Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jun 13th, 2008, 03:41 PM       
GTA2 takes place in (I shit you not) "Anywhere City", presumably next to Some Place Town and Middle-Of-Nowhere-berg.

It's semantics, sure, but it's my semantics
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 13th, 2008, 07:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
Mother 64 was just going to be Mother 3, anyway.

I'm actually glad it's had more time to cook, it looks fantastic.

The preview I had in my gamepro from ten years ago had the entire cast of Mother 2 returning as playable chars.

After playing through Earthbound again I began to question some things. I used to play the game a lot when I was younger, especially overnights without the lights on.

After using the PSI attacks on the replay recently I don't know how I never got epilepsy from this game.
Forum Virgin
HellBeast is probably a spambot
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 09:24 AM       
Although I don't own a Wii I've had fun playing at my friends. But I wouldn't go out and buy one or anything. It's like with their games you play through them, maybe again on another difficulty and then thats it. Personally I need to buy games that I know I can play for 80+ hours and still go back to it in maybe a year or so.
Forum Virgin
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 09:25 AM       
lol And i know kust saying that dosent make much sense but that has been bugging me for a while and i needed to get it out of my system.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 01:19 PM       
I haven't really played any console games recently. I think I'm edging back into my movies over games phase. I still play PC games, though.

Also, I've sworn myself off buying another console game until I move out of this hell-hole. I'm not having another game broken or stolen.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 03:42 PM       
Quote:
It's like with their games you play through them, maybe again on another difficulty and then thats it.
Uh, isn't that what every single game ever made is like
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 04:24 PM       
i guess he means that they don't have replay value otherwise

but
has a woody
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 08:05 PM       
Yea, he's talking about replay value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellBeast View Post
Although I don't own a Wii I've had fun playing at my friends. But I wouldn't go out and buy one or anything. It's like with their games you play through them, maybe again on another difficulty and then thats it. Personally I need to buy games that I know I can play for 80+ hours and still go back to it in maybe a year or so.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Also Mario Galaxy. Maybe Mario Kart Wii if you're a masochist. Eventually, it'll hit the stride the DS hit.

It's actually really sneaky when you think about how Nintendo is working now:

http://malstrom.50webs.com/birdman.html

Recommended reading if you've got the time. Crazy long, but well written.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 08:08 PM       
Mario Galaxy is terrible!

I played Mario Kart Wii like twice and haven't touched it since.

Brawl is ok, but I can't help but feel that they killed part of what made me love Melee. Not sure what that is, but I know it's gone.

I find I'm sharing Fathom's lack of interest in consoles lately. There aren't any noteworthy Wii games on the horizon; they dumbed down Alone in the Dark a shit ton, although I'm pretty confident that the Wii could have performed all the fancy in-game physics it had. I mean, it only looks a few steps above RE4 anyway. I was sort of excited for The Conduit, but I looked at the dev team's production history and then I wasn't.
has a woody
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 08:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
Mario Galaxy is terrible!

Shit sucks.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 08:39 PM       
Whatever, Ondore.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 11:35 PM       
has a woody
Old Jul 9th, 2008, 01:37 AM       
Pogs are so rad.

Forum Virgin
Old Jul 9th, 2008, 09:57 AM       
Thats sort of what I meant. Like I play elder scrolls oblivion and morrowind and other long assed games like that. And you can play those forever because of all the content in the game. Even some classic rpg's have replay value because after a few years of beating them you get this feeling like you should go back and play through them again. but games like no more heroes or mario galaxy on the wii just dont have the same effect. I'm not saying the wii only has those type of games *cough* assasins creed *cough* but it seems like they are trying to produce as many 20-30 hr games as possible instead of something with 80+. I dunno maybe its just me. I prefer games that I can become addicted to for months at a time but isnt that a sign of a truly great game?......well it could be that or i could have some strange disorder lol.
Forum Virgin
Old Jul 9th, 2008, 10:00 AM       
Oh and most of what I play are console games. I'm not the best with computers so tht way when I buy a 360 game I know its going to work in my 360......unless of course it messes up again.....i dont wanna talk about it.
has a woody
Old Jul 9th, 2008, 10:05 AM       
To be fair, a game with 80+ hours only comes to a console once every so often. We may have just not seen it yet.

Forum Virgin
Old Jul 9th, 2008, 07:02 PM       
Oh i know. don't get me wrong im not getting in the console vs computer fight or anything because people pick a different one depending on what they are looking for. But there are a few games that have just hooked me. ive spent over 500 hrs on oblivion (also on comp i know) and i dont even know how many on morrowind. and a few games here and there that i became addicted to. like twisted metal 4. i dont know why but i loved that thing. but in terms of games i dont think Wii has done this yet. In 5 yrs i dont think people are going to be talking about smash bros brawl or galaxy or any other well known wii game at this time.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 9th, 2008, 07:08 PM       
Brawl? Yeah, they will.

Don't get me wrong, I think Morrowind is a great game. Fucking Everest of a learning curve coupled with the inability to do anything until you hit about level 15 stopped me from enjoying it at first, but it is excellent.

But a game really doesn't have to be a thousand hour open ended EXTRAVAGANZA for it to be memorable. Resident Evil, Mario 64, Half Life, etc, all remembered and loved, and none of them are more than 15 hours long.

Mario 64, mabye, I haven't played it in a while.
Forum Virgin
Old Jul 9th, 2008, 07:13 PM       
dont get me wrong lol there are a bunch of games that are incredibly short that i love. like the ones you mentioned. I wouldnt want every game to be that long. but for some reason im attracted to games that i can mess around with for a while. like right now im playing start wars battlefront 2 just cause i can do so much in the instant action category.
has a woody
Old Jul 9th, 2008, 08:10 PM       
I'm pretty sure people will be talking about Galaxy and Brawl 5 years from now. Smash has a rabid fanbase that played Melee nonstop for 7 years, and Galaxy's level design and gameplay concept are something you don't see much on the same console.

(Actually, I think Galaxy would be talked about more just because of the gameplay innovations. But apparently some people don't like them.)

If only modding were possible for console games. WiFi Metroid or Super Paper Mario mods would be rad. Also, headtracking. Someone really needs to get on the ball with headtracking.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 9th, 2008, 08:11 PM       
Mario Galaxy isn't innovative or interesting in the slightest, when will people realize this
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 9th, 2008, 08:16 PM       
People talking about Brawl five years from now? You've got to be shitting me. The only reason that it'd be talked about for another five years is because another SSB won't be released until Nintendo's next console.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 9th, 2008, 08:17 PM       
I'm not sure if hardcore Brawl fans count as people, but they will be.
has a woody
Old Jul 9th, 2008, 08:39 PM       
I already pointed out that the die-hard fans would be the ones talking about it till the next game, but okay.

@GW: Name me another game that explores the use of spherical planets as levels and has rad stuff like the Dark Matter and Splatter Matter stages, because I'd love to play it.

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 9th, 2008, 08:45 PM       
Clank's giant levels in Rachet & Clank: Going Commando. Of course, even then it wasn't new.

The PSN game Super Stardust follows the same formula.