Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2009, 08:17 AM        Ahh, being a parent.
I remember the good ol' days, before the married with children thing happened to me, where I could afford to be the long haired, bearded, cynical badass participating in badassery and general shenanigans. After all, I had an image to uphold (chuckles).

But fast forward a few years later. My little boy goes to day care and loves it. He always has a smile on, even since the first day. I guess he, too, had an image to uphold, but for some reason, today he chose to bawl like... well, like a baby when I dropped him off. And since I've never seen him react like that, it made me, too, start crying.

So, uh, what the eff? I'd like to forget this happened and go back to speculating whether Guile or Kid 'n' Play were the originators of the flat top haircut.
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2009, 08:35 AM       
KILL THEM BOTH AND YOU CAN BE COOL AGAIN
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old May 5th, 2009, 10:32 AM       
My 2-year old has been going to pre-school for the past 2 weeks. He's very excited about it at home, reminding me to get his jacket, shoes, etc. Then we get there and he turns all shy and needy, you know "don't leave daddy daddy daddy!". I've learned (the hard way, it turns out) that you need to steel yourself, kiss him goodbye, say "See ya later, dude!" and walk out the door.

Hard to do, but it's easiest on everyone, including him.

EDIT: Did I mention it also helps if you've been drinking heavily?
You may already be there.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : May 5th, 2009 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Truth will set you free
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 5th, 2009, 10:33 AM       
Yeah, you'll get used to it. Mine are 9 and almost 14 now and my self image is a distant ghost. You stop worrying about not being cool, because it's so crystal clear you aren't.

Oh, wait, you're the Dad, right.

Yeah. Yeah. Belly up to the all you can eat humiliation buffet.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 5th, 2009, 12:42 PM       
Take video of him with your phone and tell him your gonna show it to his future girlfriend. Remember, as a parent, it is your duty to collect as much blackmail as possible. Imagine if your dad carried a camera/video recorder EVERYWHERE HE FUCKING WENT.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old May 5th, 2009, 07:49 PM       
KID N PLAY MAY HAVE INVENTED IT, BUT GUILE PERFECTED IT.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old May 5th, 2009, 11:14 PM       
Whenever you get tired of doing the whole 'Santa' charade, just tell them you caught him breaking in, and murdered him. Your kids will either think you're a total badass, or they'll fear you and never act up again.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2009, 03:23 AM       
Max: I kinda thought kids would think their parents were cool regardless until the teenage years. Maybe I'm a nerd but I still think my dad's cool, and I'm (hours away from) 28.

Sam: I think I agree. More people remember Street Fighter than House Party.

Sappington: My kid's too young for the Santa charade just yet. I always told myself I wouldn't bullshit my kid, therefore no easter bunny or Santa or whatnot, but now, I dunno, I kinda feel like that'd rob it of the magic. Meanwhile, if I go the whole nine yards, I just hope I don't end up like Phoebe Cates's dad in Gremlins.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old May 6th, 2009, 05:35 AM       

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old May 6th, 2009, 12:24 PM       
Happy Birthday Skull. Tomorrow.
You may already be there.