Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old May 29th, 2008, 01:34 PM       
What would you guys do without me!
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 29th, 2008, 01:35 PM       
Fuck babies, probably.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old May 29th, 2008, 01:41 PM       
I'll do it:

Spoilers!

So yea, FLCL's pretty rad.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 29th, 2008, 01:50 PM       
I knew all that, save a few small bits; it's but a six episode series. I'm tired of seeing it. I really am. Your girlfriend will love anything to deal with FLCL, Grislygus.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old May 29th, 2008, 03:13 PM       
Hang on a minute here, from what I understand, this Miyazaki guy has made the artsy flicks that girls like, with the howl's moving castle and princess fucking watanabe or whatever. I know for a fact that she's into that.

Now, my little brother has filled me in on this Fooley Cooley show, which apparently has intense sexual undertones, insane bullshit, more insane bullshit, and lots and lots of violence. I'm not getting why this would not freak the hell out of a sheltered home schooled girl.

That fushigi show seems like she would like it, though, lots of girly crap, but I really do not want to spend over fifty dollars on a cartoon. I've ordered this "Tales from Earthsea" thing as a backup, but no telling if the third party seller will get it here in time. She's into the whole fantasy thing, is that Nasica thing GW's always talking about in the ballpark?
has a woody
Old May 29th, 2008, 03:43 PM       
Well fuck, FLCL isn't that bad, but if you need something that safe, then Howl's Movie Castle and Princess Mononoke are fine and critically acclaimed.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 29th, 2008, 03:49 PM       
Yes FLCL is that bad. Stop defending it so hard and face it. It isn't for everyone. I love FLCL but the sexual tones are too much for Gus's hussy.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old May 29th, 2008, 04:00 PM       
You could try showing her Yotsuba&. That one's funny, and I believe it's fairly safe.

His & Her Circumstances is another good romantic comedy-type show that shouldn't really have anything that will upset your girlfriend's delicate sensibilities.

And also, your summation of FLCL is correct. Don't bother with it.

frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 29th, 2008, 04:39 PM       
I assumed any Anime fan worth their salt would love FLCL. She's not really a fan if she's the sheltered Christian girl. She better be hot, Grisly, or she's not worth the pursuit.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old May 29th, 2008, 05:28 PM       
Meh, FLCL is too stylized and wacky for me. Plus, I didn't really think it was that funny.

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 29th, 2008, 05:43 PM       
gristlygus why are you after sheltered xtian anime fans, are you jon clement now
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old May 29th, 2008, 07:15 PM       
I hope not. Normally people who are that into Japanese culture annoy the hell out of me, but for some reason it's just adorable that she is.

I feel like a patronizing piece of shit
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 29th, 2008, 07:20 PM       
Is this forbidden love? Is it the best?
Ancient Mariner
Old May 29th, 2008, 07:36 PM       
If I wanted "forbidden love", I'd have gone for the chubby, illiterate trailer trap who worked at the Burger King across from the college.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old May 30th, 2008, 01:49 AM       
i like howl's moving castle :o
ROCK ON
Mr.Hoopla is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2008, 10:51 PM       
Lupin III is always good. Mix bugs bunny and james bond and voila'! you got Lupin.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 31st, 2008, 11:15 PM       
Don't get Lupin. That is a horrible suggestion.
BlackHexen is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2008, 04:50 AM       
Kill that slut. She is just stupid. Liking Japan only because there comes few good cartoon-series. She deserves death. In Japan people hates nerds more than in west. Work is way too important to them. I know! Buy to her a trip to the Japan. When she see how shitty country it is, she gets normal and itäs more funnier to you to be with her.
has a woody
Old Jun 1st, 2008, 12:08 PM       
I dunno. Lupin's pretty funny for such an old cartoon.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2008, 03:18 PM       
Go take her to see Speed Racer. I also like BlackHexen's idea... the trip to Japan part, not the murder part.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jun 1st, 2008, 03:20 PM       
Anything by Miyamoto. They're all well-animated and girls love them. Princess Mononoke is the only one I really like personally though :<
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 1st, 2008, 04:21 PM       
uh
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 1st, 2008, 04:23 PM       
Actually, Princess Mononoke would be a fantastic movie if Miyamoto directed it

MAMA MIA! ASHITAKA, YOU GOTTA DA DEMON CURSE!
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 1st, 2008, 10:08 PM       
I wish I was cursed. Then I could slice off a man's head with an arrow.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 04:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
I dunno. Lupin's pretty funny for such an old cartoon.
Yes, it is a great and funny cartoon, but again, the sexual tone (and it is extreme in this case) is what he is staying away from. Come on guys... we are trying to hook up a crazy gore driven madman with an innocent doe eyed Christian girl.

We can do this! But he must lure her to the dark side slowly, not blind side her with anime panties!