Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2006, 05:32 PM        Predictions on Cuba?
So Fidel is ailing, and has passed power over to his brother for the first time since 1959.

Any thoughts? Will this be a "big" moment in Cuba's history, or will he recover and live another 50 years?

If it's the former, what are the chances of Cuba's relationship with the States improving?
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Aug 1st, 2006, 05:57 PM       
Personally, I don't think that the government will instantaneously collapse, even in the event of his death. I believe that, if anything, it'll be a slow decline that may very well take decades to complete.

Aside from that, he's been ailing for years, and he hasn't died yet, so I figure there's a fair to good chance he has a few years left.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2006, 07:46 PM       
I predict Cuba will be driven into the ground by products marked "Made in China" and "Made in Japan".
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2006, 08:12 PM       
He'll be replaced by elected brothers and assorted other fanboys for quite a while, I guess.

Nothing to see here...

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2006, 10:15 PM       
I think they will ressurect the corpse of Che Gavarra using Disney animatronics and he will rule a generation of mall kids who don't know who the hell he is but still wear his tshirt.

Seriously, i suspect he will have someone who believes just like him to replace him. Until the country goes bankrupt and gives up communism i don't think we'll get any better relations.
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 10:49 AM       
I will be the next leader of Cuba. I mean, it's so obvious. You guys must be really delusional not to see it coming.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 10:53 AM       
Shut up.