Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 12:43 PM        Somalia Islams to stone 5 rapists to death
MOGADISHU (Reuters) - Somalia's newly powerful Islamists on Monday said they will stone to death five rapists, in what some fear is the latest sign of a plan to install a hardline Islamic regime like Afghanistan's Taliban.

http://go.reuters.com/newsArticle.jh...rc=ActiveBuddy

I'm all for the idea of stoning the rapists, but to death...? That's a bit of a stretch, but I think the system will work.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 01:43 PM       
Yeah, but see, the problem with people like that is, it's their answer to everything.

Like, say, a chick who gets knocked up outside of wedlock. They'll stone her, too. And I can see their point, 'cause that's totally like rape.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 01:46 PM        Re: Somalia Islams to stone 5 rapists to death
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggy
I'm all for the idea of stoning the rapists, but to death...? That's a bit of a stretch, but I think the system will work.

cherry is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 02:05 PM       
the religion is Islam- the people are Muslims. NOT ISLAMS.
idiot. You may use the word Islamist to indicate that you are talking about political and religious fundamentalists and to distinguish from the many millions of Muslims who follow a religion of equality and unity under god.

assalamo allaikum brother.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 02:21 PM       
you would think a deaf guy would have better writing skills!
say what now?
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 02:43 PM       
This has nothing to do with religion or politics. Its about capital punishment.

Last year there were 46 beheadings executing mainly murderers, rapists, robbers in Saudi Arabia. So far this year there has been only 2. See...the system works!
say what now?
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 02:46 PM       
Oh by the way i support death penalty...
Mocker
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 03:04 PM       
Another reason to dislike you.

See Ziggy, you're not alone in the "let's not tie this into religion" camp! You have GEGGY!

I mean, if judgement linked to Sharia law has nothing to do with religion, than I guess you're right, Geggs.

Also, I love how Geggy totally just condoned stonings, and what caught you guys was his preferred nomenclature.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 03:23 PM       
Can we just ban registration for all screen names ending in "ggy" ? Let's cut that family tree off at the roots.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 04:18 PM       
Robert Zimmerman was not referring to drugs when he said "Everybody must get stoned."
say what now?
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 04:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore
Quote:
Is this a popularity contest or something?

And, here we go again with the islamphobia rhetoric crap coming out of your mouth.

I just happen to agree with their method of punishment. It shows that they don't take murders, rapes, or any other equally serious crimes lightly. How do you think we should treat the convicts, kevin, with cotton candy and a free ride in the merry go round? It can also be relieving for the victim to express outrage towards their culprits by stoning them, it's almost symbolic.

I also especially like saudi arabia's way, with a sword.
Mocker

Old Jun 26th, 2006, 05:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggy
It can also be relieving for the victim to express outrage towards their culprits by stoning them, it's almost symbolic.
Now I'm totally certain Geggy is a joke account.
Um, Geggy?.....

Women are treated second class under these laws.
Teenage girls have been stoned just for dancing in Pakistan.
Teenage girls have been sentenced to death for being the VICTIMS of rape.

Anyway, aren't you the one who thinks beheadings are staged by the United States government. That makes Rumsfeld like totally rad then.
Mocker
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 06:01 PM       
Quote:
See Ziggy, you're not alone in the "let's not tie this into religion" camp! You have GEGGY!
Meet KevinTheOmnivore, diametric opposite of a relativist. If I say X is not 100% of the picture Kevin can shrewdly decude that I must believe X is 0% of the picture!

So man, is your head so far up your own ass that anytime someone disagrees with one thing you believe, you think they disagree with everything you believe? I know you're more enlightened than that.
Mocker
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 10:24 PM       
Thanks for the vote of confidence, princess.

So hey, what are your thoughts on the Saudi justice system???

Be careful, you DO NOT want to say the wrong thing and come across as "Islamophobic"

btw, Geggy, please post more often. I adore you.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2006, 05:40 AM       
How the fuck does Geggy not have his own sticky quote thread yet? This thread totally calls for it!

Geggy I like you even though I don't believe in most of the 9/11 conspiracy information i read from you but please do yourself a favor and read up on the Middle East's use of stonings before you start showing your support for them. It really isn't as just as you think it is.

And Geggy, why don't you think rapists deserve death? Even the Nazis considered rape to be the one thing there was no justification for(not that they followed this or anything). I'd rather be murdered than raped thats for sure.
Mocker
Old Jun 27th, 2006, 05:42 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
Robert Zimmerman was not referring to drugs when he said "Everybody must get stoned."
Come on Max. You know if Vince or that crazy drunk in south korea said anything that geggy just said you'd be having a field day in their honor. Make me laugh Max! Geggy couldn't make it any easier for you guys I don't think.
Mocker
Old Jun 27th, 2006, 05:47 AM       
'It shows that they don't take murders, rapes, or any other equally serious crimes lightly.'

Equally serious crimes such as changing one's religion to something other than Islam, adultery, sex out of wedlock, homosexuality, speaking out agaisnt the current leadership, and countless other equally serious crimes.
Mocker
Old Jun 27th, 2006, 06:01 AM       
In September, reuters reported the story of an Iranian man, 'defending my honor, family, and dignity,' who cut off his seven year daughter's head after suspecting she had been raped by her uncle. The postmortem showed the girl to be a virgin.

Bust.

According to the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, every day two women are slain by male relatives seeking to avenge the family's honor.

An article I read brought up a good point. Where the fuck is all the feminsist outrage about the current treatment of Muslim women in the Middle East? Or are they too busy promoting the vagina monologues in your local high school and demanding their be a women's lacross team even though their isn't demand(or supply of female students) within the school for it.
Mocker

Old Jun 27th, 2006, 07:42 AM       
Cliterectomy rocks!
Mocker
Old Jun 27th, 2006, 09:44 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant10708
An article I read brought up a good point. Where the fuck is all the feminsist outrage about the current treatment of Muslim women in the Middle East?
A broader question is what happened to the liberal desire for freedom and liberty?

Modern Democrats seem to get uppity when you call them isolationists (even isolationists support trade, guys), but if you had to find the Wilsonian nation builders in American politcs, it ain't the Democrats.

There's also the hyper-sensitivity that stemmed partly from the 60's and the New Left. Liberals stopped looking outward and started looking inward. Note, there's nothing wrong with that, but I believe it has made us p.c. jackasses.

So something that once might have seemed like common sense (women who get stoned for having sex is bad) all of a sudden becomes a discussion of cultural relativity. And don't dare judge! Once you judge you better be prepared to deal with your own demons, and here comes the native Americans!!!
Mocker
Old Jun 27th, 2006, 02:18 PM       
Psh, I can judge whomever I want. Killing a woman for the 'crime' of being raped is like burning someone's house down because they were burgularized.

So what do we do about it? What should we do about it? Being outraged by it isn't enough, but invading and attempting to convert people to our way of thinking might not be the right thing to do from a purely pragmatic view. :/
Mocker
Old Jun 27th, 2006, 02:28 PM       
black ops.

Or, we could keep doing what we allegedly were doing, and that's financing warlords there to fight the Islams*.

*political and religious fundamentalists, not to be confused with the many millions of Muslims who follow a religion of equality and unity under god.
Mocker

Old Jun 27th, 2006, 04:43 PM       
the fundamental problem isn't our methodology in trying to change world fascism, because hey amrikans already are the most fascist of all, right? the problem is how within certain circles, it's become sexy and acceptable to condone fascism, as long as it's third world, and can be embraced a the struggle of a powerless downtrodden people. forget that we're talking about a huge chunk of an entire contenant, which is the source of most of the worlds natural resources.
Mocker
Old Jun 27th, 2006, 05:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdxxxx
the problem is how within certain circles, it's become sexy and acceptable to condone fascism, as long as it's third world, and can be embraced a the struggle of a powerless downtrodden people.
what a fascinating assertion you have there. and it compliments your rhetoric without being just too guady. good form!
Mocker
Old Jun 27th, 2006, 05:31 PM       
ok.