Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old Jul 20th, 2003, 01:49 AM        OMFG Iron Chef USA!!!
Usually I watch Iron Chef every week, but tonight was the one night I didn't. I only saw the second half. They played an Americanized version of the show! It was completely different, with different chefs and people and there was only one japanese person. They even had a chairman like they did on the Japanese version. And, omfg, do you know who played the part of Chairman Kaga?

WILLIAM SHATNER.

It was the best fucking thing ever. There's an Iron Chef American (lol), Bruce Vilanche was one of the judges (lol), and one of the chefs has a Japanese name (lol).

The copyright information at the end of the credits though said 2001, and Food Network advertised the show as "playing every week in summer," so it's my guess that only 6 episodes were made during the peak of Iron Chef's popularity in the US (2001), but they tested badly or some network executive came to his fucking senses and realized that the show is awful.

It's on next week too! Saturday, at 10pm eastern! Shatner dressed like a gay bull fighter!

:hat
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Jul 20th, 2003, 01:51 AM       
yeah, i remember seeing the commercials for the pilot a long time ago. jamesman was unpleasantly surprsied by it today as well.
Old Jul 20th, 2003, 01:56 AM       
The thing I loved most about the japanese version of the show was how serious it was. Everyone acted like it was the biggest fucking deal on the planet. You'd think the chefs were trying to disarm nuclear bombs, while in reality all they're doing is mixing fish with rice, seaweed, and hot bean paste.

William Shatner takes it too seriously, but other than that they were having way too much fun with it. Everything Bruce Vilanche said (that wasn't edited out) was a really awful joke that barely made sense and couldn't possibly have been found funny by anybody, no matter what the excuse. The other judges were all d-list celebrities like him though. I think the guy from Party of Five was there lol.

And the announcers were wearing yellow blazers like the announcers on Monday Night Football used to wear, and they called it like it was a football game. And they didn't even try to be funny. Cunts.
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
Old Jul 20th, 2003, 02:32 PM       
I'm the only person who cares about Iron Chef.

Zero Signal is probably a spambot
Old Jul 20th, 2003, 03:32 PM       
Bobby Flay made a total fool of himself on BOTH of the Iron Chef specials with him in them.
Location: 6 inches from the computer screen. LOL. :rollseyes:
Secret Agent Vomit is probably a spambot
Old Jul 20th, 2003, 05:53 PM       
I remember seeing Iron Chef USA on UPN a few years ago. I think it was a test run or something, and it didn't last very long (obviously).

I don't remember much about it other than the fact that it wasn't as good as the Japanese version. Oh, and William Shatner. LOL. He did a good job.

MentalStaples is probably a spambot
Old Jul 20th, 2003, 09:55 PM       
it was horrible. i only saw part of it but the whole thing was just so stupid. they used all this flashy stuff to make it look impressive but it sucked.
Old Jul 20th, 2003, 10:25 PM       
If you only saw part of it, then you don't really know if the whole thing sucked or not, do you?

- Outerspacekid
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Jul 21st, 2003, 02:52 AM       
so this is a show about cooking?
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jul 21st, 2003, 12:09 PM       
I MUST SEE THIS.
Daphne is probably a spambot
Old Jul 21st, 2003, 04:27 PM       
Iron Chef is one of my favorite shows, I wish we got the US one up here, but I'm worried that they won't be as good.

MentalStaples is probably a spambot
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 09:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Waste
If you only saw part of it, then you don't really know if the whole thing sucked or not, do you?

I didnt miss very much. I only missed a few minutes. I just didnt like the idea. I like regular Iron Chef because it is actually about cooking and the fact that they take it so seriously makes some of the lines funny. The lines by the ditzy actress judges are especially humorus. Iron Chef USA just didnt appeal to me but if you like it... then enjoy it while you can.
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 09:27 PM       
I don't LIKE it, it sucks, but it has WILLIAM FUCKING SHATNER in it, as Chairman Kaga! If someone was to ask me who I think should play Chairman Kaga in an Americanized version of Iron Chef, I can't even think of anyone nearly as perfect for that role as William Shatner. William Shatner makes it worth watching, as usually is the case with the Shat.

And Sadie, if you've never seen Iron Chef, it's like a combination of a cooking show and a game show, except there are no prizes, and everyone takes it waaaaaaaay too seriously.
- Outerspacekid
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 09:32 PM       
When is it on and what channel ?
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 09:47 PM       
The Food Network at 10pm eastern on Saturday

I'm going to buy an Iron Chef t-shirt
- Outerspacekid
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 11:58 PM       
thanks. one day when i have cable, i'll have to check it out.