Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Oct 28th, 2003, 01:20 AM        Another imigration complaint
Within the next 10 to 20 weeks, there will be a great purge of latin-american workers in the northeast. The Dems have been trying to contain this as long as posible, but I, working in the consturction industry, can see the tension building. Hispanics have been the fastest growing minority in the US for ten years now, partly due to imigration, but most of them are still migrant workers (when is the last time you heared of a retired mexican?) Walmart has had the courage to kick off the first round of citizenship related firings, with other companies to soon follow thier lead.

The town I live in, Peekskill New York, has recently been divided on a plan to provide a structure for the day laborers to congregate in. I might remind the public that day laborers DO NOT pay any taxes, yet reap the benifiets of free county subsidized health and dental care (westchester county, NY.)

I am a second generation US citizen, I work 60 hours a week, pay 30% of my salary to taxes, and I still cannot afford healthcare insurance that these imigrants recieve for free. In fact, a COUNTY law has recently been passed mandating that all hispanic county employees must be paid at least $12.75 per hour. This excludes all other races who can be paid as low as $5.75 per hour under FEDERAL minimum wage laws.