Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Charming
Dr. V is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 02:19 AM        My cat has fleas!
Hence, I have fleas! MAKE THEM GO AWAY!
Mocker
Mike is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 03:58 AM       
I got rid of my cat's fleas with diatomaceous earth. Just make sure that your cat doesn't breathe the stuff. Breathing it is very bad because it dries out everything it touches and you don't want to get it in the lungs. It's a naturally occuring sedimentary rock powder. When it comes in contact with the fleas it sucks the liquid out of their bodies and they die of dehydration.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 10:31 AM       
A dog we adopted had fleas and ticks for a long time. We had to use overpriced medicine, which only partially worked, for months. In the meantime, our house and yard became infested by the little vermin.

So basically, the Daotomato Earth stuff sounds like a pretty good suggestion from my perspective.
zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 12:49 PM       
i know it sounds like a chore, but flea bombing your house is the only way to go i've found

or:

you know what to do
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 01:06 PM       
I use a product called Frontline, it's not dangerous to the cat, but you should wash your hands after touching the chemical cause you don't wanna swallow it

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 01:18 PM       
My parents use this thing which is like a light you put on the floor and underneath it it has a sticky poisonous surface. I guess fleas are dumb like moths because they all seem to want to jump right on in and get killed.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 02:32 PM       
i just use those flea colars you buy from stores, but we've never had a serious problem with fleas...

they also have flea baths, i think that's what they use at groomers..
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 03:08 PM       
We use Revolution (Selamectin). You spray it on the back of your cat's head, and then your cats wanders off, comes back a hour later, and tricks you into petting him so that you wind up with a hand that smells like turpentine.

Still, it seems to keep the fleas away.

Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 05:41 PM       
I beat my cat until it understands that I don't like fleas and it decides not to have them anymore.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 08:04 PM       
What you should do is get some warm water and special kitty shampoo. Then get a cup and fill it up along with a sink or bath tub. Pour the water on your kittys head and back and then put it in the tub full of water. The should drown alot of them. Then put on the special kitty shampoo and that should make alot if not all of them go bye bye. At least thats what I did. AND IT WORKED. YAY.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 09:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
I got rid of my cat's fleas with diatomaceous earth. Just make sure that your cat doesn't breathe the stuff. Breathing it is very bad because it dries out everything it touches and you don't want to get it in the lungs. It's a naturally occuring sedimentary rock powder. When it comes in contact with the fleas it sucks the liquid out of their bodies and they die of dehydration.
I learned in Zoology class that diatomaceous earth is formed from the empty bodies of fossilized diatoms and that it is mainly used as an abrasive, which is why toothpaste has that gritty feeling. I didn't know it dehydrates things, though. All of my cats never had fleas.
MY DAD
MrAdventure is probably a real personMrAdventure is probably a real person
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 11:43 PM       
the treatment you choose should depend on a few things, such as the climate (fleas just for summer or most of the year?) and the intensity of infestation, along with consideration of the cat's age/health/weight/indoor or outdoor/etc

i recommend those frontline// advantage // revolution style (do not buy the cheaper versions, they are utter rubbishy shit) treatments if you've experienced multiple flea episodes or if the infestation grows beyond just the cats getting bitten (which will happen easily if untreated, flea eggs do not stick to surfaces, rolling off into the carpet and furniture PLUS they have the ability to remain dormant for very very long periods of time if no food sources are detected)

another bonus of the application of the lethal hair coating (which should remain in effect ~1 month) is that the fleas will usually prefer the cat to the people, which pulls an auschwitz style roundup, removing the menace entirely as they are killed before being able to reproduce, sparing you from having to carpet bomb or call an exterminator

sorry for going all jeanette x yall if you cant tell i've had fleas
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 03:44 AM       
the only loved one to pass away in my entire life was my 15 year old cat, seminole. it was like the first family member to die. and she had fleas. for 15 years. she lived outside, and i'm sure her and her fleas had great adventures together. oh, how I miss seminole.

i hear cats without fleas dont have adventures

(i posted this before reading the above mr adventure post, which I found to be hilarious. because, his name IS mr adventure and he's had fleas. pretty funky eh?)
Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 04:54 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldasbiggestfan
Pour the water on your kittys head and back and then put it in the tub full of water.
i would like to see you try that with my cat.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill
The same reason I don't hit kids, i'm not 100% sure thier mine.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 11:41 AM       
"Pour the water on your kittys head and back and then put it in the tub full of water."

lol the last time we did that to my cat we had to hold him by his scruff while he danced around like a marionette.
The Selfish Gene Hunter
Crimson Ghost is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 12:52 PM       
My cat's breath smells like cat food.
Zen444 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 06:03 PM       
You know what you have to do.

Kill yourself.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 07:59 PM       
WACKY.
Charming
Dr. V is probably a spambot
Old Nov 9th, 2006, 12:48 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen444
You know what you have to do.

Kill yourself.
I'm starting to think that's my only option.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Nov 9th, 2006, 03:44 AM       
Advantage is what I use. Its expensive as hell, but works wonders.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 10:29 AM       
rub your crotch on the cat so they migrate onto your crotchulent hairs and then you can do like, the wave