PM       
the truck blowing up reminds me of my ex-boyfriend. He drove a toyota 4-runner that he loved more than anything... and on a trip to visit his ex-girlfriend (to cheat on me) the engine threw a rod at 11:30pm and he had to walk something like 20 miles into Medford OR. Karma's a bitch...